What I Eat

Mito

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2018/06/22/what-i-eat/

“I typically consume 3500 to 5000 Calories per day, depending on my activity level (I hit 5000 when I stack Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and strength training into the same day). Because I eat a lot of cooked and cooled starches, my diet is high in resistant starch, which is starch that goes undigested until it reaches the colon where it feeds the gut microbiome. My diet is also almost exclusively whole foods, which require twice as much energy to digest as processed foods.”
70EDBE4F-5129-400B-B77E-B5A1655E5F30.jpeg

126B3DCF-471F-4ADC-B0B4-A94A41324596.jpeg

138CBE0E-7676-498A-95EE-1D8442B850A6.jpeg

Last edited:

ilikecats

"Last year, I hired someone to do a variety of work for me that includes making me fresh juice every morning, preparing my starches, vegetables, and soft boiled eggs in large batches, and cooking meat for the day in the morning. This has made it far easier for me to rely less on convenience foods and to incorporate more vegetables into my diet." the poor man's *rich* ray peat

OP
Mito

Mito

Iron, starch and PUFA r wack bra
It’s interesting he eats that much iron because he has hemochromatosis. But since he knows about that problem, he regularly gives blood so maybe that’s why he’s not concerned about it?

Wagner83

10 grams omega 6, why so much love for lentils and what are those damn cookies which add 1000 calories? I'm considering adding salmon back in my diet, I had always liked it and it doesn't sound like omega 3 are that bad.

L

lollipop

"Last year, I hired someone to do a variety of work for me that includes making me fresh juice every morning, preparing my starches, vegetables, and soft boiled eggs in large batches, and cooking meat for the day in the morning. This has made it far easier for me to rely less on convenience foods and to incorporate more vegetables into my diet."
Love it! I have this as a goal especially if my life keeps getting busier and busier. Do the math. Not that much additional cost compared to eating out somewhere all your meals, juices, smoothies, coffees, etc. That is cost prohibitive. My husband and I have been driving tons of day turnaround trips between Dallas and Austin leaving at 6:00am and home by 8:00pm. The cost just to keep us fairly nourished between decent restaurants for meals/meetings and then Starbucks to handle coffee/juice needs is almost twice the gas to drive the trip. Craziness...for the same money I could hire someone day before for a few hours even at a high rate of $20 to prepare snacks food and smoothie for our day trip and spend waaaaay less. Seriously. Now truth is I can’t afford now on a regular basis, but great idea and a goal of mine.

OP
Mito

Mito

10 grams omega 6, why so much love for lentils and what are those damn cookies which add 1000 calories? I'm considering adding salmon back in my diet, I had always liked it and it doesn't sound like omega 3 are that bad.
I was curious about the lentils too so I plugged 450 grams into Cronometer. Pretty decent nutritional profile.
A1FC261E-7977-4875-83D3-B5A8FE6C0BA8.jpeg

66E882AA-B9E7-4552-9488-252531ACFB79.jpeg

34663737-71F3-42D0-8A0B-A9D0D602593D.jpeg

6D195C6D-A806-4590-83BC-340A5703B1E1.jpeg

T

tca300

It’s interesting he eats that much iron because he has hemochromatosis. But since he knows about that problem, he regularly gives blood so maybe that’s why he’s not concerned about it?
Ya, I think you are right, at ~200mg loss per donation, which can be done 4 times per year, thats a bunch of iron removed. Also he mostly gets it from plants, which is less of an issue.

Wagner83

Kartoffel

Omega 3 are awesome, if you are aiming for diabetes, alzheimers, and prostate cancer.

Dietary omega-3 fatty acids and fish consumption and risk of type 2 diabetes
Am J Clin Nutr. 2011 Jan; 93(1): 143–150.
Published online 2010 Oct 27. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.110.005603

Luc Djoussé,corresponding author J Michael Gaziano, Julie E Buring, and I-Min Lee

Background: Although dietary omega-3 (n−3) fatty acids may confer some cardiovascular benefits, it is unclear whether these nutrients may also unfavorably affect risk of type 2 diabetes (T2D).

Objective: We evaluated whether dietary omega-3 fatty acids and fish consumption were associated with increased risk of T2D.

Design: This was a prospective study of 36,328 women (mean age: 54.6 y) who participated in the Women's Health Study and who were followed from 1992 to 2008. Incident T2D was self-reported and validated primarily through the collection of supplementary information from participants. Information on omega-3 and fish intakes was obtained by using a validated food-frequency questionnaire. We used Cox proportional hazard models to estimate adjusted relative risks.

Results: During an average follow-up of 12.4 y, 2370 women developed T2D. Marine but not plant-based omega-3 fatty acids were positively associated with incident T2D. From the lowest to highest quintiles of marine omega-3 intake, the multivariable-adjusted hazard ratios (95% CIs) for T2D were 1.0 (referent), 1.17 (1.03, 1.33), 1.20 (1.05, 1.38), 1.46 (1.28, 1.66), and 1.44 (1.25, 1.65), respectively (P for trend < 0.0001). A similar association was observed with fish intake, but additional adjustment for docosahexaenoic acid led to the elimination of the association. The relation between marine omega-3 fatty acids and T2D was observed in hypertensive and nonhypertensive subjects and in women who reported infrequent fish consumption.

Conclusion: Our data suggest an increased risk of T2D with the intake of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, especially with higher intakes (≥0.20 g omega-3/d or ≥2 servings of fish/d).

InChristAlone

I know the lady he hired. It's his best friend and she lives with him. If you go to his Instagram story right now she is the blond standing behind the photographer. You can tell she influenced his diet because she loves legumes and plant foods for losing weight because as Chris said, they take more energy to digest!

Last edited:

Hazarlar

I soaked green lentils for 24 hours last time I ate them. It should make nutrients even more available. No stomach discomfort and can carry lot of salt. But I don't want to eat them more than once a week.

InChristAlone

dfspcc20

Now if only he could regrow his hairline...

Nighteyes

Mito are you actually Chris Masterjohn and trying to secretly tell us? ... Also, if not then what do you eat?

morgan#1

Oh brother, no glasses. And the blonde? Instagram, fb; all horrible.

Don’t mind me. Took my cat to the vet, $300 for a complete blood count. Found out this morning that his protein is a little low and his glucose is a little high. He has 2 cavities, that’ll be $1000. And they want me to do a urine and stool ($100). And I found out on pedmd that cats glucose can fluctuate. I asked the doc if the dental infection could result in his glucose being a little high. She said no, and then I found through pedmd that it could be caused by dental. Trust myself

Anyway I liked the stuff Chris is informing us of. But I suppose we all want idols, something that works for one, does not work for another. I went and got lentils for the folate, and the next morning I had a good poop. So I should definitely thank him for that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals