What is 2 grains in tyromix?

OP
forterpride

forterpride

sorry to jump in here... Ive been messing w tyromix also... I was trying to raising temp and pulse. And improve my general energy levels I guess.
I started w 1 drop.. and then through the last few months, ended up doing 16 (4 drops x4/day). my temp and pulse never raised actually. I did end up getting a flared up temp and pulse for about a week: my temp shot up to 101 and pulse peaked also around 90... then both slowly dropped to 98.6 for 2 days... then dropped all the way down to what I usually have which is around 97.2.

for a few days I started taking 24 drops, then decided Im crazy and dont know what im doing so I'm planning to do a maintenance dose at 12/day (4drops 3xday).
I have no idea what Im doing w this stuff.

I wanted to see if I could raise my pulse temp but doesnt seem like they want to go up.

Thoughts? suggestions? thanks!

side note, as of last few days my digestion is very slow and no appetite.

also taking idealabs: K, mag, and MB
“I have no idea what I’m doing with this stuff”

I feel you bro. I’m just gonna stick with what Broda Barnes gave his patients which would be 12 drops a day equivalent. (4x3 a day in my case). Maybe tag Haidut and hope he responds to your post. Wish I could help more.

OP
forterpride

forterpride

sorry to jump in here... Ive been messing w tyromix also... I was trying to raising temp and pulse. And improve my general energy levels I guess.
I started w 1 drop.. and then through the last few months, ended up doing 16 (4 drops x4/day). my temp and pulse never raised actually. I did end up getting a flared up temp and pulse for about a week: my temp shot up to 101 and pulse peaked also around 90... then both slowly dropped to 98.6 for 2 days... then dropped all the way down to what I usually have which is around 97.2.

for a few days I started taking 24 drops, then decided Im crazy and dont know what im doing so I'm planning to do a maintenance dose at 12/day (4drops 3xday).
I have no idea what Im doing w this stuff.

I wanted to see if I could raise my pulse temp but doesnt seem like they want to go up.

Thoughts? suggestions? thanks!

side note, as of last few days my digestion is very slow and no appetite.

also taking idealabs: K, mag, and MB
Try topically. Supposedly works much better that way. I just rub it into by forearms.

OP
forterpride

forterpride

Approx. 12 drops. But I wouldn't take that as a single dose since that would be 36 mcg T3 at once.

1 grain is approx. equal to 100-112 mcg T4, depending on the source. You have to multiply T3 by 4 to get T4.

1 drop contains 3 mcg T3, so 4 x 3 mcg T3 = 12 mcg T4. It also contains 6 mcg T4, 12 + 6 = 18 mcg T4 per drop.

100-112 mcg T4 per grain divided by 18 mcg T4 per drop = 5,56 - 6,2 drops for 1 grain.

So it's about 11-12 drops.
Hi Shine. I wrote Danny and he said one grain was approximately 40mcgT4 and 10mcg T3. That’s way lower than the numbers you posted. Any way we can get a source somewhere on this? Just trying to figure these calculations out. You’re help is greatly appreciated.

shine

Hi Shine. I wrote Danny and he said one grain was approximately 40mcgT4 and 10mcg T3. That’s way lower than the numbers you posted. Any way we can get a source somewhere on this? Just trying to figure these calculations out. You’re help is greatly appreciated.

Those numbers are also the numbers that I use, I found them on several german sites.
The rule of thumb is that 1 grain NDT is approx. 100 mcg synthetic T4.
100 mcg T4 is usually considered to have the same activity as 25 mcg T3. Which means T3 has to be multiplied by 4 to get the equivalent amount of T4.
Which then would mean the 10mcg T3 in 1 grain NDT have to be multiplied by 4 = 40 mcg T4.
This would calculate to 40 + 40 mcg T4 = 80 mcg T4 in 1 grain NDT.
Considering that not all the synthetic T4 that you take will be converted to T3 (some of it will be converted to rT3), I think it is safe to say that 100 mcg synthetic T4 is equivalent in thyroid hormone activity to the "80 mcg T4" in 1 grain NDT.

When companies first started to produce NDT they would try a certain batch on animals to see what activity it had in relation to a dose of synthetic T4. The NDT, even though containing less thyroid hormones, had an activity comparable to a higher dose of T4. This is probably why these companies say that 80 mcg contained in NDT is equivalent to 100 mcg synthetic T4. It's just more potent because less gets converted to rT3.

This would also mean that 1 grain of NDT/100mcg synthetic T4 is closer to 4,5 - 5 drops of Tyronene than to 6. Just because Tyromix is more potent because less needs to be converted to T3 and less gets converted to rT3. Something I had not considered before.

OP
forterpride

forterpride

Those numbers are also the numbers that I use, I found them on several german sites.
The rule of thumb is that 1 grain NDT is approx. 100 mcg synthetic T4.
100 mcg T4 is usually considered to have the same activity as 25 mcg T3. Which means T3 has to be multiplied by 4 to get the equivalent amount of T4.
Which then would mean the 10mcg T3 in 1 grain NDT have to be multiplied by 4 = 40 mcg T4.
This would calculate to 40 + 40 mcg T4 = 80 mcg T4 in 1 grain NDT.
Considering that not all the synthetic T4 that you take will be converted to T3 (some of it will be converted to rT3), I think it is safe to say that 100 mcg synthetic T4 is equivalent in thyroid hormone activity to the "80 mcg T4" in 1 grain NDT.

When companies first started to produce NDT they would try a certain batch on animals to see what activity it had in relation to a dose of synthetic T4. The NDT, even though containing less thyroid hormones, had an activity comparable to a higher dose of T4. This is probably why these companies say that 80 mcg contained in NDT is equivalent to 100 mcg synthetic T4. It's just more potent because less gets converted to rT3.

This would also mean that 1 grain of NDT/100mcg synthetic T4 is closer to 4,5 - 5 drops of Tyronene than to 6. Just because Tyromix is more potent because less needs to be converted to T3 and less gets converted to rT3. Something I had not considered before.

Got it. Thanks so much Shine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals