What Is The Best Topical And How To Make?

geneu

I'm using taurine solution to rinse and rub my hair for hair regrowth.
What substances can be added ?
Should I add nicinamide/aspirin or other??
Thx!

OP
G

geneu

I once rinsed with one little cup of expresso.
Then I found my hair more shinny.

sladerunner69

Taurine is very good for hair but I have trouble dissolving it in water, I dont know how to make a good liquid solution so I simply mix the taurine with a bit of ethanol and a lot of water and squirt it on my hair.

x-ray peat

After lots of random reading of this forum and other hair loss forums I've put together a concoction of castor oil and the following
biotin
taurine
niacinamide
pregnenolone
vitamin d
vitamin a
vitamin e
aspirin

This plus massaging in 1x/day and red light seems to be doing something thpough it is early (1 month) Shedding has stopped and it looks like some hair is growing back though tough to say.
Topical castor oil alone seems to give good results for many people.

OP
G

geneu

Taurine is very good for hair but I have trouble dissolving it in water, I dont know how to make a good liquid solution so I simply mix the taurine with a bit of ethanol and a lot of water and squirt it on my hair.
I used the brand of jarrow taurine
It can dissolve in water
What mg taurine did u use?

ivy

Where do you get these ingredients from?

I suspect it'll be nearly impossible to find them western Europe, but if there's a single online retailer selling them all, I'd give it a a go!
After lots of random reading of this forum and other hair loss forums I've put together a concoction of castor oil and the following
biotin
taurine
niacinamide
pregnenolone
vitamin d
vitamin a
vitamin e
aspirin

This plus massaging in 1x/day and red light seems to be doing something thpough it is early (1 month) Shedding has stopped and it looks like some hair is growing back though tough to say.

x-ray peat

Where do you get these ingredients from?

I suspect it'll be nearly impossible to find them western Europe, but if there's a single online retailer selling them all, I'd give it a a go!
I bought them all on Amazon but like you said Western Europe is a lot more restrictive thanks to the bureaucrats running Codex

inmyhead

biotin
taurine
niacinamide
pregnenolone
vitamin d
vitamin a
vitamin e
aspirin

How do yoo mix that? for example, you take whole aspiring tablet, crush it and add it to your topical? Doing things like that i get a lot of undisolved stuff in my mix...

x-ray peat

How do yoo mix that? for example, you take whole aspiring tablet, crush it and add it to your topical? Doing things like that i get a lot of undisolved stuff in my mix...
I just kind of winged it and it all ended up dissolved. Starting with a small 4 oz bottle of castor oil I added about a 1/2 teaspoon of each of the powders, 5-6 squeezed out of each vitamin oil capsules, 5-6 100 mg pregnenolone caps, and maybe 5 or 6 crushed aspirins. I always shake up the bottle before applications and don't feel any undissolved crap in it.

I happened to have these lying around from supplementing. There is a bunch of other stuff you can use if you do some googling

Last edited:

Mossy

biotin
taurine
niacinamide
pregnenolone
vitamin d
vitamin a
vitamin e
aspirin

This is an intriguing combination. I have some mixes that consist of a smaller combination from this list. I may have to try this large list. The only additional supplement I may add would be caffeine.

inmyhead

i wonder how to apply thing mixed with castor oil for diffuse thinners. Castor oil is so stichk. impossible to spread on scalp if you have longer than shaved hair

Mossy

i wonder how to apply thing mixed with castor oil for diffuse thinners. Castor oil is so stichk. impossible to spread on scalp if you have longer than shaved hair

I have good success using a syringe, to get between the hairs and onto the scalp. No doubt, you do get oil on the hair as well, but you're able to place the oil directly on the scalp initially. Another great advantage is that you can be pretty precise in where you place the oil and how much you use. I use this syringe, but in the future I may get a larger gauge metal tip or even a plastic tip -- the metal can hurt if you're not careful: 5 Pack - 10ml Sterile Syringe with Blunt Tip Needle and Storage Cap for Refilling Cartridges, E-Liquids, E-cigs, E-juice, Vape: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

x-ray peat

I like to do a little massaging of the scalp so the oil will get all over the hair anyways. That isnt necessarily bad as its good for grown out hair too. if you pull your hair flat with one hand you can dab the concoction right on the scalp with the other. or at least thats what I do,

Kibs

Guys does ethanol extend the life of the solution? Trying to make batches that last a while.

Mossy

Guys does ethanol extend the life of the solution? Trying to make batches that last a while.
I'm not certain about ethanol for life span -- I could guess that it would. What I use for life-span is several drops of T-50 Vitamin E Oil, which is a natural preservative, or so I've read. I've also used grapefruit seed extract. Here is some more info on it: Using Preservatives to Extend the Shelf Life of Your Products.

I'll leave it up to the more experienced on this forum to confirm or correct this information.

churchmouth

Ethanol is surely anti-microbial (preservative in that regard) but there might be a certain percentage when this kicks in. The Ethanol can increase the topical absorption of the active components as seen by Haiduts products like Solban, however it can have a drying effect on the skin (negative) for some people.

For long term solutions of aspirin (and possibly other components), there might be some hydrolysis over time, and reducing of the desired molecules. I.e. aspirin tablet left exposed to moisture (such a dissolved) will start to convert to salicylic acid and acetic acid. Salicylic acid can be irritating to the skin in high concentrations, and I am not sure if it carries the beneficial effects shown in the studies where aspirin is taken topically (even though it is the biologically 'active' product of aspirin). This is confusing to me.

Arnold Grape

Has anybody mixed Progest-e into the shampoo and washed their hair that way? It's sort of gooey, but I put a drop in with a small amount of shampoo today and it seemed to spread ok - might start doing that more unless Preg powder is deemed more effective.

franc0

Hi, was just wondering has anyone had much success with their DIY topical solutions, its something I plan to try in the future alongside minoxidil

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals