What happens right after eating a meal?

Astolfo

which neurotransmitters or hormones are being changed in the span of 15 minutes after eating a meal? Asking because I always get fatigued after eating, and the cause is not reactive hypoglycemia if you were going to mention it.

Chophouse360

which neurotransmitters or hormones are being changed in the span of 15 minutes after eating a meal? Asking because I always get fatigued after eating, and the cause is not reactive hypoglycemia if you were going to mention it.
Digestion can zap energy

AlaskaJono

Blood flows to the stomach and digestive tract for the immediate time post prandial (eating). So the Italians and others then have an espresso after 15 + minutes after eating a meal (except for breakfast, espresso first!). Or a small coffee. Also one can have a fruit juice or fruit or dessert to give you a boost for that time of 'extra' blood flow to the stomach. I do not know the specific hormonal effects, except of course dark chocolate has been said to produce the same neurotransmitters as when "In Love". Cheers, hope that helps.

ThinPicking

@Astolfo are you drinking anything with or on top of your meals?

Digestion is elaborate beginning in the mouth, down the oesophagus and in to the proximal stomach. The middle of the stomach is supposed to contract and hold food in the proximal area while enzymatic compounds are secreted and antral contraction waves grind up the contents.

Korven

There are quite a few gut hormones/peptides and some of them are active in the CNS. For example cholecystokinin has been linked with anxiety.

"There are at least five hormones that aid and regulate the digestive system in mammals. There are variations across the vertebrates, as for instance in birds. Arrangements are complex and additional details are regularly discovered. For instance, more connections to metabolic control (largely the glucose-insulin system) have been uncovered in recent years.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals