What Helps Kidneys To Filter Better?

LLight

Without liquid for 4 days? Won't you get dehydrated? Did you measure the volume you urinated? What is the rationale for this method of treatment?
Not an explanation, nor a very robust analysis from a statistical point of view, but you can have a look at this study on dry fasting and renal function : Anthropometric, hemodynamic, metabolic, and renal responses during 5 days of food and water deprivation. - PubMed - NCBI
Did not try long dry fasts myself, just 24h, a little hard but it feels good after (might just be the contrast).
Another interesting one on "intermittent drinking": Intermittent drinking, oxytocin and human health. - PubMed - NCBI

yerrag

Not an explanation, nor a very robust analysis from a statistical point of view, but you can have a look at this study on dry fasting and renal function : Anthropometric, hemodynamic, metabolic, and renal responses during 5 days of food and water deprivation. - PubMed - NCBI
Did not try long dry fasts myself, just 24h, a little hard but it feels good after (might just be the contrast).
Another interesting one on "intermittent drinking": Intermittent drinking, oxytocin and human health. - PubMed - NCBI
Thanks for sharing
Dry fasting. Break fast with dry fruit to prolong the fast but get energy going.
What is a dry fruit? Is banana an example?
Trimethylglycine and magnesium are helpfu
If magnesium helps, does it imply that there is some calcification involved that keeps kidneys from filtering well?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

yerrag

I viewed a set of Khan Academy videos to understand the lymphatic system. Lymph fluids are basically the plasma of blood plus proteins that get thru the blood vessel linings. Lymph gets back to the blood thru lymph vessels, carrying waste, such as from bacteria killed by its immune cells, as well as hormones and chylomicrons, to the blood. What's interesting is that lymph vessels do not have a pump, such as the heart for blood vessels, and so relies on muscles around the lymph vessels to pump the lymph into the blood. Inside the lymph vessels are valves, like check valves, which keep the lymph from moving counter to flow direction. I can imagine how these valves can get blocked, calcification being one way, and thus impede the flow of lymph back into the blood.

I can also imagine what happens when the lymph vessels are backed up. Not only are waste backed up, but this also, to me, keeps the blood from supplying plasma to the lymphatic system. I imagine there is pressure building up as a result. Is this one cause of high blood pressure?

So, maybe more focus has to be given to the lymphatic system in addressing filtration of blood.

I understand that the waste from lymph still has to go the liver to be processed before being excreted by the kidneys thru urine, but the lymphatic system has to be working well.

So, for the urine to show good signs of filtration, where it produces sediments, and maybe it is more cloudy, and maybe darker as well, it still relies on the lymphs, the liver, and the kidneys working well.

When it's not, an all fruit diet will help, And some dry fasting as well.

I couldn't help but wonder how this works. Is it because the all fruit diet makes our ecf alkaline, and with more alkalinity, the crud that's blocking lymph flow will be removed? And what is this crud? Is it calcium scales? Or is it calcification of lymph vessel cells?

What is it in grapes that make it very effective? What makes darker grapes more effective?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Tibetan Buddhist Doctors use urine analysis as important part of diagnosis, they want to see your first morning urine, when you bring them a sample they smell it then swirl the urine in its jar to observe its characteristics.

yerrag

Tibetan Buddhist Doctors use urine analysis as important part of diagnosis, they want to see your first morning urine, when you bring them a sample they smell it then swirl the urine in its jar to observe its characteristics.
Is there a guide on it?

Speaking of smell, I noticed more smelly urine after I started my all fruit diet.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Speaking of smell, I noticed more smelly urine after I started my all fruit diet.
Oh man, some gnarly stuff gonna come outta there as that lymph starts moving. Stuff that was stuck for years. :ss2

CLASH

I’m not so sure that protein restriction is the ideal way or really a viable way to “help the kidneys filter better”. It seems there may be a fruitarian-veganish bias in the responses here. Thats not to say that fruit/ fruit juice is not helpful, I would argue its a significant component in healing and just for basic living in general. Just not so sure that limiting your protein actually helps to any large extent. Fixing an intestinal issue would be my first recommendation.

JanW55

Forum Supporter
I was just placing a new testimonial on Andrew Fletcher's IBT website (my 2nd), and it was talking about my GI alignment improvements from IBT, but it occurred to me that IBT has been helping with kidney functionality quite a bit too, so here is what I put on A.F.'s site which also applies to those #1 issues as well as #2 (as my rather prim 'maiden aunt' -- as she termed herself -- used to refer to such things). By the way as someone above here mentioned, there can't be enough said in praise of self-massage of troubled areas; I found out that if I'd awakened at 3 am or whenever, during the nearly 3 years now of 'thyroid makeover' I might as well make the most of it, being very energized at that point in the night anyway. Soothe the area but also put some psi (pounds per square inch as well as psychic support as I call it) on there. Study the pressure-point charts available online for guidance, I'd say, for those spots such as qi gong talks about (kidney points, meridians, etc.)

MY IBT 2nd Testimonial:
Sinus improvements are continuing while at the same time GI areas seem to be getting better aligned and are definitely functioning better. Effective digestion has been a lifelong issue, and now, becoming more 'regularized' so to speak (sorry if Too Much Information here) is a tremendous relief. There is an increased sense of possessing an integrated system body-wide not just parts that don't communicate timely or are out of phase / in combat with each other, as has been the situation as long as I can remember. I think IBT is working on me from various angles simultaneously and benefits are beginning to stack up, thereby influencing cells --> circulation --> organs --> systems, to result in overall well-being. Reduction of SIBO in conjunction with dietary modifications and IBT realignments is making for less gut distress and anxiety (neurotransmitters situation improvements apparently).

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Is there a guide on it?

I haven't read the full paper but looks interesting.

"Tibetan medicine is virtually unknown outside Tibet and India and yet it is probably the most original and clinically oriented traditional system of medicine integrating the finest therapeutic techniques from the Indian and Chinese medical systems. One of the many unique aspects of Tibetan medicine is urinalysis used not only for its clinical value but also for prognosis."

"The purpose of this paper is to present a basic guideline of the 9 clinical characteristics of urine temperature and show how such variation in these characteristics has clinical significance. Major clinical features of urine associated with specific diseases like malignancy, asthma, osteoarthritis and cholelithiasis are discussed."

A guide to Tibetan medical urinalysis. - PubMed - NCBI

Velve921

Take a look at inclined bed therapy... Andrew Fletcher has had some interesting findings

....anecdotally I have as well with health support

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Take a look at inclined bed therapy... Andrew Fletcher has had some interesting findings

....anecdotally I have as well with health support

Inclined bed therapy is excellent, i have enjoyed better sleep, feeling warmer and more energy in the morning.

yerrag

I haven't read the full paper but looks interesting.

"Tibetan medicine is virtually unknown outside Tibet and India and yet it is probably the most original and clinically oriented traditional system of medicine integrating the finest therapeutic techniques from the Indian and Chinese medical systems. One of the many unique aspects of Tibetan medicine is urinalysis used not only for its clinical value but also for prognosis."

"The purpose of this paper is to present a basic guideline of the 9 clinical characteristics of urine temperature and show how such variation in these characteristics has clinical significance. Major clinical features of urine associated with specific diseases like malignancy, asthma, osteoarthritis and cholelithiasis are discussed."

A guide to Tibetan medical urinalysis. - PubMed - NCBI

I couldn't download the guide. Were you able to?

yerrag

I'm curious about the sediments that appear when kidney filters well. I did searches with Google and Youtube. With no success.

I would get Youtube videos that hew to the popular opinion that clear urine is good, and cloudy urine and sediments are a bad sign.

Have a few questions:

1. I'm left wondering why my kidneys can allow albumin to pass through (when it shouldn't) my kidneys in urine, and not allow these sediments to go through. Just as a sidebar, plenty of albumin in urine isn't a good sign. It means my kidney leaks albumin, which should actually not pass through the kidney. This is is the result of my hypertensive condition. The high pressure letting albumin through is my guess. Or possibly worse, my kidneys are not impervious enough that a large enough protein like albumin gets through. So how can albumin get through my kidneys and yet I'm not seeing sediments in my urine? This leads me to think that these sediments in urine are actually precipitates of salts that are dissolved when passing through the kidneys. They could be phosphates, chlorides, citrates, lactates etc. of sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium, and ammonium. They precipitate when the urine gets cold, and/or when the urine has the right pH to allow precipitation. What are the possible salts that could precipitate? It could be ammonium phosphate, calcium citrate, calcium chloride etc. I just don't know since I'm not familiar with the precipitation characteristics of these salts.
  2. Another thing I wonder about is whether the lymphatic wastes go directly to the kidneys. Since the lymph is discharged from the lymphatic system into the blood through the veins, don't these wastes pass through the liver first? And if so, if there's anything solid, won't it be logical for it to be processed and discharged into the intestines? And so, won't this confirm that the urine sediments aren't actually solids when being filtered through the kidneys?
  3. When the lymphatic system isn't backed up and wastes are being discharged into blood, is it possible for the kidneys to let out urine that doesn't produce sediments? Or should sediments always be expected when the lymphatic system is working well?
  4. Is it possible that a change to an alkaline diet protocol, such as being on all-fruit, would give the kidneys some needed rest, to heal, such that with enough time given to heal, it would be able to improve its filtering ability? With less acidity for it to correct, the kidneys get a holiday, and gets to repair whatever is wrong with it.

Last edited:

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I'm curious about the sediments that appear when kidney filters well. I did searches with Google and Youtube. With no success.

I would get Youtube videos that hew to the popular opinion that clear urine is good, and cloudy urine and sediments are a bad sign.

Have a few questions:

1. I'm left wondering why my kidneys can allow albumin to pass through (when it shouldn't) my kidneys in urine, and not allow these sediments to go through. Just as a sidebar, plenty of albumin in urine isn't a good sign. It means my kidney leaks albumin, which should actually not pass through the kidney. This is is the result of my hypertensive condition. The high pressure letting albumin through is my guess. Or possibly worse, my kidneys are not impervious enough that a large enough protein like albumin gets through. So how can albumin get through my kidneys and yet I'm not seeing sediments in my urine? This leads me to think that these sediments in urine are actually precipitates of salts that are dissolved when passing through the kidneys. They could be phosphates, chlorides, citrates, lactates etc. of sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium, and ammonium. They precipitate when the urine gets cold, and/or when the urine has the right pH to allow precipitation. What are the possible salts that could precipitate? It could be ammonium phosphate, calcium citrate, calcium chloride etc. I just don't know since I'm not familiar with the precipitation characteristics of these salts.
  2. Another thing I wonder about is whether the lymphatic wastes go directly to the kidneys. Since the lymph is discharged from the lymphatic system into the blood through the veins, don't these wastes pass through the liver first? And if so, if there's anything solid, won't it be logical for it to be processed and discharged into the intestines? And so, won't this confirm that the urine sediments aren't actually solids when being filtered through the kidneys?
  3. When the lymphatic system isn't backed up and wastes are being discharged into blood, is it possible for the kidneys to let out urine that doesn't produce sediments? Or should sediments always be expected when the lymphatic system is working well?
  4. Is it possible that a change to an alkaline diet protocol, such as being on all-fruit, would give the kidneys some needed rest, to heal, such that with enough time given to heal, it would be able to improve its filtering ability? With less acidity for it to correct, the kidneys get a holiday, and gets to repair whatever is wrong with it.

Great questions, this looks interesting also.

"The author is a Tibetan Buddhist monk and physician who has had his own clinic in New Delhi, working closely with medical Schools in Israel and at Harvard. This book offers a "do-it-yourself" approach to medical urine examination with preparation, diagnostic, techniques, clinical features of specific disorders such as hepatitis, and methods to learn urinalysis for beginners."

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Tibetan-Medical-Urinalysis/dp/B000JJTGZC

Jennifer

yerrag

Great questions, this looks interesting also.

"The author is a Tibetan Buddhist monk and physician who has had his own clinic in New Delhi, working closely with medical Schools in Israel and at Harvard. This book offers a "do-it-yourself" approach to medical urine examination with preparation, diagnostic, techniques, clinical features of specific disorders such as hepatitis, and methods to learn urinalysis for beginners."

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Tibetan-Medical-Urinalysis/dp/B000JJTGZC
Interesting book. I requested Amazon to make it available as an ebook.
This may help answer your question, particularly under Lymph Vessels. From Dr. Morse's book:

https://www.truthseekerz.com/Robert_Morse_-_The_Detox_Miracle_Sourcebook_EBOK.pdf#page59

Thanks Jennifer. It was helpful but still leaves me with a few questions.

Sheila

Good day to you fellow members, Happy New Year.

I can't find the exact thread where someone mentioned 'the lymphatics don't have a pump' so I thought I might add my recollection here.

Many years ago, a friend and I were out riding with her Father, a Dr, when he related that he had found a kind of pump at the bottom of the horse's foot by which circulation was enhanced. I got the impression that this revelation was expected to make him lots of money. I don't recall after that, but they haven't moved to Monaco.
The idea stuck in my mind but alas not enough for me to research it at that age. Moving forward in time, I think that walking properly as in rolling the foot, gliding along like native African people, improves lymph flow, that the rolling motion itself, acts as a 'pump'. They also walk much more effortlessly than we tend to do. One's choice of footwear will also be important.

This is, to me an interesting video by Esther Gokhale on walking. I suspect that walking this way, improves lymphatic flow (but don't ask me to prove it).
As always, in case it is of use.
Best wishes
Sheila

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals