What Is More Important?

pepzorpdorp

What is more important? To eat for increased metabolic rate or to eat all the peaty stuff? Me myself find it quite hard to get warmer with the general peat recomendations. Milk, orange juice and cheese all make me really cold and shivering?

paymanz

What is more important? To eat for increased metabolic rate or to eat all the peaty stuff? Me myself find it quite hard to get warmer with the general peat recomendations. Milk, orange juice and cheese all make me really cold and shivering?
In my opinion eating for heat is the real peaty eating.

Only exception is if its from stress hormones like adrenaline,and to know if its from stress hormones or not at least one indicator is hands warmness.

OP
P

pepzorpdorp

In my opinion eating for heat is the real peaty eating.

Only exception is if its from stress hormones like adrenaline,and to know if its from stress hormones or not at least one indicator is hands warmness.
While you might be right, I find it rather weird. The things that heat me up the most is things like pizza etc. The only peaty thing that I find is heating me up is coconut oil.

OP
P

pepzorpdorp

While you might be right, I find it rather weird. The things that heat me up the most is things like pizza etc. The only peaty thing that I find is heating me up is coconut oil.
Also salt. Fruit makes me cold as heck.

schultz

It could merely be calories. Pizza tends to be a lot more calories than fruit. 2 slices could be upwards of 600 calories. That's like half a watermelon or 3 cantaloupes.

paymanz

That's is old debate of starch vs sugar in this forum!

Because in case of pizza its starch/gluten and the kind of fat they use in cheese and dough,if you replace veg oil they usually use with a good kind of fat , then remaining concern is starch and also gluten.

Ray suggest inner guidance to choice food.

In general he is ok with starch.

He always mentions sugar as superior fuel but also believes in taste guidance and enjoying what you eat(and how you feel after eating them),my guess is that low quality of fruits ,low sugar content and high acids in them is responsible for coldness after eating them.

--------------------
Also i recently read an study on primate diet ,author reported that wild grown fruits are lower on sucrose and higher on glucose , for me that is like a point in starches favor.of curse if the data being legit.

Also starches usually accompanied with carbohydrate and thyroid friendly nutrients like selenium and manganese.

Fruit eating primates also supplement their diet with great amount of leaves ,which are good manganese source.

And btw chimps wadging the fruits and leaves ,drinking the jiuce.

lampofred

I've always considered pizza Peaty. High salt, high ratio of SFA to PUFA because of cheese, high protein because of cheese, balanced macro-nutrient ratios, etc. Of course, the crust usually has soybean oil, but the cheese has much more SFA than the crust has PUFA.

DaveFoster

There's not really a debate. It's whether starch is permissible; no one's arguing that starchy vegetables > fruit.

It's permissible if your digestion is good, but many cannot tolerate it.

OP
P

pepzorpdorp

It could merely be calories. Pizza tends to be a lot more calories than fruit. 2 slices could be upwards of 600 calories. That's like half a watermelon or 3 cantaloupes.
I am certain I eat enough calories though. For the moment I am consuming around 3000 calories a day. I will start a cut in about three weeks and then go down to 1500-1800 kcal so I might be colder then...

paymanz

I've always considered pizza Peaty. High salt, high ratio of SFA to PUFA because of cheese, high protein because of cheese, balanced macro-nutrient ratios, etc. Of course, the crust usually has soybean oil, but the cheese has much more SFA than the crust has PUFA.
Unfortunately some types of commercial pizza cheeses are made with veg oil,soy oil usually.

Brian

More condensed food digests better, because stomach acid and enzymes get more total contact and aren't as diluted. Refined starch plus refined fat plus refined protein is as dense as you can get. In many cases I think that's a legit way to go for at least while trying to improve things like mineral balance. You don't have to use huge amounts of fat but it might also not be so bad either as long as you do some resistance exercise and walking.

You can switch to a more fluid based diet later if you can handle it. Personally I usually prefer a very condensed calorie diet regardless and drink water or juice only when thirsty, but not as food staples, except on days where I sweat a lot.

OP
P

pepzorpdorp

More condensed food digests better, because stomach acid and enzymes get more total contact and aren't as diluted. Refined starch plus refined fat plus refined protein is as dense as you can get. In many cases I think that's a legit way to go for at least while trying to improve things like mineral balance. You don't have to use huge amounts of fat but it might also not be so bad either as long as you do some resistance exercise and walking.

You can switch to a more fluid based diet later if you can handle it. Personally I usually prefer a very condensed calorie diet regardless and drink water or juice only when thirsty, but not as food staples, except on days where I sweat a lot.
What foods do you regulary eat?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals