What Is Best Time To Take Glycine And Taurine

Queequeg

Should I take these with a meal or on an empty stomach; together or separate? One bonus to taurine is its ability to reduce methionine absorption so I would guess I should take that with a protein heavy meal.

mujuro

I'd say with meals. Taurine increases stomach acid production, which might be why it improves protein utilization. Glycine is good to take with muscle meats.

OP
Queequeg

Queequeg

I'd say with meals. Taurine increases stomach acid production, which might be why it improves protein utilization. Glycine is good to take with muscle meats.
Thanks, I didnt realize taurine is good for HCl production too.

Gl;itch.e

I tend to take Taurine more so during the day and Glycine at night. I don't find Taurine to have much effect on sleep whereas Glycine is mildly effective for me.

Agree with taking with meals and especially good with protein heavy/meat meals.

OP
Queequeg

Queequeg

I tend to take Taurine more so during the day and Glycine at night. I don't find Taurine to have much effect on sleep whereas Glycine is mildly effective for me.

Agree with taking with meals and especially good with protein heavy/meat meals.
I take glycine at night as well for the sleep benefits. How much of each are you taking? I take about 4 grams of taurine and 8 grams of glycine (split between 2 doses).

Last edited:

Gl;itch.e

I take glycine at night as well for the sleep benefits. How much of each are you taking? I take about 4 grams of taurine and 8 grams of glycine (split between 2 doses).
Depends. I tend to go on mad benders of "excessive" taurine and then back off when I have hit what I believe to be saturation. At the mo I'm only taking about 1/2 a teaspoon twice a day (so maybe 3-4 grams) but I have done as much as 3-4 teaspoons a day as well. Glycine I tend to go with 1 level teaspoon once at the end of the day.

mujuro

I find I get a similar reaction. If I dose 5-10g glycine, it is fantastically calming for the first few days, and then it just stops. I've no real objective evidence to say so, but I just FEEL like it's not doing anything. However if I cut it back to 1-2g per day, with 1-2g taurine I feel better.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals