What Influence On Health Can A Bad Posture Have?

tara

If you're looking to get a large amount of magnesium without drinking a lot of water, you can't use soda water. There is a limited amount of carbon dioxide in soda water, and it is the limit to which magnesium hydroxide will react to produce magnesium bicarbonate. With a carbonator, you can keep on adding carbon dioxide to enable more magnesium bicarbonate to be produced.
I agree it has limitations. You're method looks more suitable if you are wanting regular large doses.
If you only want small doses, or if you want to try it out on a small scale before investing in more equipment, the bottle method seems a reasonable option. I've seen recommendations that suggest drinking it quite dilute - more dilute than can be attained by the method I described.

yerrag

I agree it has limitations. You're method looks more suitable if you are wanting regular large doses.
If you only want small doses, or if you want to try it out on a small scale before investing in more equipment, the bottle method seems a reasonable option. I've seen recommendations that suggest drinking it quite dilute - more dilute than can be attained by the method I described.

I spoke too soon. Checking a previous thread I was in, I realized I was able to get 7.24g of magnesium hydroxide to totally react and produce mag bicarb in a 2 liter Coke bottle. This way, I'll be able to get 3000mg of elemental magnesium per 2 liters, or 1500mg/liter. I haven't tried this on plain commercially bought carbonated water, but I assume it would be the same.

It turns out that you could use soda water to produce high enough concentrations of magnesium bicarbonate. It won't be able to get the concentration to go as high as 8000mg/liter, but it will be more than enough to be practical, with no need to drink too much water. I think it comes down to a matter of avalability of carbonated water, and to cost.

If I were to use commercial bought carbonated water for 6 months of therapy of 800mg elemental mag per day, it would come out to :

(800mg x 6 months x 30 days)/(1500mg/liter) = 96 liters; at $1.50/liter, cost of carbonated water for 6 months = $144

The amount of magnesium hydroxide = (7.24/3)(800x6x30) = 350,000mg = 350g x $20 (Amazon)/500g = $14

Total cost is around $160, which is really reasonable.

It cost me about $180 for my carbonation setup (which would be cheaper if you were in the US), and my other consumable is the the food grade carbon dioxide, which is negligible, at $5 per refill of 20 lbs, which would last much more than 18 months for the intended daily dosage.

I had to still opt for making my own, and it's because the only available carbonated water is in aluminum cans, and I would be losing carbonation each time I transfer to a PET bottle.

But yes, Tara, you are absolutely correct to suggest using soda water (better if it's carbonated than Coke, and if Coke better if it's made with cane sugar than with HFCS, but still watch the ingredients as Pepsi puts sucralose and aspartame as well) to make magnesium bicarbonate.

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

Jesus christ there you have it. I swear on my mothers grave if you start taking copper you will feel a lot of improvements. The copper toxicity is a myth. Your body has a mechanism of excreating extra intake through your bile. Toxicity is for people with hereditary genetic diseases causing your body not to produce ceruloplasmin. upper safe dosage is 10mg per day. I've done 16mg a day with no problem only seeing benefits since to was also copper deficient at one point. Buy a chelated copper supplement like copper glycinate and start taking 4mg a day with food to avoid nausea and you'll see within a month you're aches will be gone. You probably notice improvements after first dose.
Do yourself the favor
Unfortunately nothing is gone after six months and my levels are still low

Tom K

Wow! I never expected to read so much nonsense and bravado on this for forum, especially from those empty barrels that proclaim, "Life is not fair."
While life may not be fair, remaining passive with a condition we had no control of is the way of a sheep. Reaching out and seeking help is a sign of strength, so do not allow Mr. Macho neanderthals to dissuade you from seeking solutions. I cannot imagine telling a cerebral palsy patient the 'Life ain't fair. You cannot sit up in a chair. Deal with it."

Many postural problems can begin in the womb. Especially if a large birth weight occurs to a woman. There is decreased space for an 11 pound fetus in a five foot women. There are structural, muscular and neurological components to posture. Altering posture is not a passive process that will be solved with nutrients.
A more specific diagnosis would be helpful for suggesting interventions: head forward posture, thoracic kyphosis, scoliosis, erc. Both corrective exercise, stretching, and employing positive feedback will be required. Example: do you slouch when seated, a common phenomenon for those that use technology. A simple inexpensive tool to correct this tendency is to place a tennis ball between the upper back (between the scapula) and the chair. If you begin to slouch, the tennis ball falls. I have employed this simple approach with ma ny patients to resolve the flexed seated 'slouch' posture. Give me more information and I will advise accordingly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals