What Have You Guys Tried To Stop Scalp Itching?

OP
B

Bushido1

As an update I drastically reduced my sugar and dairy consumption and started doing daily scalp massages and my scalp itching is almost gone. My hair situation also improved.

cyclops

As an update I drastically reduced my sugar and dairy consumption and started doing daily scalp massages and my scalp itching is almost gone. My hair situation also improved.

sugar and dairy are like the main components of peatdom though

ilhanxx

-topical cetirizine or seti or both
-eat very hot pepper for cytokines and pro-inflamatory responses
-cold press on scalp
-press wet green tea bag on scalp

OP
B

Bushido1

sugar and dairy are like the main components of peatdom though

Yes, I don't follow a Peatarian diet anymore. I tried it for 8 months strictly and it only made all my symptoms worse: more hairloss, more irritable.. I even had suicidal thoughts which I never had in my life before. I personally think this diet is quite dangerous but it took me hitting rock bottom to realize it.

ExD

Yes, I don't follow a Peatarian diet anymore. I tried it for 8 months strictly and it only made all my symptoms worse: more hairloss, more irritable.. I even had suicidal thoughts which I never had in my life before. I personally think this diet is quite dangerous but it took me hitting rock bottom to realize it.

What was your diet specifically?

OP
B

Bushido1

What was your diet specifically?

The typical diet recommended in this forum: milk, cheese, fruit, beef, coconut oil, white potatoes, coffee, etc. I tried rotating different foods in an out but I was still feeling miserable regardless on this high sugar/dairy diet.

ExD

The typical diet recommended in this forum: milk, cheese, fruit, beef, coconut oil, white potatoes, coffee, etc. I tried rotating different foods in an out but I was still feeling miserable regardless on this high sugar/dairy diet.

Haha, my doggo replied to you before I could lol

Do you tolerate dairy well? Why coconut oil instead of butter or ghee? What fruit do you eat?

IME the typical diet recommended here isn't very reflective of Peat's principles.

After ten years of trying to apply my understanding of his principles, I could never get my temp above 36.8. Then I ditched the store bought orange juice, the coffee and white sugar and the milk proteins, and I started cooking my fruit- mostly apples. Besides this, I also consume well cooked potatoes and basically mix everything with ghee to ease digestion. My temps have averaged 37.2-37.8 since making that small change

My point is that Peat's principles held true in the end even after ten years of failure, I just wasn't applying them optimally to my circumstances. Peat's principles are basically do whatever keeps your temp/pulse and c02 at optimial range, followed by his understanding of how to achieve that, and it seems unfair to consider it "dangerous "through the prism of ignorance that is general interpretations of those reading and potentially misinterpreting his advice on the internet

I glanced at the Perfect health diet and it doesn't seem that far removed from what I consider Peaty, for example.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bushido1

@ExD I was concerned that you would come up with an answer like that. For long time in this forum I have heard people saying "It is not working for you because of this food" "you are not doing it properly" or "have you tried adding this?" They are the same arguments that all poor unhealthy vegans used to say when someone would fall sick on their diet.

The truth is; I have consulted with Danny Roddy for 6 months, I have spent hundreds of hours watching every Ray Peat interview and reading his articles, I have close to a 100 pages with notes on his theories, I have even contacted Ray through email to clarify certain things.

I tried quitting milk, I tried the weird supplements recommended here like cypro or aspirin and even antibiotics at the very end of my Peat journey out of desperation. Nothing worked.

Ray is a highly inteligent person and the way he explains his theories about different foods and mechanism is very interesting and hard to argue with unless you are a biologist yourself. But the truth is that when I and many other people in this forum put his theories into practice they just don't work.

I just wanted to write about my own experience before leaving this forum because I feel like most people leave without saying a word, and that doesn't help to open the eyes of those who are suffering since following this diet.

M

metabolizm

@ExD I was concerned that you would come up with an answer like that. For long time in this forum I have heard people saying "It is not working for you because of this food" "you are not doing it properly" or "have you tried adding this?" They are the same arguments that all poor unhealthy vegans used to say when someone would fall sick on their diet.

The truth is; I have consulted with Danny Roddy for 6 months, I have spent hundreds of hours watching every Ray Peat interview and reading his articles, I have close to a 100 pages with notes on his theories, I have even contacted Ray through email to clarify certain things.

I tried quitting milk, I tried the weird supplements recommended here like cypro or aspirin and even antibiotics at the very end of my Peat journey out of desperation. Nothing worked.

Ray is a highly inteligent person and the way he explains his theories about different foods and mechanism is very interesting and hard to argue with unless you are a biologist yourself. But the truth is that when I and many other people in this forum put his theories into practice they just don't work.

I just wanted to write about my own experience before leaving this forum because I feel like most people leave without saying a word, and that doesn't help to open the eyes of those who are suffering since following this diet.

What do you eat now?

Seekinghealth

I reasonate with some parts of your story and suffering. Espacially the dark thoughts!. Would you mind sharing your current diet and or what other measures you have taken to reverse your situation with emphasize on your hair situation?

ExD

No, they aren't the same arguments. I asked what you ate that made you think Peat's dietary advice was dangerous and you said;

"The typical diet recommended in this forum"

People necking Aspirin, guzzling 90% of their calories from refridgerated drinks and lying around on forums all day expecting to get a better standard of life do not imo reflect the theories of Dr Peat. That was my argument.

Right.

OP
B

Bushido1

@Seekinghealth @metabolizm

For the last 6 months I have been following a diet similar to the one recommended in the website perfecthealthdiet(dot)com by Paul Jaminet. But lately I have been doing more research into something called Paleomedicina, which is a company that is running clinical trials and curing many autoimmune diseases (such as cancer, Cronh's disease, IBS, diabetes t1&2, etc.) by following an animal fat, meat and organ diet. It is called the Paleo Keto Diet and I will start following it in the next few months.

In regards to my hair, I think the main benefit has come from reducing my sugar and dairy consumption to almost zero, and by starting to follow daily scalp massages. I massage my hair 2x a day for 20 mins following the technique taught by Rob English in the website perfecthairhealth. If you are very worried about your hair situation I recommend signing up to his website, you will find me posting there as well as one of his clients.

OP
B

Bushido1

I personally believe that the main reason for hair loss is inflammation in the body and the lack of blood flow and oxygen that this causes to the scalp. So the healthiest diet would be one that reduces inflammatory markers. For some time, I believed the Peat diet would do this for me, but in my case, it increased all my inflammatory symptoms and almost made me go crazy, which is also a sign of inflammation.

Right now, the only diet I have found to clinically prove to reduce inflammatory markers and stop gut permeability is the one the people from paleomedicina are using in their practice and that is why I plan on trying it very soon.

M

metabolizm

@Seekinghealth @metabolizm

For the last 6 months I have been following a diet similar to the one recommended in the website perfecthealthdiet(dot)com by Paul Jaminet. But lately I have been doing more research into something called Paleomedicina, which is a company that is running clinical trials and curing many autoimmune diseases (such as cancer, Cronh's disease, IBS, diabetes t1&2, etc.) by following an animal fat, meat and organ diet. It is called the Paleo Keto Diet and I will start following it in the next few months.

In regards to my hair, I think the main benefit has come from reducing my sugar and dairy consumption to almost zero, and by starting to follow daily scalp massages. I massage my hair 2x a day for 20 mins following the technique taught by Rob English in the website perfecthairhealth. If you are very worried about your hair situation I recommend signing up to his website, you will find me posting there as well as one of his clients.

I've concluded that high sugar and high milk intake is not good for me either, so I'm starting to reduce my intake of both.

I do think a ketogenic diet is a bit risky in the long-term, but as a short-term solution to inflammation, it's probably hard to beat. Jordan Peterson talked about eating only beef on the Joe Rogan podcast a while back: it cured everything for him. I would be willing to bet that it will cure scalp itch. But I would imagine that slowly reintroducing foods would be the ideal strategy, when the time is right.

OP
B

Bushido1

I've concluded that high sugar and high milk intake is not good for me either, so I'm starting to reduce my intake of both.

I do think a ketogenic diet is a bit risky in the long-term, but as a short-term solution to inflammation, it's probably hard to beat. Jordan Peterson talked about eating only beef on the Joe Rogan podcast a while back: it cured everything for him. I would be willing to bet that it will cure scalp itch. But I would imagine that slowly reintroducing foods would be the ideal strategy, when the time is right.

I think an all-meat diet is reasonable as long as you make sure to consume enough animal fats. The mistake most people do is consuming too much protein and this can bring negative symptoms in the long-run.

The earth has been through an ice age from 2.6 million years ago until just 11,000 years ago. And through this time we were mainly consuming big mammals since most of the plants were hard to find or harmful so I don't see why an all-meat diet would be harmful long-term as long as you pay attention to the fat:protein ratio.

I highly urge you to research into paleomedicina(dot)com and see the work they are doing by curing autoimmune diseases and reducing inflammatory markers by solely changing the diet of their patients. These are real patients and real clinical practices, not just theory taken from a book or "biology".

Last edited:
OP
B

Bushido1

@metabolizm I forgot to mention, but I am pretty confident scalp itching is driven by inflammation, which is caused mainly by what we eat.

M

metabolizm

I think an all-meat diet is reasonable as long as you make sure to consume enough animal fats. The mistake most people do is consuming too much protein and this can bring negative symptoms in the long-run.

The earth has been through an ice age from 2.6 million years ago until just 11,000 years ago. And through this time we were mainly consuming big mammals since most of the plants were hard to find or harmful so I don't see why an all-meat diet would be harmful long-term as long as you pay attention to the fat:protein ratio.

I highly urge you to research into paleomedicina(dot)com and see the work they are doing by curing autoimmune diseases and reducing inflammatory markers by solely changing the diet of their patients. These are real patients and real clinical practices, not just theory taken from a book or "biology".

I did a ketogenic diet briefly a few years back, and felt as good as it was possible to feel. Incredible energy, mental clarity, lack of inflammation. It's strange to wake up in the morning and feel fantastic. It really seemed as though all my ailments were disappearing. But things started going haywire and I ended up having a nervous breakdown - although I don't blame the diet for this, at least not directly. (I had a traumatic experience). After that I found Peat and started increasing sugar and milk. It helped for a while but now I'm not in great shape again, and scalp itchiness and dandruff is indicative of something impaired, less than perfect health. It's actually incredible that I still have hair on my head (although it's slowly thinning and greying), given all the stress I've dealt with, but I think Ray has helped with this, at least mitigating the stress somewhat. Thanks for the Perfect Health Diet recommendation. I'm going to have a look at that, and will check out the paleoketo thing too.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyclops

People necking Aspirin, guzzling 90% of their calories from refridgerated drinks and lying around on forums all day expecting to get a better standard of life do not imo reflect the theories of Dr Peat. That was my argument.

I dislike comments like this, its hyperbole for most people here.

Its like every time someone follows a peat diet, someone comes and says your ridiculous for what you're doing and that's not what ray says.

Most anyone here has spent enough time and read enough quotes by ray to know exactly what ray does and eats and recommends.

We know ray drinks a allot of milk, recommends 2 quarts, buys pretty normal store bought milk. He drinks orange juice (fresh squeezed is better sure, but he said he used to drink the frozen concentrate before they added garbage to that). He doesn't eat starch even though he says cooked potatoes is a good food in many ways and white rice is benign. He then has some eggs, meat, shellfish, gelatin, cheese, etc. He takes thyroid and aspirin and has spoken of doses. Spoken of other supplements he thinks are beneficial and uses.

Also he says he's pretty sedentary, but walking and chopping wood is nice lol.

Its really not that hard to understand there is a peat diet, peat has shared to the world and individuals what he eats and takes many times. If its not working for you then its not working for you. But don't tell people who follow what peat says, they are not really following what peat says. Of course he says get your temps up, but then he also says the foods, supplements, etc he thinks are best to do it.

OP
B

Bushido1

I dislike comments like this, its hyperbole for most people here.

Its like every time someone follows a peat diet, someone comes and says your ridiculous for what you're doing and that's not what ray says.

Most anyone here has spent enough time and read enough quotes by ray to know exactly what ray does and eats and recommends.

We know ray drinks a allot of milk, recommends 2 quarts, buys pretty normal store bought milk. He drinks orange juice (fresh squeezed is better sure, but he said he used to drink the frozen concentrate before they added garbage to that). He doesn't eat starch even though he says cooked potatoes is a good food in many ways and white rice is benign. He then has some eggs, meat, shellfish, gelatin, cheese, etc. He takes thyroid and aspirin and has spoken of doses. Spoken of other supplements he thinks are beneficial and uses.

Also he says he's pretty sedentary, but walking and chopping wood is nice lol.

Its really not that hard to understand there is a peat diet, peat has shared to the world and individuals what he eats and takes many times. If its not working for you then its not working for you. But don't tell people who follow what peat says, they are not really following what peat says. Of course he says get your temps up, but then he also says the foods, supplements, etc he thinks are best to do it.

I couldn't have said it any better.

After spending over a year in this forum I have come to realize that whenever someone following the Peat diet is not having success there will be several people blaming it to some random nutrient or food even while following his advice to a 100% accuracy.

The truth is, the Peat diet doesn't work for many people, regardless as the amount of variations they try. And for those people, it is going to be best to move on to a different diet if they want to look and feel better.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals