What have you noticed by increasing dopamine and decreasing serotonin?

K2000

Hi, I'm wondering what benefits you've noticed by upping dopamine and decreasing serotonin and how you went about doing this. I'm sure that I have a serotonin-dominant personality.

Sitaruîm

A generalized increased will to live that manifests itself by being more spontaneous and seeking joy, it has a snowball effect because the train is hard to stop once it gets going. Little to no rumination, and a proactive and resourceful disposition in the face of problems.

OP
K

K2000

A generalized increased will to live that manifests itself by being more spontaneous and seeking joy, it has a snowball effect because the train is hard to stop once it gets going. Little to no rumination, and a proactive and resourceful disposition in the face of problems.
and what did you do/are you doing to help the process?

golder

Love this answer - so concise yet exactly what I’m looking to achieve. Would you be able to give us some of the changes that have best helped you? Thanks!

kaybb

Did you make the change with supplements/diet/changes in sleep, etc??

Sitaruîm

Did you make the change with supplements/diet/changes in sleep, etc??
I always get good sleep, with the odd exception when I may be a bit restless for whatever reason, but never because I interrupt my sleep with an alarm clock. I set my alarm 9 hours after going to bed and always wake up on my own with a decent gap between wake time and the alarm. I never supplemented anything but I'm young, heathy, and I've never worsened my health by going into diet fads for lengthy periods (my 0 carb carnivore stint lasted a month lol). Currently I'm eating low starch, sugar from fruits and marmalades, butter, milk and 2 eggs per day, and some red meat occasionally. I also accompany my meals with tea with a couple teaspoons of white sugar, so white sugar intake is limited since I drink tea 1-3 times a day, and in no other context will I use white sugar. My milk intake varies since my job at the moment is physical, I try not to be too exact with calories when eating and pay attention to my appetite and let my body decide the quantity. I don't let diet interfere with social life so I will eat whatever there is if I'm someone's guest and if at a restaurant I'll try to choose something decent, I believe a strong body is able to deal with with unideal foods if we aren't doing it chronically.

kaybb

I always get good sleep, with the odd exception when I may be a bit restless for whatever reason, but never because I interrupt my sleep with an alarm clock. I set my alarm 9 hours after going to bed and always wake up on my own with a decent gap between wake time and the alarm. I never supplemented anything but I'm young, heathy, and I've never worsened my health by going into diet fads for lengthy periods (my 0 carb carnivore stint lasted a month lol). Currently I'm eating low starch, sugar from fruits and marmalades, butter, milk and 2 eggs per day, and some red meat occasionally. I also accompany my meals with tea with a couple teaspoons of white sugar, so white sugar intake is limited since I drink tea 1-3 times a day, and in no other context will I use white sugar. My milk intake varies since my job at the moment is physical, I try not to be too exact with calories when eating and pay attention to my appetite and let my body decide the quantity. I don't let diet interfere with social life so I will eat whatever there is if I'm someone's guest and if at a restaurant I'll try to choose something decent, I believe a strong body is able to deal with with unideal foods if we aren't doing it chronically.
It sounds like you accomplished a raise in dopamine by your diet? This was the only change you did?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals