What Is The Best Calcium Supp After Eggshell And Oyster

sprinter

I'm tired of making eggshell calcium. I want to buy a calcium supplement instead. It seems eggshell is touted as best form of calcium, followed by oyster shell. What would be next in line?

OP
sprinter

sprinter

I looked and couldn't find any. Can you tell me where I can buy it?

OP
sprinter

sprinter

Do you think these products are safe for human consumption? That the manufactures took enough care with the product?

OP
sprinter

sprinter

Hmm, not sure about how I feel about these eggshells made for pets. And I couldn't find anything on Amazon.

Is there a general agreement on the next best type of clean calcium supplement? Or is it egg/oyster shells or bust?

OP
sprinter

sprinter

The only one I see on Amazon are capsules with D3 added. I definitely don't want D3 added and was hoping for powder because capsules are usually more expensive.

tara

Is there a general agreement on the next best type of clean calcium supplement? Or is it egg/oyster shells or bust?
High brix organic leafy greens can be another source of calcium for some people.

LittleMissy

Just an idea...but if you enjoy tea...nettle infusions have alot of calcium. You just buy dried nettle. Add roughly a cup with a quart of water and let it sit for 4-8 hours or more. And then strain. Keeps for a few days in the fridge.
I like to drink mine with lots and lots of gelatin and white sugar and little salt. And it's the best bedtime snack ever. Gets rid of my nightmares and helps me get enough calories in (not sure if thats your thing but just an option) I get my herbs from mountain rose herbs

Dan W

There's also Now Food's calcium carbonate powder that should be a similar composition to eggshells. They told me it's from limestone.

Logan-

There's also Now Food's calcium carbonate powder that should be a similar composition to eggshells. They told me it's from limestone.

Did they tell you anything about checking its heavy metal content?

Logan-

Hi Dave, I would be concerned about its lead content. Still, thanks for sharing.

Dave Clark

Hi Dave, I would be concerned about its lead content. Still, thanks for sharing.
COA says less than 0.8 of lead. I've seen the paranoia of lead on this forum, interestingly, most people have no real clue how much lead they consume in a day via food, which is far more than you will get from supplements. When was the last time you saw a COA on the food you eat everyday? Unless you test for everything you put in your mouth, you have no idea how much lead you are consuming, and hair, blood, and urine tests won't really tell you how much you have since it will dwell in deep tissue. Peat tells people to consume egg shells, does anyone know how much lead is in their eggshells, case in point.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals