What have you ate or are going to eat today?

Vileplume

1.1 liters of very strong dark roast coffee with roughly 18 tablespoons of coffee grinds used to make.
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
15 tablespoons of sugar
2 cans of tuna
100 grams of cheap cheese
Three tablespoons of salt
Three liters of milk
1-2 liters of orange juice
Three tablespoons of gelatin
What differences do you notice if you don’t get enough salt?

I'm.No.One

Today I had 3 large chicken/sage sausages, 3 over easy eggs cooked in ghee, Maple syrup poured over all of that, a large glass of salted OJ, & a piece of sourdough covered in butter/Huckleberry jam.

I'm under a lot of chronic/severe stress so I am mindful to eat a lot of carbs to try & keep up with the glucose I'm burning through 24/7.

Tonight it's venison stew heavy with potatoes/mushrooms.

Lunches have been light lately, typically cottage cheese/fruit related.

Sitaruîm

Pineapple, clementines, bananas, a glass of orange juice from fresh oranges. Will continue eating fruit until dinner, where I will break my fruit fast with a tortilla (potatoes fried in olive oil, eggs, and spices). Sicilian encephalopathy awaits!

Dave_Fit

This is my daily routine most days:

Breakfast: (this is pretty much every morning M-F)
2 pastured eggs cooked in grass fed butter
2 slices sour dough toast with butter and marmalade sometimes strawberry jelly
14 oz Raw milk, most of the cream poured off
10-14 oz OJ
1 drop tocovit
5-10K IU Vit D3/k2
3 drops energin

large coffee on the way to work with raw sugar or honey, some of the cream from the raw milk

Lunch: (this is pretty much every day M-F)
1/3 lb 93/7 grass fed ground beef
1/4 oz liver
Mashed potatoes with butter and cream cheese healthy dose of sea salt, sometimes white rice
2 oz cheese (whatever kind I have on hand)
1 whole medium organic carrot
1 baby aspirin
3 drops energin

Pre gym M,W, F, late afternoon
Peat Jello (my nickname for it) consists of ingredients below (roughly 500 cal, 380 mg calcium, 880 mg potassium, 22 g protein, 100 grams carb/simple sugar)
Knox unflavored gelatin
Orange juice
Sweetened condensed milk
coffee with raw sugar or honey, some of the cream from the raw milk
3 drops energin

Dinner varies:
Usually 5-7 oz protein, from (Beef, lamb, shrimp, oysters, chicken breast sources vary)
fruit, it varies based on what's on hand
sometimes starch (rice or potatoes)
Glass of raw milk (most of cream poured off)

1-2 hours before bed:
1 pint Haagen Dazs usually chocolate, sometimes vanilla, rum raisin, vanilla chocolate chip
1 drop tocovit
4 drops mitolipin

before bed occasionally 2-3 days a week 1-2 drops oxidal

Last edited:

Jennifer

Today I had:

Breakfast: 1 L of raw goat’s milk and a 1 lb (454 g) fruit bowl—apricots, bananas, figs, strawberries and white peaches
Snack: 4 white chocolate covered sukkari dates and 1 L of Thai coconut water
Lunch: A 1 L wild black raspberry and coconut milk ice cream shake, 1 soft-boiled egg and 1 lb (454 g) of grapes
Snack: 1.7 oz (48 g) of freeze-dried mango and 1 L of Thai coconut water
Dinner: 1 L of raw goat’s milk, 6 sukkari dates and 1 lb (454 g) of honeydew melon
Snack: 2.5 oz (71 g) of freeze-dried red dragon fruit chips

Vileplume

Today I had:

Breakfast: 1 L of raw goat’s milk and a 1 lb (454 g) fruit bowl—apricots, bananas, figs, strawberries and white peaches
Snack: 4 white chocolate covered sukkari dates and 1 L of Thai coconut water
Lunch: A 1 L wild black raspberry and coconut milk ice cream shake, 1 soft-boiled egg and 1 lb (454 g) of grapes
Snack: 1.7 oz (48 g) of freeze-dried mango and 1 L of Thai coconut water
Dinner: 1 L of raw goat’s milk, 6 sukkari dates and 1 lb (454 g) of honeydew melon
Snack: 2.5 oz (71 g) of freeze-dried red dragon fruit chips
That sounds so delicious! Jennifer, do you have any tips for finding ripe fruit? Since you live in New England and still find ripe fruit, I imagine that there must be some around me in California — I just can’t find it.

Also, you may have linked to it somewhere else, but which coconut water do you find treats you the best?

Last edited:

Rafe

Total for today:
2 quarts raw cow milk, most fat skimmed
12oz frozen concentrated oj, mixed with the milk
Fresh squeezed mandarin juice 8 oz
1/2 cup smashed potatoes with butter & cheese + 1 scrambled egg + salt
2 strongish coffees
5 tablespoons sugar
Teaspoon salt, pinch potassium, pinch magnesium in water

Narrow on variety, but I do that every couple of days. It’s just adequate protein, for now.

About 3 times a week: 3 oz meat with salt, or seafood (sea bass, ocean perch, tuna), coke, chocolate. No good fruit where I am now.

loess

Breakfast:
16 orange juice (fresh squeezed) + pinch of potassium bitartrate (cream of tartar)
2 eggs, soft-boiled
1 cup white button mushrooms with melted butter mixed in
16 oz Kalona Supernatural milk, most of the fat skimmed off

Lunch:
16 oz milk
Cooked apples with 2 tablespoons sugar + salt sprinkled on top
Lamb necks

Dinner:
16 oz milk + honey
16 oz orange juice
12 wild red Argentine shrimp (Costco brand, cooked from frozen)
2 oz Parmigiano Reggiano cheese

Bed:
6 oz Kalona Supernatural heavy cream
16 oz orange juice + salt + cream of tartar
2 tablespoons sugar

supplements: 35 drops Energin, 250mg allithiamine (Thiamax), Pansterone + Androsterone, epsom salt bath, 3 drops 10-methoxy-harmalan

Curious what other Peat supporters are eating
every day is different for me - sometimes I eat one meal a day and sometimes multiple. here is a typical multiple.
am coffee ( drip or espresso ) dark roast with half and half and lots of sugar -
next coffee same but with a butter croissant and or some kind of butter pastry ( when i am eating gluten , sometimes i dont )
lunch - pineapple juice , sourdough , eggs. cheese, some kind of bacon or ham
afternoon - a milkshake , usually choc or strawberry
after afternoon - a small cup of coffee
early dinner - small salad ( tuna ) or sandwich or something random like baked potatoes with sour cream/ cheese ...

Jennifer

That sounds so delicious! Jennifer, do you have any tips for finding ripe fruit? Since you live in New England and still find ripe fruit, I imagine that there must be some around me in California — I just can’t find it.

Also, you may have linked to it somewhere else, but which coconut water do you find treats you the best?

Hi Tyler! Definitely. I increased my carbs and decreased my protein to resolve some sleep issues I had developed in the fall and I’ve really been enjoying all the fruit. Wild berries grow on my family’s property and the rest of my fruit comes from local farms and markets, regular supermarket chains and online. When I find good fruit, I buy extra to freeze to have when it’s scarce. If you have an Asian/ethnic market near you, they’re often a good source for fruit. We have a huge Asian market in the city that sells a variety of tropicals like cherimoya, dragon fruit, mangosteen and Thai bananas (nam wah—my favorite).

I get the majority of my oranges and grapes from Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. For oranges, they carry some good heirlooms and the Sumo variety and for grapes, they carry the Grapery brand (Grapery) and harder to find varieties like pink muscat, carnival, gum drop and moon drops. Another option for sourcing fruit is buying in bulk direct from wholesalers. When I was part of the fruitarian community years back, there were people living in areas like Boston, LA and NYC who bought their fruit in bulk from the same wholesalers that restaurateurs and other business owners buy their produce from.

I like and tolerate the Symbiosis brand (Symbiosis – Truly Raw Coconut Water) of coconut water best but with the cost of shipping, it’s too expensive for me to make it my sole source so I supplement it with Harmless Harvest (I get the 32 oz bottles at Walmart for $9) and Trader Joe’s coconut water in the refrigerated section. I try to save these for my log so that my posts don’t become too overwhelming for you guys but just in case this might be helpful, here are some of my online sources for fruit:

Fresh fruit:

https://www.localharvest.org

Fresh fruit | Etsy

Miami Fruit

Fruits N Rootz - Tropical Fruit Delivered To Your Door

Tropical Fruit Box | Order Tropical & Exotic Fruits | Free Shipping

Dates:

USA Shop | 7HOTDATES

The Date People | PO Box 808 Niland, CA 92257, 760-359-3211<br />[email protected]

Fresh Medjool Dates and More from Dateland Date Gardens

Fresh dates | Etsy

Amazon.com

Frozen berries:

All Berries

Freeze-dried fruit:

Freeze-Dried Fruits

Freeze Dried Fruit at NorthBayTrading.com - Free Shipping Over $99

Freeze Dried Fruit | Nuts.com

Vileplume

Hi Tyler! Definitely. I increased my carbs and decreased my protein to resolve some sleep issues I had developed in the fall and I’ve really been enjoying all the fruit. Wild berries grow on my family’s property and the rest of my fruit comes from local farms and markets, regular supermarket chains and online. When I find good fruit, I buy extra to freeze to have when it’s scarce. If you have an Asian/ethnic market near you, they’re often a good source for fruit. We have a huge Asian market in the city that sells a variety of tropicals like cherimoya, dragon fruit, mangosteen and Thai bananas (nam wah—my favorite).

I get the majority of my oranges and grapes from Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. For oranges, they carry some good heirlooms and the Sumo variety and for grapes, they carry the Grapery brand (Grapery) and harder to find varieties like pink muscat, carnival, gum drop and moon drops. Another option for sourcing fruit is buying in bulk direct from wholesalers. When I was part of the fruitarian community years back, there were people living in areas like Boston, LA and NYC who bought their fruit in bulk from the same wholesalers that restaurateurs and other business owners buy their produce from.

I like and tolerate the Symbiosis brand (Symbiosis – Truly Raw Coconut Water) of coconut water best but with the cost of shipping, it’s too expensive for me to make it my sole source so I supplement it with Harmless Harvest (I get the 32 oz bottles at Walmart for $9) and Trader Joe’s coconut water in the refrigerated section. I try to save these for my log so that my posts don’t become too overwhelming for you guys but just in case this might be helpful, here are some of my online sources for fruit:

Fresh fruit:

https://www.localharvest.org

Fresh fruit | Etsy

Miami Fruit

Fruits N Rootz - Tropical Fruit Delivered To Your Door

Tropical Fruit Box | Order Tropical & Exotic Fruits | Free Shipping

Dates:

USA Shop | 7HOTDATES

The Date People | PO Box 808 Niland, CA 92257, 760-359-3211<br />[email protected]

Fresh Medjool Dates and More from Dateland Date Gardens

Fresh dates | Etsy

Amazon.com

Frozen berries:

All Berries

Freeze-dried fruit:

Freeze-Dried Fruits

Freeze Dried Fruit at NorthBayTrading.com - Free Shipping Over $99

Freeze Dried Fruit | Nuts.com
I agree with @Rafe, such an information-dense comment! Thanks Jennifer. As we talked about a few months ago, I've been struggling with sleep issues too, and ripe fruit calms my gut and nervous system better than anything else. Juice is great, but something about whole fruit has an especially stabilizing effect. I will check out those resources and my local markets to see what I can find. You've been such a helpful resource on this forum.

Jennifer

My pleasure, @Rafe and @Vileplume. :)

Tyler, have you tried cutting back on the protein even from dairy? I ask because for a brief period I was without a source of goat’s milk due to the farm not milking the goats in the fall and winter months, and I ended up taking in far less protein and within the first couple of days was sleeping through the night. I find if I cap my intake at 2 liters of milk and an egg or a couple of ounces of cheese, my sleep isn’t disturbed. I suspect I was able to tolerate so much protein because it was summer, but my cholesterol level is too low to safely up my thyroid dose to compensate for the winter. And I agree with you. Juice is great, and I still juice the majority of my fruit, but whole fruit is stabilizing and more satisfying IMO. It’s why I rarely juiced my fruit while fruitarian and got myself into a pickle with all that fiber.

Rafe

I agree with that @Jennifer & it doesn’t get enough attention. Last year I was getting food comas that were a bit scary.

I was drinking protein fortified, pasteurized milk. I was getting about 100 - 125g/day.

I shifted protein down & did better on just adequate protein for a while. I recalled that RP had noted that protein stimulates insulin.

Now, I’m coming out of a short period of not eating enough protein at the adequate amount.

Constant adjustment. And I’m slow to adjust.:|

Vileplume

My pleasure, @Rafe and @Vileplume. :)

Tyler, have you tried cutting back on the protein even from dairy? I ask because for a brief period I was without a source of goat’s milk due to the farm not milking the goats in the fall and winter months, and I ended up taking in far less protein and within the first couple of days was sleeping through the night. I find if I cap my intake at 2 liters of milk and an egg or a couple of ounces of cheese, my sleep isn’t disturbed. I suspect I was able to tolerate so much protein because it was summer, but my cholesterol level is too low to safely up my thyroid dose to compensate for the winter. And I agree with you. Juice is great, and I still juice the majority of my fruit, but whole fruit is stabilizing and more satisfying IMO. It’s why I rarely juiced my fruit while fruitarian and got myself into a pickle with all that fiber.
Thanks for that idea Jennifer. Hmm, no I have not tried reducing my protein yet, but that’s an interesting idea. If I had more fruit around that I tolerate and digest well, I would make that change, but right now I’m nervous to swap milk for fruit because I digest milk better than anything else. The other protein sources I have are eggs and occasionally meat. Maybe I could up my OJ—that seems to be the ripest fruit right now. Do you think increasing OJ consumption, paired with cutting meat and eggs, could work? I notice that you consume a variety of fruit, but so far I can only find good OJ around me.

My diet would become mostly OJ and milk, maybe with some berries and stone fruit here and there, if I can find it. Since I still want to feature milk, I’d cut out eggs and meat. Milk would be my only protein, maybe an egg every other day. Personally I would enjoy this diet a lot. I guess I’m just nervous that it would lack solids.

It’s worth mentioning that I’ve randomly got very good sleep on a few select nights. One instance was when I visited my sister on a trip and consumed mostly milk, sugar, eggs, and some grapes. The trip was in San Diego, so perhaps the tropical climate increased my metabolism temporarily, mimicking summer. That could explain why I tolerated protein well then.

Rafe

When most of my calories are coming from milk & frozen concentrated oj, coffee, sugar, that is very narrow. That wouldn’t be great for a person who would have a hard time adding in more foods as they become ripe & available.

I don’t have a problem with that. I enjoy food, but I also have a pretty utilitarian view of it. “Give me that big, hot brain, you nutritional gold mine!” As I slurp it all down & keep going.

Also, it’s inexpensive.

Jennifer

I agree with that @Jennifer & it doesn’t get enough attention. Last year I was getting food comas that were a bit scary.

I was drinking protein fortified, pasteurized milk. I was getting about 100 - 125g/day.

I shifted protein down & did better on just adequate protein for a while. I recalled that RP had noted that protein stimulates insulin.

Now, I’m coming out of a short period of not eating enough protein at the adequate amount.

Constant adjustment. And I’m slow to adjust.:|

I’m very sorry to hear you were dealing with food comas. They really are terrible. I haven’t always been quick to adjust, myself, so I get it and can relate to your experience. It wasn’t until I started following a fruitarian diet and saw symptoms, including food comas, resolve that I realized how severe my hypoglycemia was. I still can’t have much meat, and to a lesser extent starch, without crashing my blood sugars, but it has improved since I began supplementing thyroid. Out of curiosity, may I ask what your current sweet spot is for protein? The amount in 2 quarts of skimmed milk, an egg, some cheese and whatever keto acids are in the potatoes, OJ and mandarin juice?

Thanks for that idea Jennifer. Hmm, no I have not tried reducing my protein yet, but that’s an interesting idea. If I had more fruit around that I tolerate and digest well, I would make that change, but right now I’m nervous to swap milk for fruit because I digest milk better than anything else. The other protein sources I have are eggs and occasionally meat. Maybe I could up my OJ—that seems to be the ripest fruit right now. Do you think increasing OJ consumption, paired with cutting meat and eggs, could work? I notice that you consume a variety of fruit, but so far I can only find good OJ around me.

My diet would become mostly OJ and milk, maybe with some berries and stone fruit here and there, if I can find it. Since I still want to feature milk, I’d cut out eggs and meat. Milk would be my only protein, maybe an egg every other day. Personally I would enjoy this diet a lot. I guess I’m just nervous that it would lack solids.

It’s worth mentioning that I’ve randomly got very good sleep on a few select nights. One instance was when I visited my sister on a trip and consumed mostly milk, sugar, eggs, and some grapes. The trip was in San Diego, so perhaps the tropical climate increased my metabolism temporarily, mimicking summer. That could explain why I tolerated protein well then.

You’re welcome, Tyler. I don’t blame you for being nervous to swap milk for fruit. I do think increasing your OJ consumption, paired with cutting out meat and eggs could work, sure. It’s certainly worth a shot. You could even try ditching meat and just the egg whites and see how you do with the yolks? Along with the extra nutrition they provide, custard can be made with the yolks, providing a semi-solid food in your diet. You could also make cheese out of some of your milk using vinegar or rennet. It’s actually quite simple to make.

As for the variety of fruits I consume, it has to do with availability. I can’t get the majority of my favorite fruits in the quantities I need to meet my caloric needs so my diet is simply a reflection of whatever fruits I have on hand. It’s a little of this and a little of that. I’m actually a quality over quantity kind of person and only truly enjoy a limited variety of fruits. It’s the same with food in general. I prefer eating simply. It’s one of the main reasons why I can go months on one type of food without going completely mad.

I can see both the diet and environment being a factor in your sleep quality while visiting your sister. Even who we’re with can be a factor, IME, especially those we’re sharing a bed with. I believe we all give off an energy and my best sleep happened while sharing a bed with dogs that slept on my head and kicked me in the ribs and a cat that went after my feet, because the energy they gave off was so healing. My sleep hasn’t been the same since their passings.

“Give me that big, hot brain, you nutritional gold mine!” As I slurp it all down & keep going.

Haha! Sounds about right. I live to eat, but I also eat to live. For me, one without the other leads to suboptimal health.

Vileplume

I agree with both of you, @Rafe and @Jennifer that for a food selection to really work, it needs to be enjoyable and proper fuel, which is difficult to find. Luckily, after coming from carnivore when I didn’t know if I’d eat sweet food again, juice and milk taste like gifts from heaven. I don’t feel restricted eating just juice, milk, cheese, ice cream, coffee, and soon the custard that @Jennifer mentioned.

I once listened to a Danny Roddy interview where he said something like “I would eat nothing but tree bark if I knew it was good for me,” or something along those lines, and I totally related because when you’ve felt really bad or had chronic inflammation, you would do anything to avoid going back there. Mental and physical functioning comes first, before all else. And luckily, in the case of fruit, the taste directly parallels the digestibility and positive impact in most cases.

Today I’ve upped my OJ (perfect timing because it’s sweet at Costco, no bitterness) and decreased my protein sources. This will be a fun experiment over the next few days.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals