What Is The Best Topical And How To Make?

Mossy

Hi, was just wondering has anyone had much success with their DIY topical solutions, its something I plan to try in the future alongside minoxidil
I have to say that I have not had much success with DIY or commercial solutions.

As for DIY, what happens with me, is that I'll have an adverse reaction to the topical, or an internal supplement, and will not be able to use it long term. The only DYI that I can use long-term is topical castor oil. Castor oil makes the hair I have nicer, but it did not regrow, or even completely halt hair loss for me.

Currently, I'm applying a caffeine - white willow bark (aspirin) combo in the AM, and a taurine - vitamin e succinate combo in the PM. I attempted this last week, but I had an allergic reaction to niacinamide and/or niacin, so had to stop. I've started again two days ago. Something is still off, I don't feel perfect, and am teetering on the edge of another reaction; but, until then, I'll continue.

I also was using a Dermanator, which is a mechanical dermaroller, but stopped that until I feel 100%. I do feel that is beneficial -- if not for anything else, for rejuvenating the scalp skin and getting blood flow to the scalp.

Last edited:

Mossy

Has anybody mixed Progest-e into the shampoo and washed their hair that way? It's sort of gooey, but I put a drop in with a small amount of shampoo today and it seemed to spread ok - might start doing that more unless Preg powder is deemed more effective.
I have some progesterone cream (Progesta-Care) that is next up on my DYI solutions. I'm a bit more hesitant to use it, as I would like to do some more prep, to have a better understanding of dosing, symptoms, etc. Not to mention, I want to see how the two solutions I mention above work out.

franc0

I have to say that I have not had much success with DIY or commercial solutions.

As for DIY, what happens with me, is that I'll have an adverse reaction to the topical, or an internal supplement, and will not be able to use it long term. The only DYI that I can use long-term is topical castor oil. Castor oil makes the hair I have nicer, but it did not regrow, or even completely halt hair loss for me.

Currently, I'm applying a caffeine - white willow bark (aspirin) combo in the AM, and a taurine - vitamin e succinate combo in the PM. I attempted this last week, but I had an allergic reaction to niacinamide and/or niacin, so had to stop. I've started again two days ago. Something is still off, I don't feel perfect, and am teetering on the edge of another reaction; but, until then, I'll continue.

I also was using a Dermanator, which is a mechanical dermaroller, but stopped that until I feel 100%. I do feel that is beneficial -- if not for anything else, for rejuvenating the scalp skin and getting blood flow to the scalp.
Yeah I've been using Castor Oil here and there, I'd say the day after, you definitely get a thicker texture, seems like most people on the forum are using it.
Something I wish to try in the future is Methylene Blue with Red light, apparently used concurrently you get an additive affect, a lot of people swear by using LLLT as a means to combat hair loss. I'm assuming you're familiar with Danny Roddy, he has some really useful podcasts on his YouTube channel if you haven't listened to them already

Mossy

Yeah I've been using Castor Oil here and there, I'd say the day after, you definitely get a thicker texture, seems like most people on the forum are using it.
Something I wish to try in the future is Methylene Blue with Red light, apparently used concurrently you get an additive affect, a lot of people swear by using LLLT as a means to combat hair loss. I'm assuming you're familiar with Danny Roddy, he has some really useful podcasts on his YouTube channel if you haven't listened to them already
I forgot to mention, I have actually started red light (LED), a month ago. Prior to LED, I had used LLLT for about 16 months, as I mention on this thread. Attempting to be as objective as I can, I'd say LLLT probably was the biggest contributor to halting hair loss for me, but not stopping loss 100%. It's definitely only one part of the equation.

I have read a little on MB, but definitely would like to learn more -- thanks for the video. Yeah, I do know about Danny Roddy, but have yet to go through all of his stuff. On the LLLT thread I mentioned, there are some comments that MB combined with LLLT may be "too powerful".

Kibs

I'm having trouble getting the vid to play, in a hotel. Is it saying nitric oxide is good or bad for hair?

Mossy

I'm having trouble getting the vid to play, in a hotel. Is it saying nitric oxide is good or bad for hair?
Looking down the bullet points of the video, it claims Nitric oxide is bad:

"Nitric oxide and lactate stimulate angiogenesis"
"Nitric oxide irreversibly binds cytochrome c oxidase"
"Nitric oxide theory of aging"
"Ntric oxide can lower the core temperature"
"Good nutrition, thyroid, progesterone, methylene blue, and aspirin all inhibit nitric oxide"
"Caffeine reduces exhaled nitric oxide"

Mossy

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
I have some progesterone cream (Progesta-Care) that is next up on my DYI solutions. I'm a bit more hesitant to use it, as I would like to do some more prep, to have a better understanding of dosing, symptoms, etc. Not to mention, I want to see how the two solutions I mention above work out.

Did you ever end up using this? What was the result? I just bought a bunch and noticed at the end that one of the carriers is sunflower seed oil. By volume it can't possibly be that much (probably less pufa than is in an egg lol) but I'm iffy about the starting huge dose.

Mossy

Did you ever end up using this? What was the result? I just bought a bunch and noticed at the end that one of the carriers is sunflower seed oil. By volume it can't possibly be that much (probably less pufa than is in an egg lol) but I'm iffy about the starting huge dose.
Funnt that you ask. I just started about four days ago. I use one drop of Progest-e in coconut oil 1-2 times of day. It can make me tired. No success stories yet .

snacks

Funnt that you ask. I just started about four days ago. I use one drop of Progest-e in coconut oil 1-2 times of day. It can make me tired. No success stories yet .

I did megadose of the progestacare the day before today, y-day and today. Seems like I shed some water weight my muscles look a tiny bit fuller and I have a bit more energy. Also might have a slightly clearer mind as a baseline but may be placebo or the other things I'm doing paying off

snacks

I did megadose of the progestacare the day before today, y-day and today. Seems like I shed some water weight my muscles look a tiny bit fuller and I have a bit more energy. Also might have a slightly clearer mind as a baseline but may be placebo or the other things I'm doing paying off

Dont know if this is relevant to you @Mossy but be careful if you got a variety with the DHEA. have to return it and replace with a variety that only has progest following the typical too much dhea symptoms for me (sleeplessness, irritability)

Mossy

I’d be curious to know what your megadose was. Also, did you megadose for the purpose of “flushing out estrogen” initially and then you reduce for a maintenance dose? The estrogen comment is what I remember from previous posts, not my personal experience. I’ve never megadosed, but I am considering it.

Mossy

Dont know if this is relevant to you @Mossy but be careful if you got a variety with the DHEA. have to return it and replace with a variety that only has progest following the typical too much dhea symptoms for me (sleeplessness, irritability)
Sorry, but I’m not completely following what you’re saying. I do have to be careful with DHEA, as it can trigger sleeplessness and irritability, as you say.

snacks

I’d be curious to know what your megadose was. Also, did you megadose for the purpose of “flushing out estrogen” initially and then you reduce for a maintenance dose? The estrogen comment is what I remember from previous posts, not my personal experience. I’ve never megadosed, but I am considering it.

Yeah. The progestacare for women had preg and so I bought that but also had DHEA which caused the problem I refer to. The for men progestacare one which im ordering is just progesterone

Mossy

Yeah. The progestacare for women had preg and so I bought that but also had DHEA which caused the problem I refer to. The for men progestacare one which im ordering is just progesterone
Ok, I understand now what you meant by variety. I’m using Progest-E, so the only addition would be vitamin e. I’ve currently stopped taking it, as something has me feeling off. I’ll be curious to hear how your mega-dosing goes.

JDreamer

I've been on some Pure Progesterone (made by Karuna). In fact I think I over-did it when I first started. It was giving me flu-like, detox'ish symptoms. I read somewhere on here that it can happen because of the estrogen being removed from tissues back into the blood stream.

OP is probably bald by now, but I'll add that if you want something non-hormonal to put on your head daily that (kinda) works, it would be either

1. Ascorbic acid
2. Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate
3. Magnesium L Threonate

Basically whatever form of Vitamin C agrees best with your skin and can get to penetrate... you get the gist. The end goal is to deliver as much ascorbate into the skin because it will metabolize into L-Threonate which inhibits DKK-1, one of the key drivers of baldness. Inhibiting this protein alone won't stop your baldness, there are dozens of these cytokines that are responsible, but it's one piece of the puzzle and free of side-effects, so take from it what you will...

Dickkopf 1 promotes regression of hair follicles - PubMed
https://www.researchgate.net/public...hosphate_a_long-acting_Vitamin_C_derivative_3
https://www.researchgate.net/public...orbyl_Phosphate_for_the_Treatment_of_Alopecia
Dihydrotestosterone-inducible dickkopf 1 from balding dermal papilla cells causes apoptosis in follicular keratinocytes - PubMed
Preventable effect of L-threonate, an ascorbate metabolite, on androgen-driven balding via repression of dihydrotestosterone-induced dickkopf-1 expression in human hair dermal papilla cells - PubMed

Lots of studies on it...

Mossy

I've been on some Pure Progesterone (made by Karuna). In fact I think I over-did it when I first started. It was giving me flu-like, detox'ish symptoms. I read somewhere on here that it can happen because of the estrogen being removed from tissues back into the blood stream.
Interesting. Thank you for sharing. That estrogen issue is the one I’ve read about from others. Are you still taking progesterone? If so, how often and what dose?

inc0gnito

OP is probably bald by now, but I'll add that if you want something non-hormonal to put on your head daily that (kinda) works, it would be either

1. Ascorbic acid
2. Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate
3. Magnesium L Threonate

Basically whatever form of Vitamin C agrees best with your skin and can get to penetrate... you get the gist. The end goal is to deliver as much ascorbate into the skin because it will metabolize into L-Threonate which inhibits DKK-1, one of the key drivers of baldness. Inhibiting this protein alone won't stop your baldness, there are dozens of these cytokines that are responsible, but it's one piece of the puzzle and free of side-effects, so take from it what you will...

Dickkopf 1 promotes regression of hair follicles - PubMed
https://www.researchgate.net/public...hosphate_a_long-acting_Vitamin_C_derivative_3
https://www.researchgate.net/public...orbyl_Phosphate_for_the_Treatment_of_Alopecia
Dihydrotestosterone-inducible dickkopf 1 from balding dermal papilla cells causes apoptosis in follicular keratinocytes - PubMed
Preventable effect of L-threonate, an ascorbate metabolite, on androgen-driven balding via repression of dihydrotestosterone-induced dickkopf-1 expression in human hair dermal papilla cells - PubMed

Lots of studies on it...

But does Ascorbic Acid convert to L-Threonate at all? The studies are interesting but I don't think AA and L-Threonate are one and the same and it's possible this DKK-1 inhibiting effect only happens with the latter. I have a Vitamin C serum and I'm tempted to use it on my scalp now..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals