What is the minimum salt intake to lull the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System?

golder

Shouldnt a low metabolism cause craving for salt then? Yet salt becomes difficult t consume for low metabolic people. Also how are people eating al this salt? You cant put much on meat and rice. It makes milk taste horrible. The only thing you can really put a good amount salt in is orange juice or coconut water.
Salt on meat and rice is incredible, not sure why you think otherwise.

Dr. B

I can easilly, maybe your taste for it is guiding you in a different way.
Oh i mean it depends on how much meat and rice. How much salt are you putting on how much meat rice?
If i had for instance a cup of cooked rice or 2 cups, with 4 oz cooked beef, i couldnt put more than maybe 1000mg worth of salt on it. So to get the 5000mg+ sodium was tough
But i do think if the salt is put in while cooking it’s different and much more can be put. But who knows how much of that salt is remaining in the meat and rice vs being dumped out in the water or juices that come out of the meat or rice?

SuperStressed

Oh i mean it depends on how much meat and rice. How much salt are you putting on how much meat rice?
If i had for instance a cup of cooked rice or 2 cups, with 4 oz cooked beef, i couldnt put more than maybe 1000mg worth of salt on it. So to get the 5000mg+ sodium was tough
But i do think if the salt is put in while cooking it’s different and much more can be put. But who knows how much of that salt is remaining in the meat and rice vs being dumped out in the water or juices that come out of the meat or rice?
With a steak (about 50 grams protein) and 100-125ish grams of carbs from rice I can put 5 grams of salt on that and not feel like I over salted it. I think ive done more at times. It must depend on stress, hydration and mineral levels at the time.

On the other hand Ive had crappy takeout pizzas which are salty beyond belief and had to sip orange juice or even water, which I never usually drink, all night and into breakfast the next day just to dilute the salt. It really makes me wonder just how much salt is those things considering how much I can tolerate in meat and rice.

I really would just follow your senses with salt, if it tastes too salty its too much salt. That can be tricky when its hidden in a bad pizza.

Ray used to say "salt to taste"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals