What Is The Least Damaging Mind Altering Substance?

Are you talking about LSD? It's just lifting the veil, it's not doing anything wrong in the first place. Abrupt discontinuation of SSRI could yield the same effect.

Maretch

Re: Alcohol: Which is Least Estrogenic?

You guys crack me up. The hallucinogen with the least damaging effects is the one with the least amount of hallucinogen.

Hallucinations are the brains response to either acute stress or a lack of stimuli (also probably pretty stressful in it's own right to the brain). I'm not an expert on the field but what I do know is that ALL hallucinogens share a common trait of mimicking and replacing serotonin in the brain (in non Peat parlance, they "have affinity for binding to serotonin receptors").

From what you know about Peat, do you think a drug that basically acts as a super powerful version of serotonin could ever be good for you? The effects you desire are exactly the cause of the damage you wish to avoid.

If you wanna do LSD, don't pretend like it's a health choice. Just do it and deal with the consequences.

Thank you for the info))) interesting!

Pet Peeve

I don't care what anyone says, alcohol is the least damaging drug - as long as you don't act like an a-hole. Weed is pretty benign compared to how nice it is. The rest of the drugs are a scam

Agent207

dependencia.gif

Agent207

Taking into acount that there are so many variables that can make the danger of a single drug extremely vary, aside of that I think from a general perspective the table is fine.

GHB is miles ahead from most "mind altering" substances, having a much better safety profile.

BobbyDukes

Mo
Taking into acount that there are so many variables that can make the danger of a single drug extremely vary, aside of that I think from a general perspective the table is fine.

GHB is miles ahead from most "mind altering" substances, having a much better safety profile.

Yeah I suppose that's why I was asking what variables they used. Where did the table me come from?

I definitely would urge caution with GHB. Not sure I agree with you that it's safety profile is better than other drugs. What reason would authorities have for banning it in most places? Its pretty much banned everywhere, and for reasonable reasons.

Agent207

You mean political reasons, as everything. If aspirin had psychotropic effects above X dosage and people started abusing it, be sure it would be banned as well.

A mind altering substance is supposed to not be abused by definition. A few shots of ghb here and then in the right amouts is pretty safe and the on of the least unhealthy substances out there. Much better and healthier than a high from alcohol.

BobbyDukes

You mean political reasons, as everything. If aspirin had psychotropic effects above X dosage and people started abusing it, be sure it would be banned as well.

A mind altering substance is supposed to not be abused by definition. A few shots of ghb here and then in the right amouts is pretty safe and the on of the least unhealthy substances out there. Much better and healthier than a high from alcohol.

Well, most governments like to ban drugs... Because, well, that's their stance on drugs. But I do feel that GHB (and its precursors which are way more brutal), have been completely underestimated on that table you posted. That's why I asked where it came from and how they worked that out. In my opinion, there are lots of reasons why you would ban a drug like GHB.

Acutely, GHB has an overdose curve that is so steep it may as well be vertical. If you are not educated, and decide that a few tablespoons is a good first dose, you will have taken so much, you will go into a coma, your heart will stop, and unless you get medical attention pretty quickly, u will probably die (and there are plenty of your average Joe Public's around who would do this, thinking it's like alcohol or something). This reason alone is why something like GHB will never ever be decriminalised. Whereas something like cannabis (in certain places), will.

Long term, it is riddled with addiction testomonies. There is thread upon thread of these harrowing stories. Just google them... 'GHB withdrawal'... And such.

GHB can also be used as a weapon. I hate to use the term 'date rape' but it's taste can easily be used in cocktails and other alcoholic beverages, creating victims for an abuser/predator.

On to your second point: 'A mind altering substance is not supposed to be abused by definition'

Well, that's really lovely and all. I definitely feel you there.
Let's all take some drugs, sit in a field and learn more about ourselves. If only taking a drug was really like that. Maybe that can be achieved with the things Ray Peat has mentioned (low dose LSD), but remember that definition of a 'mind altering substance' also covers things which really screw a person up, like meth, heroin and crack.

Agent207

Sorry but most of your arguments are laughable. First when I say ghb I mean true ghb, gently synthesized, not precursors or shitty made with unreacted lactone. Its not so hard to get a clean product with a minimum knowledge.

Second, I don't care about the uneducated people. If you know what you're taking, you don't need big brains to stick with a fixed amount, which is not that fixed after all, you have a reasonable window to overdose without danger more than some headache or an alcohol-induced-like mild coma. Now, if someone decides to take 2-3x the dosage, well, then let Darwing to do his job. There always will be people like that for every scenario in life; like the ones that go crazy with the car or decide to do a kamikaze racing.. Should we ban car driving for all?

Time ago I took ghb for two months every night for delta wave and hgh enhancing sleep purposes, zero withdrawal. And there're a lot of people with the same result. But you pick the fearmongering stories over internet. Sure there will be cases of withdrawal, like there will be the ones described before. The same for the "rape date" and some other funny nicks from streets; like if I pretended to do such thing there won't be 9999 alternatives out there...Did the rape stadistics dropped since the ban, by the way?

Now lets get serious; this study, in vivo, in young healthy men, look how dangerous is it...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC508244/pdf/1000745.pdf

Of course this study was done in the pre-ban era, so very unlikely that bigpharma/governments will see with good eyes the funding and ongoing studies lile this one, out of the narcolepsy area.

Mind altering substance is to use it under a minimum safety protocol. Its not food, not water, not for the every day or every weekend fun. I do "mind altering" substances for special ocasions when I consider it deserves it.. a rave, sex, friends party... etc, 8-10 times a year at most. Some do more, some do less or nothing, And everyone can be fine. But I can do the same things the rest of the year with taking absoutely no-thing... not even a beer. There isnt much people that can go out and have fun without a single drink. Drinking every weekend is a normal practice well accepted in society. But hey, alcohol is legal, so no problem with that. Lets follow what politics teach us for whats good and whats bad for us. Sure they care the most for our health and wellbeing...

Last edited:

Entropy

DMT is amazing.

But try binaural beats if you want to stay away from substances.