What is the best cheese to eat?

deeper

You can get the good stuff like Parmigiano-Reggiano for a decent price at costco, but it will be a bigger piece.

Nik665

From a Peat perspective, which is the best? I heard Georgi Dinkov mention that vegetable rennet was bad, but animal rennet was good? Looking through the hundreds of cheeses at the supermarket, I saw some with "rennet" as an ingredient. Also cheese cultures, and enzymes.
if you have time, or a free weekend I would suggest getting a cheese kit and making your own. theres nothing better in my opinion

Citric Acid... is it even safe ?
Lab made synthetic citric acid is not good, and is made from black mold, but from a natural citrus source is good.

Where does citric acid come from?

Back in the day, citric acid was first made from — no surprise — lemon juice 🍋!

But over the past decade or so, fermentation of a black mold called Aspergillus niger, became the new route for its creation as it was deemed more efficient, in terms of both production and cost. This type of citric acid is often referred to as manufactured citric acid (MCA). According to recent research, MCA accounts for about 90% of citric acid production.

Citric acid is found naturally in citrus fruits like lemons, limes, grapefruit and oranges. A vast majority of the citric acid that you see in packaged foods, however, is not from citrus fruit but instead manufactured in bulk through the process described above.”

1701968446863.jpeg

mamakitty

From a Peat perspective, which is the best? I heard Georgi Dinkov mention that vegetable rennet was bad, but animal rennet was good? Looking through the hundreds of cheeses at the supermarket, I saw some with "rennet" as an ingredient. Also cheese cultures, and enzymes.
Gouda from Netherlands and parmigiana regiana
Also, some from the mountains of France and Spain

I see enough rennet cheeses, but they still have starter culture, and not knowing what they are gives me pause…

“Microorganisms used as starter cultures are bacteria, moulds and yeast. Within the group of bacteria, lactic acid bacteria (LAB) are the most representative group, being used in fermentation processes of meat and dairy products [18]. In addition, other bacterial groups such as Gram-positive, catalase-positive cocci, mainly coagulase-negative staphylococci (CNS), and Micrococcaceaeare also used [19,20]. Yeasts are mainly used for the fermentation of alcoholic beverages [21], with wine and beer production being the most representative. Regarding starter moulds, they are used to obtain fermented vegetable products, cheeses and meat products.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals