What Has Improved Your Looks?

Endew

Looking to improve my looks (Face,bone,hair, and body). I strongly believe if one looks good one feels good.

AnonE

Invisalign/braces without a doubt. Wider face, better smile, higher cheekbones, stronger jaw.

I think vitamin K2 has been complimentary as well.

Ashoka

I haven’t done this for years, but when I first starting Peating uninhibitedly and eating a lot of calories, my skin looked incredible. I’m naturally on the skinny side. I was extremely ill at the time and deeply depressed, but I looked well. And I was smoking at the time. I was eating liver once a week, shellfish a couple times a week, lots of milk, OJ, fruit, cheese, and ice cream. I wouldn’t eat exactly like that now, but it did affect my appearance. I think I may have been taking things like aspirin and vitamin k, taurine, and magnesium, but I had no idea what I was doing. Just thought I’d chime in.

X3CyO

Boiled/pressure cooked starch when it comes to muscular strength, and then compound lifts. Some sort of sport or martial art is great too.

Not drinking a lot of coffee, or eating so much cacao unless during the AM. low amounts or none before a workout. Not using tons of sugar prior to exercise.

Not using dairy products. (Acne trigger)

Sleep at least 7 1/2 hours a night.

Be a day person rather than a night person; getting adequate sun.

I think overusing metabolism stimulating things did help at first, but quickly became a crutch and am better off without them. keep them for rest days.

RobertJM

Gelatin
Preg
Prog

Cacao butter (just for moisture of skin)

Iodine (in small sporadic doses)

Diatomaceous earth (it contains silica which, according to people who aren’t Ray Peat, is a compound that is beneficial for the skin; I think Peat considers it a digestive toxin/troublemaker). I don’t take DE at all really. I just noticed the effects on my skin.

Cacao nibs/nut/powder - cacao contains sulphur (not sure if that is the beneficial component, but I’m sure I read that somewhere).

Losing water weight/detoxing estrogen seems to have a positive facelift effect. This could be the main thing out of everything that a person can try actually. Getting estrogen out is going to benefit everything.

To be fair, there are probably lots of other supplements that can also help in this area.

I know it isn’t exactly ‘manly’ to talk about this subject, but I consider it an important thing to factor in. I think the quality of your skin says a lot about your health.

Gluten free. It can take weeks for your body to get over the gluten so if you’re going to try it you need to try it for at least a month or two.

Cut out every excipient or undesirable ingredient that you still tolerate. It will make a massive difference. Things like little bits of glucose syrup. You don’t realise what it does to you until you cut it out, and after a week you notice your face is slender and glowing.

Plenty of sleep. This just goes without saying.

aquaman

Losing weight

Lose FAT, build muscle. Below 15% body fat, the face looks much better. Plus the androgens from strength training.

Edit: keep a decent suntan level as someone else said. Makes a HUGE difference to attractiveness.

Waremu

Zinc (mainly from oysters), Vitamin K2 (with A and D of course), gelatin, red light/sun, deep sleep, and raw milk have had the biggest impacts on me. Also plenty of fruits.

Last edited:

Arnold Grape

I haven’t done this for years, but when I first starting Peating uninhibitedly and eating a lot of calories, my skin looked incredible. I’m naturally on the skinny side. I was extremely ill at the time and deeply depressed, but I looked well. And I was smoking at the time. I was eating liver once a week, shellfish a couple times a week, lots of milk, OJ, fruit, cheese, and ice cream. I wouldn’t eat exactly like that now, but it did affect my appearance. I think I may have been taking things like aspirin and vitamin k, taurine, and magnesium, but I had no idea what I was doing. Just thought I’d chime in.
What made you stop eating this diet?

I don't think glucose syrup would be that bad. I mean real sugar would be better, but I don't think this would be that offensive.

That’s what I thought mate. Maybe it’s an individual thing for me, but I look much much better when I’m really strict with stuff like that. I didn’t realise much I cheated on tiny things until I was really hard with myself. It’s hard to live a normal life avoiding it all the time and get enough calories, but worth it when you see yourself in the mirror. As I say, maybe I’m just very sensitive to it.

Dave Clark

I made a a topical face cream out of progesterone, about 15 to 18 drops progesteronw (liquid from Health Natura) with cacao butter and coconut oil, about 1 . oz cacao and 3 oz cocnut oil. It is actually the only face cream that I have used in the past 30 years that I could actually see and feel a difference.

Jon

Letting go of having to control everything in your life all the time and so meticulously.

Easing up on controlling every variable in my life and health was one of the first things that made me feel better and I noticed my face looked better after a couple months of adopting a consistent accuracy over perfection attitude towards things.

Ashoka

What made you stop eating this diet?

At the time I ran out of money to support the way I was eating. I was also too careful in the beginning and was too strict about food being “perfect” or high quality. My condition has become complicated since then in the sense I started having digestive trouble first (severe acid reflux and a hiatal hernia-like condition), and then physical pain from eating after Lyme disease.

I forgot to mention I was also getting quite a bit of sunlight and just used coconut oil and water on my skin. I also used some rather delux facial cleansers and products for a time, but I obviously don’t believe that’s what caused the differences.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals