What If I Ate Only Truly Pastured Organic Raw Egg Yolks?

baccheion

36-48 yolks per day. 5% carb, 20% protein, and 75% fat.

Maybe would add some electrolyte water.

Vinny

Nebula

You’d waste money and have a boring gross diet. The 3 dozen eggs per day bodybuilder meme is overkill. A dozen would already provide more cholesterol than you could possibly metabolize. Excess dietary cholesterol is worthless without the thyroid levels and energy to use it. You’d get more benefit from even just four raw egg yolks while getting abundant carbs and other whole foods like milk, meat, liver, oysters, fruit and starch you digest well.

OP
B

baccheion

Yeah, why?
Androgenic effects? Vince Gironde's stuff?
Laziness, low appetite, no cooking, etc..
You’d waste money and have a boring gross diet. The 3 dozen eggs per day bodybuilder meme is overkill. A dozen would already provide more cholesterol than you could possibly metabolize. Excess dietary cholesterol is worthless without the thyroid levels and energy to use it. You’d get more benefit from even just four raw egg yolks while getting abundant carbs and other whole foods like milk, meat, liver, oysters, fruit and starch you digest well.
That many eggs provide the TUL of iodine. There was one study on an older male that showed cholesterol absorption is eventually lowered to compensate.

Any worries about lipid peroxidation? Apparently, the high amount of selenium prevents it before it even happening. Then there's the reactive response with the present vitamin E, carotenoids, etc. Would the cholesterol further be protective? Would this all explode as I'm apoE 4/3?

OP
B

baccheion

You forget the upside of being featured across the tabloids and ad farms of the internet: "This Guy Ate 36+ Eggs A Day For 3 Months"
Gironda ate the whole egg and added steak/meat. The whites tend to cause problems. Makes sense when it's realized they mainly serve as protection for the developing embryo.

From looking at the content of (pastured organic) eggs, there seems to be many protections against PUFA/lipid peroxidation. For example, selenium's preemptive effects.

Seems to be mainly missing vitamin C and alkalizing electrolytes (sodium, magnesium, potassium, and calcium). I wonder if need for added electrolytes diminishes with time, leaving just vitamin C.

lampofred

Low blood sugar and a severely worsened calcium:salt ratio leading to kidney issues come to mind as potential issues.

OP
B

baccheion

Low blood sugar and a severely worsened calcium:salt ratio leading to kidney issues come to mind as potential issues.
Would the eggs somehow block the shift to ketosis? I was planning on adding electrolytes (sodium, magnesium, and potassium) in typical keto fashion.

T

TheBeard

As much as I love the idea of whole raw eggs, natures's energy bar in a shell, they make me depressed.
I hate the feeling after drinking 4 raw eggs.
Low energy.

OP
B

baccheion

What did you settle on doing?
Still looking into a variety of options.
As much as I love the idea of whole raw eggs, natures's energy bar in a shell, they make me depressed.
I hate the feeling after drinking 4 raw eggs.
Low energy.
Did you eat just the yolks? The approach I mention here would involve first/always being in ketosis.

They produce very intense hypoglycemia if you don’t eat a lot of sugar first.
Are you saying this still happens when they are the only thing in the diet (ie, in ketosis)?

Did you eat just the yolks? The approach I mention here would involve first/always being in ketosis.

Are you saying this still happens when they are the only thing in the diet (ie, in ketosis)?

No I'm not saying that. I avoid ketosis.

T

TheBeard

I've had them after prolonged fasts, while on strict carnivore diet, same reaction.

But no, never just the yolk, always with the white as well.