What Happens To Fruit When We Cook Them?

postman

What changes occur? Does the fiber change? Soluble/fermantable fiber vs insoluble/fermentable fiber, is there any change there? Starch turns into sugar? Do you personally think cooked fruit is more easily digested?

Last edited:

TeaRex14

I guess it depends on what fruits you're talking about. I find cooking apples and pears makes them more digestible, their fiber becomes more tolerable.

postman

I guess it depends on what fruits you're talking about. I find cooking apples and pears makes them more digestible, their fiber becomes more tolerable.
Interesting. I seem to have a problem digesting fruit fiber (and fermentable fiber in general) but I haven't tried having it cooked yet.

TeaRex14

Interesting. I seem to have a problem digesting fruit fiber (and fermentable fiber in general) but I haven't tried having it cooked yet.
Yeah I think the problem is probably related to the fact most of our fruits are shelf ripened and not tree ripened. Ray has spoken about this before. Papayas, mangoes, guavas, kiwi, grapes, cherries, blueberries, raspberries, melons, and OJ seem to digest fine for me in their raw state. Apples, pears, strawberries, and bananas need cooking. So you may need to play around with different fruits, see which ones digest the best for you.

aquaman

Bump. Does cooked under-ripe fruit still feed bad bacteria?

Definitely make it easier. I find eg leaving u ripened pears or kiwi fruit for 2-3 days after buying, helps to ripen them. Then may stew them a bit after if still needed, with a bit of added sugar

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L What Will You All Do If Something Happens To The Food Supply? Society 156
maillol What Happens To FFA While Taking Mildronate/Meldonium? Pharmaceutical Drugs 28
SOMO What Happens If A Woman Takes Testosterone/DHT/Anavar/AAS? Ask For Help or Advice 3
gilson d dantas What Happens With Excess Of T3? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 51
K What Happens On An All Meat Diet? Ask For Help or Advice 113
R What Happens After Prolonged Consumption Of 5a-Reductase Lowering Substances? Experiments 16
S What Happens To Fish Oil In The Body? Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 1
Luann What Happens During Fast PUFA Loss Studies? Scientific Studies 3
raypeatclips What Happens To Me After 8pm In Foreign Country? Ask For Help or Advice 33
ecstatichamster What Happens When A Type Two Diabetic Follows Peat Ideas And Eats A Lot Of Sugar Blood Sugar 130
Peata What Happens If You Take Atp? Supplements 6
S What happens when you expose a generation of kids to high lead levels? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 6
S Spectral Analysis in Ear Happens by Design, No Extra Energy Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Michael Mohn Does serotonin in fruit raise serotonin blood levels? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 5
G Carbs—sugar, starch and fruit causing pimples Diet, Recipes 8
Atma 81 Year Old Woman Ate Fruit and Milk Diet for 27 Years Milk 58
Ben Stone Black Sapote ("Chocolate Pudding Fruit") > feedback on this most interesting Mexican fruit? Fruits & Fruit Juice 0
V Meat with fruit Diet 4
C Cordyceps militaris Fruit Body Extract increases testosterone and DHT secretion Scientific Studies 46
Hgreen56 Pasta Scores Lower Insulin Index Than Fruit Diet 13
ursidae Effects Of Fruit On Your Mental State Fruits 32
J Nervous/Anxious Energy After Eating Fruit - Blood Sugar Issues? Blood Sugar 9
Recoen Hypoglycemia With Fruit Blood Sugar 88
Brundle Would The Optimal Peat Diet Be Mostly Raw Animal Products And Fruit? Diet 38
Hans Fruit Juice And Triglycerides Articles & Scientific Studies 14
Sefton10 Fruit Supplementation Reduces Indices Of Exercise-induced Muscle Damage: A Systematic Review And Met Exercise 0
C Noni Fruit Diet 1
Gadreel Feeling Congested After Drinking A Fruit Smoothie Diet 15
Jamesu How Important Is Fruit In Slowing Hairloss? Ask For Help or Advice 0
K How’s A Meat, Egg And Fruit Juice Diet? Ask For Help or Advice 9
Tarmander Fruit Intermittent Fasting Discussing Dietary Models 34
gately Is There Anything Wrong With Combining Fruit And Meat? Diet, Recipes 25
A The Fruit -fructose Dillema Regarding Collagen ? Health 14
Such_Umami Fruit Causes Adrenaline Energy And Starch Produces Serotonin Energy Ask For Help or Advice 4
Lokzo Kiwi Fruit = Highly SEROTONIN Boosting? Fruits & Fruit Juice 16
GreekDemiGod Not Doing Well On High Fruit | Juice Intake Diet 45
Inaut How To Lose Stubborn Body Fat With A High Fruit Diet Fruits 3
D Savory Fruit Recipes 2
M Fruit Juit Remove Fats Diet 19
Cgj1 Tocovit V Botanical Craft - Palm Fruit Supplements 3
T Fruit's Impacts On The Liver Fruits 5
G Are There Any Concerns About Dried Fruit? Fruits 25
D Problems With Fruit Diet 9
A Rheumatoid Arthritis Managed With Fruit And Protein Diet Testimonials 84
Highserotonin90 I Don't Understand, We Should Eliminate Fruit Because Of Salicylate Toxic ? Fruits 2
Runenight201 Fruit And Sugar Sweets, Snacks 7
F So Pufas Free And More Fruit Is The Way To Go Diet, Recipes 25
Runenight201 Fruit Syrup In Canned Fruit Beverages, Fruits, Sugars 2
jzeno Fruit Juice Jello Recipes 5
JustAGuy Question For People Who Thrive On Fruit Diet 34