What is and what causes homosexuality?

Runenight201

I wonder what womb environment theory says about identical twins having different sexuality ?
Does anyone know where to read scientific studies for free? I thought I recall someone here posting at one point about an archive. I tried unpaywall.org but unfortunately this one's locked up. I need something that akin to jailbreaking.

Just from this abstract, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/B9780128002223000085?via=ihub

It states that sexual orientation concordance is higher in monozygotic twins vs dizygotic twins, which suggests that there may be something in the genome that accounts for sexual orientation.

However, in favor of epigenetic, woman who have congenital adrenal hyperplasia and are exposed to higher levels of testosterone in the womb have much higher rates of nonheterosexual orientation.

The abstract concludes with a hypothetical framework unifying the two views together, but it's locked up behind a damn paywall which I refuse to pay money for.

LuMonty

Does anyone know where to read scientific studies for free? I thought I recall someone here posting at one point about an archive. I tried unpaywall.org but unfortunately this one's locked up. I need something that akin to jailbreaking.

Just from this abstract, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/B9780128002223000085?via=ihub

It states that sexual orientation concordance is higher in monozygotic twins vs dizygotic twins, which suggests that there may be something in the genome that accounts for sexual orientation.

However, in favor of epigenetic, woman who have congenital adrenal hyperplasia and are exposed to higher levels of testosterone in the womb have much higher rates of nonheterosexual orientation.

The abstract concludes with a hypothetical framework unifying the two views together, but it's locked up behind a damn paywall which I refuse to pay money for.
Your sauce, monsieur: the study in quesiton

LuMonty

Thank you!

And also for sharing with me the website I can use to look up any future studies!
You're welcome! Sometimes sci-hub's domain changes and the new one has to be tracked down but it's worth it.

I think it's a spectrum, between gay and straight. It is not uncommon for people to have same-sex attraction, or to have same-sex sex, in their lives. Doesn't mean they are "gay".

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals