What Is The Ideal Waking Temperature?

Ahanu

I feel like my metabolism is hampered by something else, i.e. chronic stress from exercise. Why else would my temp be ideal and resting pulse sit at 60? My mate whose been my tennis player the past 5 years or so also has a low pulse.

Pulse needs longer than temperarure to "repair" , peat says and i can confirm from my own experience.

whit

I've heard it said the average temp Has gone down. The theory is: due to environmental stress factors the thyroid has down regulated metabolism across the board. Higher temps become the acception. So I guess we need to become exceptional.
Pulse needs longer than temperarure to "repair" , peat says and i can confirm from my own experience.

I've spent years in sports and can attest to the pulse hypothesis. Still working on that.
Any tipps in that department?:roll:

Ahanu

thegiantess

I think the point of all these modalities is to bolster the thyroid and all the rest of the "systems" during a time of disrepair. To stave off any more damage from being done during repair.
Sure some of these things are just a hack to feel better in the meantime but whose to say thats not also part of the recovery process.

Yah. I get that, but how does one differentiate between raising stress hormones and thereby raising temps or actually boosting metabolism. Slippery slope. Not saying it's wrong, but just seems like it could go very badly for someone who is severely metabolically deranged. Context needs to be considered and I think a lot of people land on this site and lack context when applying some advice found around here.

thegiantess

I've spent years in sports and can attest to the pulse hypothesis. Still working on that.
Any tipps in that department?:roll:

Former long distance runner and swimmer here. Before that spent a few years doing big lifts. I have been not doing much of anything for about 16 months. Although.. I was pregnant for 9 of those. Anyway my pulse has come up from the 40s and 50s to the 60s and 70s without doing anything super special and withiut a lot of Peat inspired hacks.

whit

Yah. I get that, but how does one differentiate between raising stress hormones and thereby raising temps or actually boosting metabolism. Slippery slope. Not saying it's wrong, but just seems like it could go very badly for someone who is severely metabolically deranged. Context needs to be considered and I think a lot of people land on this site and lack context when applying some advice found around here.

Yea, context is imperative especially here.
Patience is not my strongsuit.
I'm coming off peleo/keto. So there's more derangement than just metabolism here.

whit

I had to start back slowly and steady.
Glycine has been very helpful keeping stress down.
Salt and mag. were crucial too.

tara

but how does one differentiate between raising stress hormones and thereby raising temps or actually boosting metabolism.
Seems tricky to me too. And a good case for taking things gradually and watching the signs.

Context needs to be considered and I think a lot of people land on this site and lack context when applying some advice found around here.
Yeah.

I have been not doing much of anything for about 16 months. ... I was pregnant for 9 of those.
LOL. :)

whit

The only indicators that I know short of tests is consistent temps and overall temperment.
If my feet are cold but I'm feeling ok there's probably some stress hormones going on somewhere.
The hard part is being conscious of it but not obsessive.
There's so many stressors out there.

heartnhands

I think the point of all these modalities is to bolster the thyroid and all the rest of the "systems" during a time of disrepair. To stave off any more damage from being done during repair.
Sure some of these things are just a hack to feel better in the meantime but whose to say thats not also part of the recovery process.
Seems right on process to me.

heartnhands

Former long distance runner and swimmer here. Before that spent a few years doing big lifts. I have been not doing much of anything for about 16 months. Although.. I was pregnant for 9 of those. Anyway my pulse has come up from the 40s and 50s to the 60s and 70s without doing anything super special and withiut a lot of Peat inspired hacks.
Doesn't being pregnant increase thyroid and progesterone to super high levels? Wouldn't that raise pulse and temp.

heartnhands

Cypro would be more effective, but theanine will help.
Have you had best results with cipro? I'm fearful of Cipro because of having known several senior citizens who had bad reactions 2 of whom died directly after bad side effects.

DaveFoster

Have you had best results with cipro? I'm fearful of Cipro because of having known several senior citizens who had bad reactions 2 of whom died directly after bad side effects.
Cyproheptadine, not ciproflaxin.

Lecarpetron

OP, 97.8-98.2 upon waking. It should steadily rise, crossing 98.6 around mid-morning, and hit a peak of 99.0+ late afternoon. Should then slowly drop and as it does you should get sleepy. So depends on time of day (and time of month for ladies). Jumping around instead of following this diurnal curve would indicate bumping it with stimulants instead of sustainable metabolic improvement...but ya gotta start somewhere!

JohnCC

I've been using peripheral temps combined with core to confirm stress hormones in the morning.
Just a theory I'm working on.

Hi whit, could you elaborate please on how you measure peripheral temps to compare with core (oral?) temps? Thanks

JohnCC

P.s My temps are optimal after four rounds of 850nm infrared light therapy on the thyroid!

Hi m_arch!
What is the duration and interval of the "rounds" you are using, e.g. X minutes every Y days?
Thanks!

thegiantess

Doesn't being pregnant increase thyroid and progesterone to super high levels? Wouldn't that raise pulse and temp.

Yep. It raises hormones, but no it didn't increase pulse for me. My pulse didn't really come up until post partum

heartnhands

The only indicators that I know short of tests is consistent temps and overall temperment.
If my feet are cold but I'm feeling ok there's probably some stress hormones going on somewhere.
The hard part is being conscious of it but not obsessive.
There's so many stressors out there.
Being conscious and faithful would hold back the fear..Hope you act to redirect every thought back to curiosity.