What is on your plate?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I just had lunch. But I will go ahead and post my menu for the entire day today. Anyone can feel free to critique it.

Breakfast:
2 eggs from my pastured chickens
1 cup OJ
watermelon
coffee with milk, sugar, gelatin and coconut oil

Lunch:
grass fed beef
2 plantains fried in coconut oil
coke
coffee with sugar, and coconut oil
1 cup of oxtail broth

Dinner:
cod fillets
watermelon
2 cups of OJ

snack before bed:
HD ice cream :mrgreen:

I also have a lot of salt, sugar, some coconut oil thrown in there. Vitamin E, Vitamin A, pregnenolone, B-6, magnesium, niacinamide, and thats about all i can think of right now.

ericrlepine

BREAKFAST has been the same for close to a year now :) With a few adds (fruit of some type usually, sometimes my own gluten-free waffles, since I make them for my son anyways ha ha) but, the basis usually is as follows:

2 cups of milk with salt, in a 500ml Mason jar
1 oz of raw liver; I chase the latter down with the milk; whatever is left of the milk, I then add...
2 TBS of gelatin (non-hydrolyzed)
1TBS of honey
And I refill the 500ml jar with stovetop espresso, usually about a cup and half or so :)

I'll sometimes melt some raw grassfed butter in the coffee...

Yum!

For those who care, that's almost 40g of protein in a very concentrated medium... Lots of good sugars (lactose and fructose) and of course loads of micronutrients from the liver...

When I'm a bit hungrier, like I said, I simply add fruits, usually pitted fruits (cherries, apricots, nectarines or dates), sometimes watermelon, grapes or papaya.

AM SNACK: raw carrot and some coconut oil

LUNCH: Usually 100g plus of parmesan cheese with some OJ/gelatin (hydrolized)/salt

SNACK: Fruit and milk, sometimes a smoothie with OJ, milk, gelatin (hydrolyzed), salt, etc...

SUPPER: If I'm going to have a starch (potatoes, turnips, sprouted corn tortillas, squash or, on rare occasions, white rice), this will be the time for me to have some. Served with raw grassfed butter or, if corn tortillas, I fry those in coconut oil). Then, I add a protein of some sort (lean fish, slow-cooked beef roast, oxtail, pastured chicken, or if I'm feeling lazy, some eggs) and some beef/oxtail broth. A few veggies (summer squash, pepper, tomato, cucumber, etc.) and usually a glass of milk again (with a shot of stovetop espresso if having red meat). Fruit for dessert.

PM SNACK: Homemade strained yogurt with honey and fruit, sometimes with a TBS of gelatin (hydrolyzed)

And, as with Charlie, I get plenty of salt, and supplement with vitamin E (Unique E), vitamin A (topical), magnesium (oil or Epsom baths) and niacinamide.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
GT, this thread was a great idea! It's really cool to see what other people are doing and get some ideas. :clap:

Eric, thanks for posting. I think I might start giving parmesan cheese a shot for a meal. It sure would help cutting down on meal preparations.

milushq

Wow, guys!
It looks like you consume a lot of calories! And I was forced to reduce my calorie intake to 1800 Ckal, otherwise I started to gain weight. So I went from whole milk to 1% milk and only 1 tbs of coconut oil a day. I cut out potatoes and rice, but eat a lot of fruits. My weight slightly going down now, but I still need to lose a few pounds.

Destiny

I've been having the following, am sure I change things up a bit as I go along since I just started about a week ago:

1. 1 cup OJ, 1 TBS coconut oil, 1 TBS gelatin
2. 1 cup coffee with 5 tsp/20g sugar, 1 cup 2% milk
3. Fresh fruits (pineapple, grapes, pear, apple, mango, blue berries), 2 cups 2% milk, 1/4 cup shredded coconut, 1 TBS gelatin
4. 1 cup OJ, 1 cup coffee with 5 tsp/20g sugar, 1 cup 2% milk
5. 1 cup OJ, 1 TBS gelatin
6. raw shredded carrot
7. 8oz potato or sweet potato, onion/zucchini fried in coconut oil, 3 oz chicken breast or 2 oz cheese, sometimes butter, 2 TBS gelatin, 1 cup OJ

After workout 3x week another 2 cups 2% milk, 1 frozen banana (blended)

Averaging 1 quart OJ and 1 1/2 quart milk (or other dairy substitute)

Also about 2 TSP white see salt in 1/2 TSP increments in addition to dinner cooking salt, multi vitamin/mineral, B complex, E, A, C, magnesium.

zightlight

As someone very new to Peat, this thread has been so helpful to me! I hope more people will post what they eat throughout the day.

Thanks!
Ann

huntingBears

What do you eat on a typical Peat day?

Hi, having failed with paleo I've decided to give Peat a go, I struggle with starches and vegetables and have terrible dry skin/hair/dark circles/acne/digestive problems and nothing is helping

But of all the diets/lifestyles I've tried this is the most difficult to figure out

What do you eat in a typical day on a Peat-style diet? I have seen the pdf about typical foods but what does a Peat meal look like?

Cheers

J

j.

Re: What do you eat on a typical Peat day?

huntingBears said:
What do you eat in a typical day on a Peat-style diet? I have seen the pdf about typical foods but what does a Peat meal look like?

Anything that you can make with meats (preferably beef or lamb, cuts high in gelatin), eggs, and if you tolerate them and aren't worried about your weight, potatoes. Cooked vegetables are ok too.

jyb

zightlight said:
As someone very new to Peat, this thread has been so helpful to me! I hope more people will post what they eat throughout the day.

Thanks!
Ann

For a beginner, I really recommend Danny Roddy's sample weekly diet. It must be on his website somewhere.

nwo2012

milushq said:
Wow, guys!
It looks like you consume a lot of calories! And I was forced to reduce my calorie intake to 1800 Ckal, otherwise I started to gain weight. So I went from whole milk to 1% milk and only 1 tbs of coconut oil a day. I cut out potatoes and rice, but eat a lot of fruits. My weight slightly going down now, but I still need to lose a few pounds.

Really? I need a lot more than the previous examples. I need an intake every 1.5 hours maximum.

Tomorrow's menu
1. 2 of my own pastured eggs + 1 rasher rindless bacon (organic/nitrate-free) fried in coconut oil. 250ml 2% milk. 1 cup coffee with milk/1tbsp coconut oil and 6tsp sugar. 200ml OJ.

2. 250ml 2% milk. 250ml OJ. 1 cup coffee with milk/1tbsp coconut oil and 6tsp sugar.

3. Carrot salad + 250ml OJ + 3tbsp syrup

4. 6oz Prawns. 1 cup coffee with milk/1tbsp coconut oil and 6tsp sugar and 7 tsp gelatin (hydrolysed).

5. 250ml 2% milk. 250ml OJ. 1 cup coffee with milk/1tbsp coconut oil and 6tsp sugar.

6. 250g organic cheddar. 330ml Coke (glass bottle)

7. 6oz chicken liver. 1 cup coffee with milk/1tbsp coconut oil and 6tsp sugar.

8. Home-made cookies (butter, masa, sugar). 250ml 2% milk

9. 1 soft-boiled egg. 250ml 2% milk. 250ml OJ.

10. 250ml 2% milk. 250ml OJ.

11. RP ice cream (lot's of bakers chocoloate in this recipe). 250ml 2% milk.

Sometimes I am hungrier. Lots of supplements in there too. (salt, eggshell, niacinamide, DHEA, pregnenolone, Aspirin, K2, Vit E, Vit A, T3 and little NDT).

Edit: This is the reduced milk version. Was around 3 litres but decided to shed a few kg as abs not as visible as I would like. Im very vain (hangover of old bodybuilding days).

gabriel79

Hi, A typical day would be something like:
Breakfast: 1 glass of squeezed OJ, ~200grs of low fat port salut cheese topped with abundant honey, 1 cup of sugared coffee with 1tbsp of gelatin
Mid-morning: Sugared coffee with milk + some gummies
Lunch: Some piece of beef (usually shanks), baked potatoe with butter, fruit in season(grapes, tangerines, watermelon)
Mid afternoon: Same as mid-morning
Early evening (when I arrive from work): 1 egg fried in CO with some fruit
Dinner: Similar to lunch but with a bit more variety (or insert the liver, squid, fish, whatever). Some more fruit with sugared coffe and gelatin
Before bed: Glass of full fat milk and sugar
On top of this, low fat milk in different parts of the day to make about 1 and a half of litter a day