What Have You Guys Tried To Stop Scalp Itching?

Bushido1

Hello,

Since I started Peating 6 months ago my scalp itching and hair loss have increased. And I haven't been able to stop my scalp itching even while having a healthy diet, etc.

So far I have tried:
Nizoral (2x days a week for 5 weeks) - NO IMPROVEMENT
Sulfur soap as shampoo (3x a week for 6 weeks) - NO IMPROVEMENT

I want to try:
Pantene Head & shoulders
Apple cider vinegar (before sleep)

What do you think causes scalp itching?

What has helped you reduce scalp itching?

What would you recommend to reduce scalp itching?

[Please try to keep the post focus on the topic at hand and don't start talking about other irrelevant things.]

Last edited:

ilhanxx

gut improvements helps a lot. aspirin with setipiprant can help. washing with baking soda can be natural alternative. finding your intolerance

food maybe help.

YUPEATER

Massage cured my itching scalp. I use a small head massage device for this.

Been doing this for 1+ year. About 1 time a week for about 10 minutes is enough to prevent the itch.

GreekDemiGod

I find that applying ACV topically and massaging it results in relief from itching.
And since I've been taking aspirin, the itching has definitely reduced.

Hans

Forum Supporter
DHEA helps with scalp itching according to research. So just make sure your DHEA-S is in the upper range.

GreekDemiGod

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I suspect that whenever I eat wheat (pancakes on the rare occasion), it gives me dandruff and itchiness. It goes away

Pistachio

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I suspect that whenever I eat wheat (pancakes on the rare occasion), it gives me dandruff and itchiness. It goes away

When you say scalp itching, are you talking about the itching/stinging associated with MPB or just general itching? The itching associated with MPB is distinct. It occurs in areas of hair loss and has a weird stinging sensation at times, accompanied by slight itchiness.

GreekDemiGod

When you say scalp itching, are you talking about the itching/stinging associated with MPB or just general itching? The itching associated with MPB is distinct. It occurs in areas of hair loss and has a weird stinging sensation at times, accompanied by slight itchiness.
My itching does not follow a pattern, generally through the whole scalp

Soren

Forum Supporter
Stopped using shampoo and conditioner and started doing scalp massages daily.

OP
B

Bushido1

Hey Soren,

You still doing DT? How is your hair regrowth going?

Do you think DT/scalp massage helped with your itching?

Chrimbo

Ive noticed less itching since peating this last 3 weeks.
I think he said excess “prolactin” causes the itch too.

Infarouge

A drop of pure pine spirits of green turpentine massaged into wet scalp worked well for me. Both antifungal and antibacterial. Many anecdotal reports for hair growth, etc. Many other essential oils work as well (oregano, tea tree, etc) but I prefer the pine scent.

jackson1

I think scalp massage can lead to more hair loss for some people. I'm one of the cases if you ask me. I was using the massage technique from PHH.

The link below also admits the density usually decreases 12 weeks into the massages saying that as 'temporarily', but didn't mention if the density actually recovered along with the increased thickness at 24-week mark.

Standardized Scalp Massage Results in Increased Hair Thickness by Inducing Stretching Forces to Dermal Papilla Cells in the Subcutaneous Tissue

Soren

Forum Supporter
I think scalp massage can lead to more hair loss for some people. I'm one of the cases if you ask me. I was using the massage technique from PHH.

The link below also admits the density usually decreases 12 weeks into the massages saying that as 'temporarily', but didn't mention if the density actually recovered along with the increased thickness at 24-week mark.

Standardized Scalp Massage Results in Increased Hair Thickness by Inducing Stretching Forces to Dermal Papilla Cells in the Subcutaneous Tissue

Yes it makes senses that initially it may cause increased hair loss because already dormant hairs will be forced out. Most mainstream hair growth products on the market cause initial hair loss before regrowth.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals