What Is The Best Prescription Drug For Hyperprolactinemia?

golder

Lisuride has a very low half-life, around 2 hours.
Not sure how effective is for someone who has been found to have 2 tiny adenoma on their pituitary.
Another matter is that the person is highly agitated and stresses out of everything before having this issue, which is highly detrimental to life.

Bromocriptine, Metergoline around 12 hour half life.
Carbergoline is supposed to have a huge half-life, not sure if it matter that much.
The only issue with so called Dopamine agonists is how much they stimulate Serotonin receptors at the same time.
Best way to to temporarily use these dopamine agonists short term whilst blocking the detrimental effects of the seratonin stimulation

OP
K

Kunstruct

This seems a bit less understood by people but dopamine agonists like for example Bromocriptine agonizes Serotonin and Adrenaline receptors too and even Lisuride does this. There are other effects like Glutamate release inhibition.
Bromocriptine - Wikipedia

For example Bromocriptine is also used for treating horses with Cushing syndrome, where Cortisol is constantly high, so it inhibits ACTH to lower Cortisol. For that Cyrptoheptadine is also useful.
Equine Cushing's Syndrome

Not sure how useful would be for someone with very low Cortisol for example. There is no surprise why people have all kind of different feedback after dopamine agonists.

OP
K

Kunstruct

My prolactin feels lower a few days in with lisuride.
But what are your levels?
I see here people going stressed out when they see 13 ng/mL which doctors won't consider hyperprolactinemia, I am talking about people with 100-150 ng/mL

But what are your levels?
I see here people going stressed out when they see 13 ng/mL which doctors won't consider hyperprolactinemia, I am talking about people with 100-150 ng/mL

I do not know. I go by feel. Water retention. Ease of urination. Erection quality.

A.R

This seems a bit less understood by people but dopamine agonists like for example Bromocriptine agonizes Serotonin and Adrenaline receptors too and even Lisuride does this. There are other effects like Glutamate release inhibition.
Bromocriptine - Wikipedia

For example Bromocriptine is also used for treating horses with Cushing syndrome, where Cortisol is constantly high, so it inhibits ACTH to lower Cortisol. For that Cyrptoheptadine is also useful.
Equine Cushing's Syndrome

Not sure how useful would be for someone with very low Cortisol for example. There is no surprise why people have all kind of different feedback after dopamine agonists.
How are you getting on with lowering your Prolactin?

OP
K

Kunstruct

How are you getting on with lowering your Prolactin?

It's not for me, it is for a friend with hyperprolactinemia, who has been found with two tiny pituitary adenoma. Already had high blood prolactin for months before doing the MRI.
So far Cabergoline is what the doctor prescribed.

OP
K

Kunstruct

After 3 weeks on Carbergoline the prolactin has dropped from 85ng/ml (how it was for several moths) to only 1ng/ml.
Estradiol is still super high.

How does the person feel, identical to before taking cabergoline.

golder

After 3 weeks on Carbergoline the prolactin has dropped from 85ng/ml (how it was for several moths) to only 1ng/ml.
Estradiol is still super high.

How does the person feel, identical to before taking cabergoline.

what dosage were you taking? That’s amazing that it’s dropped so much. In fact, has it dropped too much? I wonder if it will stay low after you stop taking cabergoline?

OP
K

Kunstruct

what dosage were you taking? That’s amazing that it’s dropped so much. In fact, has it dropped too much? I wonder if it will stay low after you stop taking cabergoline?
As I was saying it is not me who is taking this.
Dosage was 0.5mg, 2 times per week as the doctor prescribed so far, since the half-life is quite serious on cabergoline.
Maybe the lab did a bad test/result, yet they specified by their own that they double checked it.
Anyway other things are still problematic on serious level and need to be addressed, like the estradiol is in massive value.

I would doubt it will stay low if cabergoline is stopped, there are already 2 tiny adenomas on the pituitary gland shown on the MRI scan.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kunstruct

Based on my recommendation the person started using Metergo from Idealabs.
After a full month and 4 drop topical (2mg) each day, prolactin raised to a massive 50ng/ml.

Either topical drops are not working, either that dose is ineffective, etc, none the less that has been a failure.
Now the person is back on Caber and will do new tests.

guapeat

I have a pituitary adenoma causing elevated prolactine and IGF-1. Metergoline, aspirin, Vit.E and p5p did not lowered it. I am now using cabergoline 0,5 mg 2 x per week, in 2 months I will run labs to see if it worked.

golder

I have a pituitary adenoma causing elevated prolactine and IGF-1. Metergoline, aspirin, Vit.E and p5p did not lowered it. I am now using cabergoline 0,5 mg 2 x per week, in 2 months I will run labs to see if it worked.
Keep us posted! Fingers crossed for you :)

OP
K

Kunstruct

Did you use the same liquid Metergoline topically?

guapeat

Before starting the cabergoline, I did a month of 4 mg (that's 8 drops) liquid metergoline orally daily in the morning. Now while on caber I put 2 mg metergoline on my wrists in the morning. Really the first 2 doses metergoline gave me elevated mood and I could somehow feel the serotonin lowering effect. After that, till now, I don't notice when I am on it.

golder

Before starting the cabergoline, I did a month of 4 mg (that's 8 drops) liquid metergoline orally daily in the morning. Now while on caber I put 2 mg metergoline on my wrists in the morning. Really the first 2 doses metergoline gave me elevated mood and I could somehow feel the serotonin lowering effect. After that, till now, I don't notice when I am on it.
Did you get your labs retested? Really interesting to hear what helped the most with lowering your prolactin.

golder

Based on my recommendation the person started using Metergo from Idealabs.
After a full month and 4 drop topical (2mg) each day, prolactin raised to a massive 50ng/ml.

Either topical drops are not working, either that dose is ineffective, etc, none the less that has been a failure.
Now the person is back on Caber and will do new tests.
Did you also redo the labs you were talking about in this post?

guapeat

Did you get your labs retested? Really interesting to hear what helped the most with lowering your prolactin.
Yes but its a few months ago. All I remeber is that metergoline did not lower my prolactin

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals