What is the least harmful diabetes medication?

OP
H
pyrucet is almost here...delayed shipping I’m guessing Bc of holidays...looking into cortinon too— any suggestions on dosage and oral/Sublingual/topical (and where)? For ~70yo 5’6 140lb

Jerkboy

Try a lower fat diet. See if you can reduce insulin intake.

OP
H
Thank you everyone for your input. We got some devastating news today...the lymphoma is back (in brain) and lactate levels were high, CO2 low. What do you all think of autologous bone marrow stem cell transplant? That seems to be the next step in conventional treatment.

Q- would pyrucet’s interactions help our labs for lactate/CO2?

Any recommendations on associated extreme fatigue ?

@Perry Staltic - Thank you again, we had started incorporating some of the stack you linked...

youngsinatra

Thank you everyone for your input. We got some devastating news today...the lymphoma is back (in brain) and lactate levels were high, CO2 low. What do you all think of autologous bone marrow stem cell transplant? That seems to be the next step in conventional treatment.

Q- would pyrucet’s interactions help our labs for lactate/CO2?

Any recommendations on associated extreme fatigue ?

@Perry Staltic - Thank you again, we had started incorporating some of the stack you linked...
High lactic acid: within less than 24hrs IV thiamine can fix this. I believe this can be achieved with B1 + magnesium.

1621098431531.png

Magnesium deficiency also worsens B1 depletion, so it's essential to take magnesium with it.

Dyckner, T., Ek, B., Nyhlin, H., & Wester, P. O. (1985). Aggravation of thiamine deficiency by magnesium depletion. A case report. Acta medica Scandinavica, 218(1), 129–131.

I‘d take 2 x 1 grams of pure thiamin HCL and 500mg magnesium (as glycinate) with each B1 dose. (depending on bowel tolerance.)

30min before a meal to ensure optimal utilization.

Last edited:
OP
H
Thank you, I’ve been giving solgar thiamine hcl with Magnesium taurate (It’s what I have on hand ... any reasons for glycinate specifically?) - but it’s becoming difficult for him to swallow pills —-any brand recommendations for the powder? I know a lot of people recommend bulk supplements but right now they are out of stock.

I added BoswellIa 1000mg and he had a noticeable increase in alertness.

OP
H
Pyrucet arrived...Can someone please provide me haidut’s email or a way to directly reach him for some specific questions relating to its use while on high dose steroids and consequent worsening hyperglycemia.

OP
H
Update: family started new chemotherapy regimen as the type of cancer is aggressive and his decline was rapid as severe— within 1 cycle we noticed clinical improvement and now after second cycle- the lesions are gone

BG is much better - I’m thinking maybe burden of disease had caused it to go high in the first place

I’m thinking to take him off insulin (very small dose) and back on metformin specifically because this ;

His most recent imaging showed no lesions but there was moderate small vessel ischemia.

I would really appreciate feedback from anyone with more knowledge about metformin- or if anything else can help with small vessel disease….

Thank you all

Back
Top Bottom