What Is An Example Of A High Progesterone Man ?

mrchibbs

What men in the media or politics represent this ? How do they act ?

I'm not sure about providing examples. But here are the characteristics I perceive:

They're calm, creative, confident and altruistic. They typically have beard and great hair, but not a lot of body hair. They have pedomorphic i.e. youthful traits in older age.

They're not: aggressive or seeking to dominate others, or especially bulky or very hairy.

If you want a stereotypical example: Brad Pitt, especially these days at 56-57, his physiology, attitude and energy are really quite striking.

Last edited:

redsun

I'm not sure about providing examples. But here are the characteristics I perceive:

They're calm, creative, confident and altruistic. They typically have beard and great hair, but not a lot of body hair. They have pedomorphic i.e. youthful traits in older age.

They're not: aggressive or seeking to dominate others, or especially bulky or very hairy.

If you want a stereotypical example: Brad Pitt.

Generally agree here. But OP is saying HIGH, meaning its higher than normal. Beard would be very thin, underdeveloped, grows slowly. Many famous actors/celebritis have weak beard growth. High histamine (which many actors are by nature) coincides with weak body hair and facial hair growth.

What you describe would describe good progesterone levels, not high.

Screenshot_20200511-171855_Drive.jpg

mrchibbs

Generally agree here. But OP is saying HIGH, meaning its higher than normal. Beard would be very thin, underdeveloped, grows slowly. Many famous actors/celebritis have weak beard growth. High histamine (which many actors are by nature) coincides with weak body hair and facial hair growth.

View attachment 17853

I don't necessarily agree. I don't think progesterone is feminizing in a proper context.
In fact it can increase 5-alpha-reductase and in turn DHT.

I think it operates on a very general biological level and is context-dependent, and
is reflected in men in the manner that I describe. I interpreted OP's question
as referring to men with higher than average progesterone levels, and I think the 'average'
levels are quite low.

Of course men never reach the peak of progesterone women of reproductive age achieve during their cycle,
but healthy males can have just as much as most women, if not more after 50,
when menopause levels the playing field.

This is my interpretation based on a lot of reading. I could be wrong.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

I don't necessarily agree. I don't think progesterone is feminizing in a proper context.
In fact it can increase 5-alpha-reductase and in turn DHT.

I think it operates on a very general biological level and is context-dependent, and
is reflected in men in the manner that I describe. I interpreted OP's question
as referring to men with higher than average progesterone levels, and I think the 'average'
levels are quite low.

Of course men never reach the peak of progesterone women of reproductive age achieve during their cycle,
but healthy males can have just as much as most women, if not more after 50,
when menopause levels the playing field.

This is my interpretation based on a lot of reading. I could be wrong.

the politician david miliband

he is 54, looks very young, very calm and relaxed way of speaking,

watch his youtube videos and see what you think

mrchibbs

the politician david miliband

he is 54, looks very young, very calm and relaxed way of speaking,

watch his youtube videos and see what you think

Yeah totally. Just watched an interview of his.

Cool, calm, confident, youthful features and almost prepubescent hair line.

Solid stubble growth indicating strong beard especially around pinch and moustache, much like Brad Pitt.

Cillian Murphy is another example that comes to mind. Liam Neeson too.

sun-maid

View attachment 17853

Can I get a copy of that text you have. Looks interesting.

mrchibbs

Ah Carl Pfeiffer. I was really into orthomolecular medicine 3-4 years ago.
I was blown away by his book on ''Mental and Elemental Nutrients''.

I think Ray was really interesting in the leaders of that field in the 70s, and he has managed to fill in the gaps of what they were trying to achieve with the large doses of nutrients.

redsun

Would high histamine be a good thing ?

Normal histamine or even slightly elevated histamine is desirable imo. But even though true high histamine has a lot of benefits, it has many cons as well. You couldnt even make yourself high histamine naturally that easily.

Its generally a genetic thing that people are born with but I am looking into connections with it and see how it actually goes because I dont believe in genes to such a severe degree. There seems to be a connection between PGE1 and histamine that I have been looking into as of late. I am an exact case of this actually from birth which is great to see something that describes you and makes sense of who you are so well. And it was great in many ways and hell in others.

Hell part being insane allergic reactions and histamine problems like stuffy nose, mucus, extreme mood swings getting me into trouble, OCD, depression to name a few. So its definitely not all good.

MatheusPN

About beards, race/ genetics/ IDK is very crucial in how much beard someone has/ hasn't
And some old women have a thick and full goatee

baccheion

I'm thinking Obama (look at ring/index finger comparison), Curry (the basketball player), etc.

They'd be taller (due to lower estrogen), lighter-skinned (relative to the norm), more like a eunuch..

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you have a source? I thought it downregulates 5ar.

It does not downregulate it. This is a myth spread by the medical industry in the attempt to sell progestins for treating hair loss. What progesterone does is compete for access to 5-AR with other substrates such as androstenedione and testosterone, and it has higher affinity for the enzyme compared to those other substrates. So, if used in high doses it may result in more allopregnanolone formation and less DHT being formed but this only happens if very high doses are used. In physiological doses progesterone does not reduce DHT and in fact may even raise it through the so-called "backdoor" pathway (5a-DHP->allopregnanolone->androsterone->DHT).
Androsterone May Be The Main Source Of DHT, Drives Fetal Masculinization

mrchibbs

It does not downregulate it. This is a myth spread by the medical industry in the attempt to sell progestins for treating hair loss. What progesterone does is compete for access to 5-AR with other substrates such as androstenedione and testosterone, and it has higher affinity for the enzyme compared to those other substrates. So, if used in high doses it may result in more allopregnanolone formation and less DHT being formed but this only happens if very high doses are used. In physiological doses progesterone does not reduce DHT and in fact may even raise it through the so-called "backdoor" pathway (5a-DHP->allopregnanolone->androsterone->DHT).

Thanks for chiming in Georgi!

Orangeyouglad

Good info, thanks. We've talked about how Finasteride and Progesterone have similar makeup or actions, right? Are we saying that progesterone is not actually helpful for MPB then? Or would it have to be used in a higher dosage in order to treat hairloss?

Thanks for chiming in Georgi!

Second. This is very helpful info.

mrchibbs

Good info, thanks. We've talked about how Finasteride and Progesterone have similar makeup or actions, right? Are we saying that progesterone is not actually helpful for MPB then? Or would it have to be used in a higher dosage in order to treat hairloss?
Second. This is very helpful info.

It's helpful, in a more general sense, because DHT is not at all the cause of hair loss :)