What Happens To FFA While Taking Mildronate/Meldonium?

Broken man

@Broken man

It's from this study [Biochemical characteristics of the anti-ischemic action of the new structural analog of gamma-butyrobetaine 3-(2,2,2,-trimethylhydrazine)propionate]. - PubMed - NCBI

That is an interesting study you posted above too.

"The higher triacylglycerol content found in liver tissue and plasma corresponds to what has previously been observed with other situations of carnitine deficiency [7-8, lo]. It seems obvious that the decrease in hepatic carnitine concentration unbalanced the fatty acid partition between the esterification and oxidation pathways in favour of the former pathway and the very low density lipoprotein formation. "

Sounds like it caused fatty liver and increased VLDL.
Both studies I posted found no change about liver histology or weight.

OP
maillol

maillol

I tried it the last couple of days. 250mg in the morning with breakfast. I don't think it's for me at the moment until I improve my liver health but here are some observations.
  • My temperature is normally around 36.2 and goes up to 36.8 after eating. On mildronate my temps went straight to 37 after eating but would soon drop to under 36 if I didn't maintain a steady intake of carbs. When I didn't eat enough I got very sleepy, a feeling I've not felt since adapting to keto years ago.
  • I noticed a clearer nose than normal and an improved sense of smell.
  • My face looked good. Very little water retention. Not that this is much of a problem for me normally but I noticed the difference.
  • 4 bowel movements a day.
  • Good libido.
  • I felt a sensation in my chest that I have felt before after taking thiamine and after doing Buteyko exercises. My guess is this is increased CO2 and I imagine it would go away after a period of adaptation. This was most intense for the first 3/4 hours. I would probably take it in smaller doses throughout the day if I tried it again.
So overall it was interesting. I stopped because I felt terrible when I woke up on the third day with a temp of 35.5 presumably because my glycogen was completely tanked and my body couldn't use fat as a backup. I'm not sure I would recommend it unless your liver is in good health and you have good glycogen stores.

Broken man

I tried it the last couple of days. 250mg in the morning with breakfast. I don't think it's for me at the moment until I improve my liver health but here are some observations.
  • My temperature is normally around 36.2 and goes up to 36.8 after eating. On mildronate my temps went straight to 37 after eating but would soon drop to under 36 if I didn't maintain a steady intake of carbs. When I didn't eat enough I got very sleepy, a feeling I've not felt since adapting to keto years ago.
  • My face looked good. Very little water retention. Not that this is much of a problem for me normally but I noticed the difference.
  • Good libido.
  • I felt a sensation in my chest that I have felt before after taking thiamine and after doing Buteyko exercises. My guess is this is increased CO2 and I imagine it would go away after a period of adaptation. This was most intense for the first 3/4 hours. I would probably take it in smaller doses throughout the day if I tried it again.
So overall it was interesting. I stopped because I felt terrible when I woke up on the third day with a temp of 35.5 presumably because my glycogen was completely tanked and my body couldn't use fat as a backup. I'm not sure I would recommend it unless your liver is in good health and you have good glycogen stores.
Will see when mine arrive. I read alot of experiences on reddit and only positives. I want to use it to lose some fat man.....

Broken man

• Good libido.
Also read this. Mildronate should help according to this but I didnt read it whole.
Role of the Adipocyte in Development of Type 2 Diabetes

OP
maillol

maillol

Also read this. Mildronate should help according to this but I didnt read it whole.
Role of the Adipocyte in Development of Type 2 Diabetes

It definitely feels like a huge boost in metabolism when taking it so I can see that it could help with weight loss. I couldn't open that link but is the gist that it improves liver health? I can imagine that being true as a result of improved metabolism but for me I found it difficult to keep that accelerated metabolism fuelled.

Vinny

Will see when mine arrive. I read alot of experiences on reddit and only positives. I want to use it to lose some fat man.....
Didn,t lose any fat on mildronate. But back then, I was eating carbs. Now, on carnivore/fat style, have no idea what it would do.

DrJ

Have you had your vitamin D level checked? And then after that maybe increase your intake if it's much below 50ng/dl? There's quite some evidence it improves sugar burning and helps diabetes and pre-diabetes:

https://vitamindwiki.com/Diabetes

I tested at 30ng/dl recently and began to up my dose to try to get near 50ng/dl which has resulted in noticeable weight loss while also becoming more hungry and eating more.

Recoen

There are inborn errors of metabolism related to carnitine deficiency that may be worth reading about.

LadyRae

Update??

My understanding is that mildronate lowers stress hormones, giving one a tired feeking if sugars are low. Pyrucet (Idealabs) does this to me, too.

I quit waking up in the night as soon as I started Pyrucet. In just the last couple days it finally clicked for me that free fatty acids in the blood are a stress signal in the body and this will lower the metabolism. We want to be burning sugar and keeping stress hormones low- this will free up the liver to glucuronidate fats.

Broken man

Update??

My understanding is that mildronate lowers stress hormones, giving one a tired feeking if sugars are low. Pyrucet (Idealabs) does this to me, too.

I quit waking up in the night as soon as I started Pyrucet. In just the last couple days it finally clicked for me that free fatty acids in the blood are a stress signal in the body and this will lower the metabolism. We want to be burning sugar and keeping stress hormones low- this will free up the liver to glucuronidate fats.
I was not feeling good while on mildronate but I still have it and will use it in the future.