What Is An Example Of A High Progesterone Man ?

Orangeyouglad

It's helpful, in a more general sense, because DHT is not at all the cause of hair loss :)

Haha. I kinda realized as I wrote it, as I don't really subscribe to the DHT theory either. So the question is, why is DHT higher in balding men? To reduce estrogen?

mrchibbs

Haha. I kinda realized as I wrote it, as I don't really subscribe to the DHT theory either. So the question is, why is DHT higher in balding men? To reduce estrogen?

I think so. It seems like science has made that mistake often, of seeing a particular substance elevated in a certain pathology and assuming it contributes to the pathology.
For example Taurine can be elevated in some illnesses, but it's more likely adaptative, not part the causation. Same with DHEA, it's higher in stress states, of MPB, and PCOS for instance. No one would argue that DHEA is the cause of stress though (although we should never say never)

It seems that all stress states involve impaired thyroid functioning, which lowers progesterone production, which leaves the way for the progressive estrogenization of all tissues, and in this context, the adaptive measures our bodies seem to be able to do is to ramp up adrenal production of DHEA (adrenals don't seem to be good at producing progesterone for some reason), which probably serves as buffer to prevent cortisol from doing too much damage.

The elevated DHEA up regulates androgens to oppose the estrogen, but also contribute to a variety of ''virilizing'' changes i.e. features and body hair. Downstream from all this is the DHT, which is synthesized in tissues and seems to be present to oppose inflammation, or to assist in process of repair.

Moreover, it's been known since the 1940s that applying estrogen to hair follicle literally stops and prevents growth, and has been confirmed several times. Yet somehow nobody mentions it (except Georgi, Ray, Danny etc.)

Last edited:

mrchibbs

I'm thinking Obama (look at ring/index finger comparison), Curry (the basketball player), etc.

They'd be taller (due to lower estrogen), lighter-skinned (relative to the norm), more like a eunuch..

Steph Curry definitely had the pedomorphic features. Guy looks a bit older now with his beard, but I remember him at Davidson when he was like 20, he looked like he was 8.

SonOfEurope

Not a politician or anything but I've supplemented 30mg daily for over two years (practically every day) my body hair only decreased in the shoulders and back... Central chest got hairier, beard a bit denser.... People tell me I look younger than I am facially.

I've actually gotten bulkier on 30mg p4, was 166lb and up 197lb ATM but been working out hard (and added DHEA with Pregnenolone )

Very deep voice, they always think I'm a black guy on the phone (but was like that before too... ) I would say my hair quality is very good for a 28 year old European male.

Very good libido but no addictions, I used to drink occasionally but haven't felt the need for a drop of beer in maybe s year... I natural crave sugars more than fats than before.

But it's supplement.... I was not a high progesterone dude in my teens or early 20s so I'm a vague example.

Very altruistic I've always been.... And not aggressive but I can be s bit of a hothead sometimes, p4 hasn't affected this, better focus and ability to socialize than before.

SonOfEurope

BTW, it's divided into 15mg morning/Evening. Usually crave and take a nap after Work and lunch, it's very anabolic so long as you don't take over 100mg and tank testosterone.

Has anyone else done p4 for OVER two years in the 20/30mg range? I cannot be the only one, there have to be better examples than me.

Jsaute21

BTW, it's divided into 15mg morning/Evening. Usually crave and take a nap after Work and lunch, it's very anabolic so long as you don't take over 100mg and tank testosterone.

Has anyone else done p4 for OVER two years in the 20/30mg range? I cannot be the only one, there have to be better examples than me.
What brand if you don’t mind me asking?

Hans

Forum Supporter
The real question is, what is the source or evidence for this claim in the first place?

And higher as compared to what? Men with a full head of hair? Women? Rabbits?
Correct. Balding men having higher DHT is not true because that implies that 100% of balding people have high DHT. However research found that some that bald and some that don't have elevated DHT and some have normal DHT. And circulating DHT doesn't even correlate with hair loss. This was shown in many studies where men were given high dose DHT for even up to 2 years and not even one reported side effects such as balding.

JenLN

Based on my experience with progesterone, I would say high progesterone makes you fat, hungry, and libido-less

In regards to personality, consider that progesterone raises MAO activity, which lowers brain serotonin.

Ignoramus

This is the kind of person I think of as having high prog:
tenor.gif

Perfect hairline, great skin, youthful appearance, tall, neurotypical tastes, extremely high energy/metabolism, incredible self-esteem, negative emotion is expressed as anger instead of sadness, 'ADD', lives on sugar, very driven, very moral, charismatic, seems to be in a constant state of euphoria.

Video of his behaviour:

Last edited:

MatheusPN

tenor.gif

Perfect hairline, great skin, youthful appearance, tall, neurotypical tastes, extremely high energy/metabolism, incredible self-esteem, negative emotion is expressed as anger instead of sadness, 'ADD', lives on sugar, very driven, very moral, charismatic, seems to be in a constant state of euphoria.

Video of his behaviour:

Well, another post with weird/ puzzling content. A healthy adult male, with high/ optimal progesterone, would have a decent and robust muscle and bone mass.
Agitation is a very adrenergical characteristic...

Last edited:

Ableton

Wouldn’t it make more sense to observe behavioural changes in someone who takes prog rather than blind guessing, which is basically just a way of saying I WANT prog to be this way, because I like this person and I like progesterone, because either I think I am high prog myself or because of peat

Ableton

Steph Curry definitely had the pedomorphic features. Guy looks a bit older now with his beard, but I remember him at Davidson when he was like 20, he looked like he was 8.
Curry has a quite high hairline for his race and nba standards (environment and upbringing). Shouldn’t that automatically dismiss him as high Prog?

Ableton

tenor.gif

Video of his behaviour:

i think xqc is just hyperthyroid, or close to it

opethfeldt

I think Ashton Kutcher is probably the poster boy for high progesterone. But young Justin Bieber probably also had high progesterone. It's about the ratio of the other hormones. I don't think there's any one "high progesterone" male phenotype.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals