What Hormones Are Responsible For Nostalgia, Creativity, Loving Feelings, And Wonder?

Mr Joe

There‘s an interconnection between histamine and estrogen. Histamine opposes adrenaline (epinephrine), which is very well-known in scientific papers. There is also some data that suggests that agonism of histamine (I think H3) opposes serotonin as well.

So you end up with lower adrenaline (less stress), lower serotonin (less inhibition/greater sensitivity) and higher estrogen (higher emotionality)

With low E I feel pretty dead emotion-wise and also libido drops at certain point.
I've found an interesting quote of @Hans in a similar thread about laughing increasing serotonin :

"Many good things increase both serotonin and dopamine, but it's the ratio that's important. Too much serotonin causes apathy and anhedonia. If you feel good overall, the ratio is probably good.
The increase in NO isn't a problem, because it most likely only restores normal NO levels, and does not increase it to a pathological state. Similar to cocoa. Cocoa restores normal NO levels. Sunlight also promotes the release of NO, but it's not bad.
Endotoxin for example causes a pathological increase in NO."

So at the end the same way Sun increase NO, as long as it is backed by Vitamin D, dopamine and (good) steroids synthesis, the increase of serotonin, histamine, estrogens or ocytocine is less harmful. But in a poor metabolism, first elements are missing, so only last one increases.

Frankdee20

These things are likely mediated by neurotransmitters more so than a specific hormone. To be immersed in such things truly serves no pragmatic purpose on the surface.

golder

To be immersed in such things truly serves no pragmatic purpose on the surface.
What does ‘pragmatic’ mean in this context?
What does ‘surface’ mean in this context?

Every emotion that the organism feels has relevance, they are all guiding principles. Provincial and reductionist thinking like that really goes against the current of this forum.

Frankdee20

What does ‘pragmatic’ mean in this context?
What does ‘surface’ mean in this context?

Every emotion that the organism feels has relevance, they are all guiding principles. Provincial and reductionist thinking like that really goes against the current of this forum.

What was I thinking … the nerve to go against the grain

Greyfox

I have a theory about nostalgia in particular. Though it is just a theory. I view nostalgia as a sign of bad things to come. I once took an edible which was beyond a dose I could handle and for months afterwards I was afflicted with excessive feelings of nostalgia and melancholy. My music list had become a collection of miserable, depressing songs and I developed a yearning/ longing for the past that would not go away. These feelings seemed to run parallel to a decline in physical and mental health. I assume the neurotransmitters involved were related to dopamine, serotonin and others as well as some physical changes from the rapid drying effect from too heavy a dose.

Waynish

The idea that everything is caused by a molecule is not only materialist but also reductionist. It is ironic that Peat's work has lead to so much reductionism. Estrogen, Progesterone, niacinamide, prolactin, serotonin, tryptophan, vitamins, etc - in this model - are all singular "molecules."

Greyfox

The idea that everything is caused by a molecule is not only materialist but also reductionist. It is ironic that Peat's work has lead to so much reductionism. Estrogen, Progesterone, niacinamide, prolactin, serotonin, tryptophan, vitamins, etc - in this model - are all singular "molecules."
Whether we like it or not, we are material and we are limited or reduced. I'm sure death will alleviate us of our dependancy on molecules, but for now we are influenced by them and understanding them is one avenue towards emancipation. The alternative is living like a subconscious creature, like animals who are leaves on the wind, slaves to instinct and predictable behaviours. I'd love to think that my problems would spontaneously solve themselves through some unforseen, complex mechanism not explained by the previously mentioned molecules, but I doubt it. How do you approach a problem with health without reducing it down to something?

Waynish

Whether we like it or not, we are material and we are limited or reduced. I'm sure death will alleviate us of our dependancy on molecules, but for now we are influenced by them and understanding them is one avenue towards emancipation. The alternative is living like a subconscious creature, like animals who are leaves on the wind, slaves to instinct and predictable behaviours. I'd love to think that my problems would spontaneously solve themselves through some unforseen, complex mechanism not explained by the previously mentioned molecules, but I doubt it. How do you approach a problem with health without reducing it down to something?
Yes, there are those who think they are the material and there are those who know they are not the material. Such a golden glimpse can free someone from chasing phantoms via the intellect for a lifetime. You can still engage in intellect and perhaps have realization about cause and effect within a smaller context - but "how do you approach the problem without reducing it down to something?" Ignoring all of the material problems smart people including Ray have identified about reducing very complex phenomena to single things (like single molecules: genes and hormones) - to start you must recognize there is something beyond the material. What is the precise difference between 1 second before death and 1 second after? The hair brained geeks can never come to terms with this obvious reality that any child can recognize in a Goldfish.

Greyfox

Yes, there are those who think they are the material and there are those who know they are not the material. Such a golden glimpse can free someone from chasing phantoms via the intellect for a lifetime. You can still engage in intellect and perhaps have realization about cause and effect within a smaller context - but "how do you approach the problem without reducing it down to something?" Ignoring all of the material problems smart people including Ray have identified about reducing very complex phenomena to single things (like single molecules: genes and hormones) - to start you must recognize there is something beyond the material. What is the precise difference between 1 second before death and 1 second after? The hair brained geeks can never come to terms with this obvious reality that any child can recognize in a Goldfish.
Are you a religious person? I definitely have given serious consideration to the immaterial. I've even had a case of synchronicity that led me to believing in god. I also think that Ray's idea of living a stimulating life goes well beyond mere chemical ratios. However I have also keenly felt the detrimental effects of cortisol and serotonin for example. They have a rather significant closing, restricting effect that have stifled my ability to be outgoing, sociable, energised and happy. One of the symptoms I have noticed lately from cortisol and serotonin is the effect on tunnel vision. It even restricts my ability to behold the full beauty of my environment. I'm not entirely sure how to keep everything low enough to retain what I am looking for, and for all I know the answers lay in the immaterial but it's something right?
I've tried praying and while I do seem to experience some catharsis to stagnant, unexpressed emotion, I am having diffuculty abdicating my path through life to faith.
What are your suggestions?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals