What have you ate or are going to eat today?

-Luke-

Today I had:

Breakfast: 1 L of raw goat’s milk and a 1 lb (454 g) fruit bowl—apricots, bananas, figs, strawberries and white peaches
Snack: 4 white chocolate covered sukkari dates and 1 L of Thai coconut water
Lunch: A 1 L wild black raspberry and coconut milk ice cream shake, 1 soft-boiled egg and 1 lb (454 g) of grapes
Snack: 1.7 oz (48 g) of freeze-dried mango and 1 L of Thai coconut water
Dinner: 1 L of raw goat’s milk, 6 sukkari dates and 1 lb (454 g) of honeydew melon
Snack: 2.5 oz (71 g) of freeze-dried red dragon fruit chips
Sigh, I wish I would tolerate milk more and had better access to ripe fruit. That sounds like a great nutrition (insert picture of Homer Simpson salivating here).

ursidae

I live 10 degrees shy of the arctic circle at the moment and once winter hit me starting the day with watermelon became less and less tempting. After I wake up and put on my 4 layers of clothes I have breakfast of well cooked oatmeal sprinkled with cinnamon and some chopped up dates thrown in there. I wish I was a tropical islander that feasts on mangoes but to survive here I need that warm sludge

Last edited:

Jennifer

I agree with both of you, @Rafe and @Jennifer that for a food selection to really work, it needs to be enjoyable and proper fuel, which is difficult to find. Luckily, after coming from carnivore when I didn’t know if I’d eat sweet food again, juice and milk taste like gifts from heaven. I don’t feel restricted eating just juice, milk, cheese, ice cream, coffee, and soon the custard that @Jennifer mentioned.

I once listened to a Danny Roddy interview where he said something like “I would eat nothing but tree bark if I knew it was good for me,” or something along those lines, and I totally related because when you’ve felt really bad or had chronic inflammation, you would do anything to avoid going back there. Mental and physical functioning comes first, before all else. And luckily, in the case of fruit, the taste directly parallels the digestibility and positive impact in most cases.

Today I’ve upped my OJ (perfect timing because it’s sweet at Costco, no bitterness) and decreased my protein sources. This will be a fun experiment over the next few days.

LOL It’s funny Danny said that. In my many past rants to God/the universe while trying to heal, I said “Short of consuming nothing but tree bark, I’ve tried every possible diet I can think of.” Do I need to go on the cinnamon diet?! Because I’ll do it!” For me, this stemmed from limited beliefs and a no pain, no gain mentality that I had unknowingly adopted from my family, society and life experiences. It was the belief that success, if even possible to achieve, meant struggle and sacrifice and in this particular case, that I had to earn health. The idea that I could have both delicious food and optimal health, and with ease, seemed like something out of a fairytale.

I hope upping the OJ (Yay, for sweet OJ!) and lowering the protein helps. I’m keeping my digits crossed!

Sigh, I wish I would tolerate milk more and had better access to ripe fruit. That sounds like a great nutrition (insert picture of Homer Simpson salivating here).

I wish you tolerated milk more and had better access to ripe fruit, too. :( So many of us here seem to share this in common. It took me a decade to tolerate dairy again and even then, I only do well with raw goat/A2 certified dairy, which is a bit more challenging for me to find.

I live 10 degrees shy of the arctic circle at the moment and once winter hit me starting the day with watermelon became less and less tempting. After I wake up and put on my 4 layers of clothes I have breakfast of well cooked oatmeal sprinkled with cinnamon and some chopped up dates thrown in there. I wish I was a tropical islander that feasts on mangoes but to survive here I need that warm sludge

I can understand that. I live in a state bordering Canada so having watermelon in the winter can be pretty brutal here. If starch didn’t crash my blood sugars and leave me freezing and needing to pee frequently, I’d have crêpes with lots of butter and maple syrup, and cornbread, and not cornbread made with masa flour but pellagra inducing cornmeal. lol Fry it on both sides in some butter and top it with honey…yum! I rarely crave starch nowadays but on the rare occasions I do, those are the ones I crave.

Last edited:

Rafe

I come to this thread when I’m just in the verge of getting hungry.

“Oh my god, I have to go make that right now!”

@ursidae
Just ate a bowl of oatmeal & raised it in your general direction.

-Luke-

I wish you tolerated milk more and had better access to ripe fruit, too. :( So many of us here seem to share this in common. It took me a decade to tolerate dairy again and even then, I only do well with raw goat/A2 certified dairy, which is a bit more challenging for me to find.
I tolerate A2 (goat) milk a bit better than cow's milk, but too much still gives me acne, a stuffy nose and a few other minor problems. Never tried raw milk, though. It's basically impossible to get raw milk in Germany. Fruits are hit-and-miss. I love mangoes, melons or nectarines, but most of the ones from the supermarket can be used as wrecking balls.

To contribute something to the topic of the thread, yesterday I had:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, glass of tangerine juice, one boiled/stewed apple with some honey and cinnamon, 50g dark chocolate, gelatin
Lunch: 250g ground beef with onions and garlic, coffee with some goat milk, gelatin and honey, ~350g apple sauce, handful dried dates
Dinner: 5 medium potatoes, butter, shrimps, glass grape juice
Snack before bed: glass tangerine juice, teaspoon honey, small (150g) greek yoghurt

Sometimes some dates or chocolate in between

I tolerate A2 (goat) milk a bit better than cow's milk, but too much still gives me acne, a stuffy nose and a few other minor problems. Never tried raw milk, though. It's basically impossible to get raw milk in Germany. Fruits are hit-and-miss. I love mangoes, melons or nectarines, but most of the ones from the supermarket can be used as wrecking balls.

To contribute something to the topic of the thread, yesterday I had:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, glass of tangerine juice, one boiled/stewed apple with some honey and cinnamon, 50g dark chocolate, gelatin
Lunch: 250g ground beef with onions and garlic, coffee with some goat milk, gelatin and honey, ~350g apple sauce, handful dried dates
Dinner: 5 medium potatoes, butter, shrimps, glass grape juice
Snack before bed: glass tangerine juice, teaspoon honey, small (150g) greek yoghurt

Sometimes some dates or chocolate in between
Where do you live ?
You can maybe try to call producers to sell raw milk to you personally, anyway it doesn't seem to be illegal in Germany, I think I saw some during my "stay" in Cologne.
Otherwise, if you are close to the border you can go to France, I also know that the tram crosses the border and that Strasbourg is connected to several cities in Germany.
Raw dairy products are easily accessible here including milk, most organic stores in Strasbourg ("Biocoop") sell raw A2 milk. (if it is available because they are bought a lot)

-Luke-

Where do you live ?
You can maybe try to call producers to sell raw milk to you personally, anyway it doesn't seem to be illegal in Germany, I think I saw some during my "stay" in Cologne.
Otherwise, if you are close to the border you can go to France, I also know that the tram crosses the border and that Strasbourg is connected to several cities in Germany.
Raw dairy products are easily accessible here including milk, most organic stores in Strasbourg ("Biocoop") sell raw A2 milk. (if it is available because they are bought a lot)
I live in Koblenz (was part of France at the end of the 18th/beginning of the 19th century.). Not thaaaaaat far away from France, but too far away to buy milk. It's not exactly illegal, but sales are restricted and conditional. You may be able to buy raw milk directly from the producer. There is also "Vorzugsmilch", which is pretty much the same as raw milk, but as far as I know it's more a thing in Bavaria.

The only A2 cow's milk I ever saw was in the Netherlands at Albert Heiijn (normal supermarket). That was delicious.

I live in Koblenz (was part of France at the end of the 18th/beginning of the 19th century.). Not thaaaaaat far away from France, but too far away to buy milk. It's not exactly illegal, but sales are restricted and conditional. You may be able to buy raw milk directly from the producer. There is also "Vorzugsmilch", which is pretty much the same as raw milk, but as far as I know it's more a thing in Bavaria.

The only A2 cow's milk I ever saw was in the Netherlands at Albert Heiijn (normal supermarket). That was delicious.
Honestly I find the taste quite overpriced, I prefer cheese. Or I prefer to drink sheep / goat's milk.

Apple

Now, how did I miss that?

@BiduleMachin Richard Overton: canned soup, cigars, whiskey, ice cream, & girlfriend. 115 years old.
Richard Overton - "putting a little bourbon in your morning coffee is “like medicine”".
I'm going to try that

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals