What Is The Deal With Thorne's Ultimate E ?

Discussion in 'Vitamins' started by Frankdee20, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    Unique E has been the only one I have used since I began supplementing. I cannot say anything bad, but cannot rave about it either. I know they may have changed their source material in the last few years. Thorne Ultimate E is ridiculously expensive, but I do not believe it is derived from Soy. Yes, I already saw the Toxinless comparisons of E source material, and GMO vs Non GMO. Has anyone used this product, and how would you compare it to Unique E ?

2. RisingSun

RisingSun Member

Are you Frank Tufano?

3. OP
    Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    No. Frank DiMaggio. I kid you not

4. Mossy

Mossy Member

Do you prefer Thorne E over Tocovit? If Thorne is expensive, maybe Tocovit--reported as one of the few, if not only, E supplements derived from wheat germ--would be cheaper and better. Just a thought.

5. OP
    Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    Never used Tocovit, does it really matter if something comes from wheat germ vs soy ?

6. Mossy

Mossy Member

From what I’ve read on this forum, wheat germ derived E is the highest quality, and on par with what Peat considers the best.

7. BigChad

BigChad Member

thornes ultimate E is sourced from soy but they claim molecular distillation removes all soy residues and allergens. there is no soy oil in the actual capsule. there is only 105mg of mct oil in the capsule. the mixed tocopherols come from soy and palm oil. there are some tocotrienols in trace amounts in the product but are not measured. the palm oil is distilled and purified as well so you likely wont get any of the squalene or sterols from palm. overall it seems to be the best vitamin e product currently available besides haiduts product. im not sure if the ratio of tocopherols is correct though. there is around 350mg alpha tocopherol and 350mg gamma tocopherol. im not sure if more alpha is better, more gamma is better or 1:1 is best.