What I Do To Ward Off Stress - Anciety - "Depression"

DMF

I go to an isolated section on the lakefront,
and holler, yell, flail my arms as loud and violent as I can .Take breaks to catch my breath, start up again all for sometimes 30-40 minutes. I can get frightening but it's worth this r-e-l-e-a-s-e. Sometimes when I'm hollering as loud as I can at the same time while looking upward to the Heavens in a prayer to whom/whatever could see, hear me and rescue me from my inner hells & demons. Cathartic - yah that's the word.
Nothing else seems to work. Booze, Ativan, Mindfullness - forget it.

Spokey

I'm probably going to regret this, but I'm going to say that sounds like serotonin's work.

OP
D

DMF

It's primal.
I think alot would benefit from this every now & then.
'Has a way of clearing out an overloaded system.

Dobbler

Listen to Haidut, RP, and Danny Roddy podcasts rather than take my word but the combination of T3, Cyproheptadine and pregnenolone would be something to experiment with, along with carb intake atleast 400, while keeping PUFA very low, and overall fat intake highly saturated around 0-60g of total fat. Also take a look at your environment and overall lifestyle, if there is any toxic elements and stress.

Arnold Grape

Who here is taking pregnenolone and getting consistent results? Also, which formula are you taking? Nothing suggested here seems to work for depression that does not have bad sides or turn you into a different gender. While that may seem innocuous compared to other meds, I just don’t know. Consistent doses of b-2 seemed to work well for a time, but even that crashed me pretty hard. I still think prog is possibly the best antidepressant I have ever taken, but it wrecked my body. -$0.02: be careful with these these things.

tankasnowgod

Who here is taking pregnenolone and getting consistent results? Also, which formula are you taking? Nothing suggested here seems to work for depression that does not have bad sides or turn you into a different gender. While that may seem innocuous compared to other meds, I just don’t know. Consistent doses of b-2 seemed to work well for a time, but even that crashed me pretty hard. I still think prog is possibly the best antidepressant I have ever taken, but it wrecked my body. -$0.02: be careful with these these things.

Started taking 200mg this week (along with aspirin), and it's making a world of difference for me. Agree, it's short term, so far, but I based the dosage off of this study- Pregnenolone Is The Most Potent Inhibitor Of The Stress Signal (CRH)

As far as any side effects, I also found these quotes insightful (I assume you were just joking about the different gender part)-

Just want to note. I wrote earlier about pregnenolone raising estrogen etc and making me feel like rubbish.

Well, I have trialed preg again. As usual it raised my temps, energy etc for the first few days. Then I fell back into the bloated, cold, high estrogen effects i get from preg. However, i realized if preg doesnt directly raise estrogen something else was doing it.

What was happening was preg was raising my metabolism. This was causing a release of PUFA's as my detox systems etc ramped up. The increased PUFA's then caused high estrogen, serotonin, low metabolism etc.

After supplementing with a high dose of vitamin E, aspirin, coconut oil etc., my temperatures started to come back up and my distended stomach started to shrink back down.

So, the lesson from that is, increasing your metabolism can cause an increase in circulating PUFA's making you worse off than when you started..

High dose aspirin can also trigger stress symptoms. Vitamin E is unique among these as it inhibits lipolysis (through its opposition to estrogen), and can inactivate the PUFA already in the bloodstream. So, vitamin E improve metabolism by lowering fat oxidation. I don't think it has direct effects on mitochondria like aspirin and caffeine do. Coconut oil improves metabolism acutely by increasing the SFA/PUFA ration in blood and displacing the PUFA from the cell mitochondria in the beta oxidation process. Since it can go directly inside the mitochondria and it needs no special transport, the cell prefers to burn it and leave PUFA for last or actually store it. Some fats in cocobut oil have uncoupling effect but not much to match aspirin and caffeine. So, there are different ways to improve metabolism but caffeine and aspirin are thyroid mimetics and just like a large dose of thyroid will trigger s stress response when energy stores run out.

Regina

and holler, yell, flail my arms as loud and violent as I can .Take breaks to catch my breath, start up again all for sometimes 30-40 minutes. I can get frightening but it's worth this r-e-l-e-a-s-e. Sometimes when I'm hollering as loud as I can at the same time while looking upward to the Heavens in a prayer to whom/whatever could see, hear me and rescue me from my inner hells & demons. Cathartic - yah that's the word.
Gardening is a wonderful respite.
Having spent my entire adult life living in cities, I am thoroughly enjoying a chance to garden. It hits all the good notes. Integrative activity/exercise, sunshine, breathing, focus on creation. It's entirely delightful.

InChristAlone

Sounds like you have some unresolved trauma you have to get out. The body will want to either fight or run away. Have you read "Waking the Tiger"?

Arnold Grape

Started taking 200mg this week (along with aspirin), and it's making a world of difference for me. Agree, it's short term, so far, but I based the dosage off of this study- Pregnenolone Is The Most Potent Inhibitor Of The Stress Signal (CRH)

As far as any side effects, I also found these quotes insightful (I assume you were just joking about the different gender part)-
That’s fair, but even the best Preg is like contaminated. (Even Peat says this.) I’ve tried a lot of them. For old times sake I broke out the HN brand powder recently and it’s business as usual.

Even Peat warms that there is no safe pregnenolone supply, atm. (I’ve tried lots of them.) The thing that’s wild — and I understand what you’re saying — is that sometimes you can take 100 mg of Preg and it’s remarkable, productive, etc. and other times it simulates a horrible acid trip. That’s confusing to me and not reliable.

I do have to say, though, despite following a somewhat rigorous Peat-style diet and lifestyle, I’m amazed by the people all around me (coworkers, specifically) who make terrible diet choices and are out of shape, who by and large seem ostensibly sound of mind and temperament despite working indoors all day. I don’t get it?

After hearing about a friend’s experience with micro doses of lsd, I am thinking of giving it a whirl. Lol

tankasnowgod

That’s fair, but even the best Preg is like contaminated. (Even Peat says this.) I’ve tried a lot of them. For old times sake I broke out the HN brand powder recently and it’s business as usual.

Even Peat warms that there is no safe pregnenolone supply, atm. (I’ve tried lots of them.) The thing that’s wild — and I understand what you’re saying — is that sometimes you can take 100 mg of Preg and it’s remarkable, productive, etc. and other times it simulates a horrible acid trip. That’s confusing to me and not reliable.

I do have to say, though, despite following a somewhat rigorous Peat-style diet and lifestyle, I’m amazed by the people all around me (coworkers, specifically) who make terrible diet choices and are out of shape, who by and large seem ostensibly sound of mind and temperament despite working indoors all day. I don’t get it?

After hearing about a friend’s experience with micro doses of lsd, I am thinking of giving it a whirl. Lol

Wait.... you express all this concern with pregnenolone contamination, but no concern with contamination of an illegal drug? Okay.....

As for Preg stimulating a horrible acid trip.... I have never heard of this before, nor have I ever experienced anything close to that. Preg for me either has the positive mood and energy effects, or it has no noticeable effects for me. Most of the effects seem to be cumulative as well, more like a gentle increase of mood and energy and clearer and better thinking. That's absolutely what I have experienced this week.

LUH 3417

Wait.... you express all this concern with pregnenolone contamination, but no concern with contamination of an illegal drug? Okay.....

As for Preg stimulating a horrible acid trip.... I have never heard of this before, nor have I ever experienced anything close to that. Preg for me either has the positive mood and energy effects, or it has no noticeable effects for me. Most of the effects seem to be cumulative as well, more like a gentle increase of mood and energy and clearer and better thinking. That's absolutely what I have experienced this week.
Pregnenelone has never made me relaxed. In fact it has made me feel cold, with veiny hands and heart pounding. How come ?

tankasnowgod

Pregnenelone has never made me relaxed. In fact it has made me feel cold, with veiny hands and heart pounding. How come ?
I posted two quotes earlier in this thread about how preg and other pro metabolic substances can induce a stress response.

LUH 3417

I posted two quotes earlier in this thread about how preg and other pro metabolic substances can induce a stress response.
I have taken it with aspirin, coconut oil, vitamin e, extra food. Seems to give me an estrogenic/high cortisol response no matter what. Was wondering if you had any other insights.

GAF

Body brushing multiple times per day.

Dancing with a partner 3 to 7 days a week.

Singing.

Whitewater rafting Class III and IV rapids weekly.

And other non computer and non phone related activities like Mexican Coke and Red Bull.

That's what I do...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom