What Is The Most Potent Serotonin Antagonist

M

member 6316

I need a medication that blocks/decrease serotonin the best.

Sucrates

On what receptor/s?
There are over a dozen receptor subtypes, seems in some places the receptors do the opposite of what they are otherwise expected to do. I'm not sure there is such a thing as a blanket serotonin receptor. I've seen a couple of old papers showing LSD and similar compounds as the most potent anti-serotonin in certain contexts. In the context of hypothyroidism the best might be T3, in hyperthyroidism then anti-thyroid drugs, in starvation then food, in psychological stress then GABA etc.
Cypro is probably the safest to play around with.

L

lollipop

On what receptor/s?
There are over a dozen receptor subtypes, seems in some places the receptors do the opposite of what they are otherwise expected to do. I'm not sure there is such a thing as a blanket serotonin receptor. I've seen a couple of old papers showing LSD and similar compounds as the most potent anti-serotonin in certain contexts. In the context of hypothyroidism the best might be T3, in hyperthyroidism then anti-thyroid drugs, in starvation then food, in psychological stress then GABA etc.
@Sucrates here is an interesting take between
Receptors and Serotonin's actions:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/09/170904093724.htm

Sucrates

L

lollipop

Thanks @lisaferraro . I haven't read the paper itself, there may be something to it in that interrupting serotonin in some parts of the brain does change perception. I sure as hell wouldn't take a large dose of LSD with one of those people in the same room though.
:rolling

artlange

I need a medication that blocks/decrease serotonin the best.
I have taken lisuride: dopamine is up, seretonin is down. is this the "best"? don't know.

finding the "best" of anyting may never happen. I find something good enough and then keep looking. my life will probably be better, I'm getting good results while I keep searching. if I waited for the best, how will I know when I found it?

Last edited:

Lucenzo01

After experimenting with dozens of supplements, the combo caffeine/niacinamide/creatine has worked wonders.

Waynish

After experimenting with dozens of supplements, the combo caffeine/niacinamide/creatine has worked wonders.

What effect is creatine adding experientially? Do you get comparable effects eating meat with your b3 and caffeine?

Wagner83

Why did you ditch the aspirin? What do you think about the potential effects of high doses niacinamide (500mg few times a day) ? For exampple there have been reports on this very forum of massively dropped levels of homocysteine.
Adding some K2 to all this caffeine (200mg few times a day) could be worth a try.

yerrag

On what receptor/s?
I'm glad to learn from you that there are many context from which we can view the suppression of serotonin.

I tested a little on the high side of range for prolactin, and it could indicate that my serotonin, nitric oxide, and estrogen could be on the high side. It likely has to do with some tissue destruction on-going in my kidney, for which I suspect is an ongoing lead toxicity condition in the proximal tubules. Test of my LDH is above range, likely also because of it. I have a very high blood pressure condition because of it as well. However, I don't feel compelled to lower my blood pressure except through the eventual resolution of my lead toxic condition. I believe I'm being well served by the high blood pressure as well as my perceived (not confirmed) high nitric oxide levels. The high blood pressure is the result of constricted blood vessels serving to create hyproxic conditions to produce uric acid, to serve as an antioxidant to protect from the free radicals induced by lead toxicity. The high nitric oxide level is also needed to deal with the tissue damage. With this thinking, I am loathe to get a serotonin antagonist, much less a nitric oxide antagonist, to simply lower my nitric oxide levels. As I would lose the protection I'm currently being provided by these substances.

bdawg

I'm glad to learn from you that there are many context from which we can view the suppression of serotonin.

I tested a little on the high side of range for prolactin, and it could indicate that my serotonin, nitric oxide, and estrogen could be on the high side. It likely has to do with some tissue destruction on-going in my kidney, for which I suspect is an ongoing lead toxicity condition in the proximal tubules. Test of my LDH is above range, likely also because of it. I have a very high blood pressure condition because of it as well. However, I don't feel compelled to lower my blood pressure except through the eventual resolution of my lead toxic condition. I believe I'm being well served by the high blood pressure as well as my perceived (not confirmed) high nitric oxide levels. The high blood pressure is the result of constricted blood vessels serving to create hyproxic conditions to produce uric acid, to serve as an antioxidant to protect from the free radicals induced by lead toxicity. The high nitric oxide level is also needed to deal with the tissue damage. With this thinking, I am loathe to get a serotonin antagonist, much less a nitric oxide antagonist, to simply lower my nitric oxide levels. As I would lose the protection I'm currently being provided by these substances.

How did you get that level of lead exposure?

yerrag

How did you get that level of lead exposure?
It has to come from either an old apartment complex or an old house I was renting in Cincinnati. Must have old pipes with lead.

Lucenzo01

What effect is creatine adding experientially? Do you get comparable effects eating meat with your b3 and caffeine?

I got good reactions from it but only in small doses. Sharper mentally and libido is a bit better. I forgot to mention aspirin lol, I always use it and sometimes I forget that I do.

Why did you ditch the aspirin? What do you think about the potential effects of high doses niacinamide (500mg few times a day) ? For exampple there have been reports on this very forum of massively dropped levels of homocysteine.
Adding some K2 to all this caffeine (200mg few times a day) could be worth a try.

Yeah, I forgot.to mention aspirin. IIRC homocysteine levels skyrocketed with chronic niacinamide use. I'm not worried about it, I eat plenty of eggs, yoghurt and bacon son B-vitamins shouldn't be a problem and they regulate homocysteine.

I have been thinking about adding k2, but I want to try vitamin E first and try to isolate factors.

Broken man

I got good reactions from it but only in small doses. Sharper mentally and libido is a bit better. I forgot to mention aspirin lol, I always use it and sometimes I forget that I do.

Yeah, I forgot.to mention aspirin. IIRC homocysteine levels skyrocketed with chronic niacinamide use. I'm not worried about it, I eat plenty of eggs, yoghurt and bacon son B-vitamins shouldn't be a problem and they regulate homocysteine.

I have been thinking about adding k2, but I want to try vitamin E first and try to isolate factors.
Vit. B6 is good against homocysteine.

Wagner83

I forgot to say that a lot of people have noticed a good androgenic boost from creatine (studies show elevated dht) but then it it vanishes.

ddjd

As in do you take it as a supplement stack in powder form? What amounts of each?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals