What I Learned About Frequent Severe Headaches Recently

I won't bore you with my history. 25 years of left-temple headaches. What distracted me was that working out and experiencing muscle soreness could bring the headaches on.

Aspirin works, sort of.

Well, I found that these cause me to get a bad headache that can last for days:

carrot salad
well cooked mushrooms
bamboo shoots
psyillium fiber
mutaflor e. coli probiotic

So eliminating (ha! Pun!) these, and avoiding foods that can "scratch and/or irritate" the gut wall -- makes my headaches much less common now.

It's amazing how much better they are now.

Just FYI in case you want to learn from what I've gone through.

Gone Peating

I get a headache if I eat the carrot salad alone, but if I drink a glass of OJ with it I do not. The body is a strange thing

Interesting topic. Thanks for posting your observations.

At least three items in your list have antibacterial properties. Have you ruled out the possibility that some of your headaches arise from "die off" of bacteria? Do you ever get headaches from antibiotics like penicillin or the tetracyclines?

OP
ecstatichamster
Interesting topic. Thanks for posting your observations.

At least three items in your list have antibacterial properties. Have you ruled out the possibility that some of your headaches arise from "die off" of bacteria? Do you ever get headaches from antibiotics like penicillin or the tetracyclines?

no I don’t. So I don’t think it’s die off. Good thought though. Thank you.

burtlancast

Have you tried high dose riboflavin ?

It's the only thing proved up to now to decrease the frequency and severity of headaches.

Vinny

I won't bore you with my history. 25 years of left-temple headaches. What distracted me was that working out and experiencing muscle soreness could bring the headaches on.

Aspirin works, sort of.

carrot salad
well cooked mushrooms
bamboo shoots
psyillium fiber

So eliminating (ha! Pun!) these, and avoiding foods that can "scratch and/or irritate" the gut wall -- makes my headaches much less common now.

I think your personal observations on headache you just shared can be very useful for many folks, if they get the essence of it.

nikotrope

I have been having recurring headaches for a few years, it got really bad a few months ago.

Same thing than you, anything irritating my digestive tract is going to cause headaches: oats, potatoes, beans, fruits (and juice; anything with sugar or fructose), some veggies, etc. Sometimes milk too.

It was a dehydration issue and drinking more water and broths works very well. For food, I'm stuck with rice, fat, and meat. After a month without any sugar, I tried again and got a headache in just a few hours.

Quelsatron

I used to get 2~ yearly migraine attacks which were preceded by visual auras, but they vanished around the time I started drinking coffee. I had one final aura three years ago, and I drank a cup of coffee which quickly made it go away with no migraine. Not really related to this thread though as I'm sure everyone here drinks coffee and it's another kind of headache from migraine.

Aspirin works, sort of.

carrot salad
well cooked mushrooms
bamboo shoots
psyillium fiber

..Also sensitivity to countless, and in their synergies badly described Plantpoisons.

I have been having recurring headaches for a few years, it got really bad a few months ago.

Same thing than you, anything irritating my digestive tract is going to cause headaches: oats, potatoes, beans, fruits (and juice; anything with sugar or fructose), some veggies, etc. Sometimes milk too.

It was a dehydration issue and drinking more water and broths works very well. For food, I'm stuck with rice, fat, and meat. After a month without any sugar, I tried again and got a headache in just a few hours.

..almost all have Linoleic Acid dominance in common,which is debated as cause for chronic Headache.That is why Aspirin works:decreasing the effects of too high saturation of membranes with Arachidonic Acid,an LA-postcursor.

and indeed,ketosis brings very sustained energylevels to the brain,thats why it is helpful in epilepsy.

docall18

I get headaches from niacinamide, raw carrot, charcoal etc. I also notice I get very clear HD vision from these, which for me is a low serotonin symptom.

So i think a lot of these things are lowering serotonin and lowering blood sugar also. The only thing is that 500mg of niacinamide can cause a headache, an hour or two, after even after a big meal. So maybe my liver isnt storing glycogen very well.

GMT100

i get headadches from niacinamide too but also notice the vision concentration beneits at lower doses so it is hit or miss for me. Recently the carrot salad started slowing my transit time so i switched too bamboo. I rotation is very important for the non fermentables.

Back
Top Bottom