What Is The Best Method For Combining Coconut Oil And Activated Charcoal?

TeaRex14

I've read that combining AC with coconut oil provides a greater efficiency for removing endotoxins and bacteria from the intestine. The coconut oil will stay in the gut and won't be adsorbed, making the MCT's antiseptic properties more available for the intestine. I'm wondering if it's best to take the two separately, or to combine the charcoal in a bowl with a couple teaspoons of the coconut oil and then take it. Or does it even matter how it's taken?

OP
T

TeaRex14

Quick update, I just decided to go ahead and mix the charcoal into the coconut oil and then take it. I figured you can't mess up just premixing them before you take it.

Fractality

I use MCT oil since it's already liquid. I recommend being near a bathroom for several hours.

Inaut

is there added benefits to doing the combo? does the charcoal transit any faster?

OP
T

TeaRex14

is there added benefits to doing the combo? does the charcoal transit any faster?
Allegedly yes, apparently the charcoal prevents the coconut oil from being adsorbed, thus allowing caprylic acid to clean out the intestine. As far as transit time I have no idea, I've only seen Peat briefly mention this combo before, and there was no info given on how to combine the two (why I decided to make the thread).

i might try this, I think it's really interesting. I have always thought that combining something like charcoal (or in the old days psyllium) with other compounds could be very helpful.

Fractality

Does anyone know if mixing the AC with MCT oil eliminates the AC's effects? I wonder if it is still advisable to ingest AC separately?

Luckytype

Data point: This usually slows transit time ever so slightly for me.

To change this ill put boiled mushrooms down the tube several hours later. Killer combo

I have done this and found that taking the 2 seperately within the same minute works just as well and is a lot less work and mess to clean up. I found I like the castor oil with activated charcoal best. 1 tablespoon castor oil slurped down, chased with a tablespoon charcoal mixed in 16 ounces of water, add xylitol and limonene and you have something truly powerful.

Dave Clark

I just got some Takesumi, which is carbonized bamboo, and is supposed to be 10 times more absorptive than AC (at least that is what they say). Anyway, it is popular with autoimmune people who want to detox, claiming it will bind up bacteria/fungi better than other powders. I just got some and wanted to try it, I normally take it and then drink my bullet-proof type coffee with coconut oil. Anyone have any experience with Takesumi? Wondering if the effects talked about here on this thread will be amplified.

I just got some Takesumi, which is carbonized bamboo, and is supposed to be 10 times more absorptive than AC (at least that is what they say). Anyway, it is popular with autoimmune people who want to detox, claiming it will bind up bacteria/fungi better than other powders. I just got some and wanted to try it, I normally take it and then drink my bullet-proof type coffee with coconut oil. Anyone have any experience with Takesumi? Wondering if the effects talked about here on this thread will be amplified.

I have used bamboo charcoal before, no different effects than the plain usp mystery source stuff I have also used. All graphite is the same chemical afaik.

I have done this and found that taking the 2 seperately within the same minute works just as well and is a lot less work and mess to clean up. I found I like the castor oil with activated charcoal best. 1 tablespoon castor oil slurped down, chased with a tablespoon charcoal mixed in 16 ounces of water, add xylitol and limonene and you have something truly powerful.

good ideas and thank you for this tip on no need to combine.

Fractality

Data point: This usually slows transit time ever so slightly for me.

To change this ill put boiled mushrooms down the tube several hours later. Killer combo

That's interesting, I experienced the complete opposite; extremely liquid/loose bowel movements. I didn't experience any stomach pain or discomfort though.

Some of the AC/MCT oil mix stuck to the inside of the cup. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm using hardwood powder AC.

tankasnowgod

That's interesting, I experienced the complete opposite; extremely liquid/loose bowel movements. I didn't experience any stomach pain or discomfort though.

Some of the AC/MCT oil mix stuck to the inside of the cup. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm using hardwood powder AC.

I'm guessing the looseness is due to the MCT oil. Charcoal generally slows me down. I noticed when I use it when also using antibiotics (like, same day or week), there is no difference in transit time. Coconut oil seems pretty neutral to transit, at least for me.

Elize

I just take my AC capsule at the same time as my teaspoon of coconut oil. Works best for me.

I took a generous tablespoon of activated charcoal granules, and one of coconut oil. I felt for the next 24 hours like the snake that swallowed the mouse. I could feel that payload moving through my body.

I probably will try again sometime with lower dosages.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals