What Happens On An All Meat Diet?

Richiebogie

Hi @Kartoffel

Nutritiondata has oranges at 4 to 1 Calcium to Magnesium, but you are right it has orange juice at 1 to 1!

I think the commercial OJ makers use shredders and enzymes to liquefy the pith and peel, so maybe there is a lot of magnesium in the peel...?

This is quite confusing though:

Food Composition Databases Show Nutrients List

Last edited:

Waremu

you aren't going bald drinking orange juice.. just forget it, honestly. there is no mechanism that would entail this. now, i know a lot of people are paranoid about milk, but i seriously doubt it could have this effect. you probably read somewhere that "milk makes you bald m8 better stop swiggin ; )" and now you have convinced yourself that every drop of milk takes a mm away from your hairline.

also lol, i seriously hope nobody on this forum is considering doing a carnivore diet. if you do it and you feel better on it, i can pretty much guarantee you that carbs weren't the problem in the first place but that you eliminated some other factor causing whatever you perceived to be ailing you. start from a peaty peaty type of diet and try eliminating one staple item at a time, then adding them back again, making note of any changes. an all-meat diet will never be optimal and will have severe hormonal consequences, literally regardless of who you are. that said, you can get away with it short-term and probably feel good, but over the long term there's just no way that it won't wreck you

Yeah, I am highly suspicious of that claim he made. That has not been my experience at all, Peating. I come from family where my dad began balding early and I went Peat just in time and not only stopped it, but reversed it. I think my shedding was at least partly thyroid related, but I drink A LOT of raw A-2 milk and fresh orange juice and my hair has improved and stopped shedding over the years. In fact, I regrew hair in the front of my head. I also massaged my scalp under warm water for increased blood flow while showering so I think that helped. I also reversed or healed my cavities by going strict Peat. I think the calcium to phosphorus ratio and low PUFA and favoring fruit over starch were the main determining factors in my hair and cavities healing. And I know this because I experimented by going heavy on starches over fruit (where the phis. to calcium ratio was bad) and my cavities came back. There was a direct cause and effect there it seems because when I went back, over the next year my cavities left again.

Waremu

I am a huge believer in fresh orange juice. It's so full of nutrients. I salt it up too. Great stuff. Feel and do best on it.

Kartoffel

Hi @Kartoffel

Nutritiondata has oranges at 4 to 1 Calcium to Magnesium, but you are right it has orange juice at 1 to 1!

I think the commercial OJ makers use shredders and enzymes to liquefy the pith and peel, so maybe there is a lot of magnesium in the peel...?

This is quite confusing though:

Food Composition Databases Show Nutrients List

Peat once warned about the possible use of these techniques, but I don't think anyone really uses these enzymes. I don't want to rule out the possibility, but it seems strange to me that oranges would have so much calcium compared to other tropical foods. Some sources do cite ~40mg of calcium for oranges, but that sounds very high - that's 1/3 the calcium in milk. I can't find any paper on the calcium content of fruits right now, to compare it with what these databases say...

Peater Piper

you aren't going bald drinking orange juice.. just forget it, honestly. there is no mechanism that would entail this.
Allergies and inflammation. Milk and orange juice are extremely convenient and nutritious, but they seem to be problematic foods for many people.

artist

I can't tolerate milk unless it's fermented, and I can't tolerate orange juice either (at least not well, unpasteurized is indeed far superior however). I had to find carb sources that work better for me. Doesn't mean Peat is wrong about the basics, or that "Peating" doesn't work for me better than anything I've tried so far, in the most sustainable manner so far. I've done an all meat diet before and felt amazing - for a while, I've done keto and marveled at certain benefits. Guess what, I've done fat free diets and experienced unusual amazing benefits there too. Removing a component of the diet does weird and wonderful things to the body sometimes. It gives your body a break from something, usually endotoxin. This is the honeymoon period. You rarely find someone who made that honeymoon period last more than 6 months (typically it's only weeks) without relaxing it greatly or abandoning it completely, and the handful who make it for years almost all fall off eventually. I strongly believe that despite the appeal of alternatives, a mixed diet is what the human body is most adapted to. As basic and uncool as it sounds, imo this should always be the longterm goal: eating a normal, unrestrictive diet (while avoiding some key aberrant modern elements) . There is nothing less traditional (in any meaningful sense) than avoiding carbs, nor avoiding fat. The people who couldn't handle a lot of carbs have been mostly ousted from the human family tree for 10,000+ years, so I don't really care what my primitive ancestors did - they are far less relevant. And I don't know about every culture around the globe, but I come from a long line of pastoral europeans, and they survived on plenty of fat as well. I'd rather cut to the chase and take a drug so I can eat a diverse diet and live a halfway productive life and cut my stress over food by 75%, than eat a psycho diet that kills my health in the longterm just so I can delude myself that I dealt with it "naturally". I have made the most progress on my health with incisive use of drugs+supplements, and the careful curation of a variety of foods, focusing on the macros/food from my RECENT ancestral diet (basically as in, I don't slam a half gal of juice a day etc anymore) There are people who have to eat strange diets to survive, yes that can happen. Some people have genes that cause them to be born with no limbs or their skin inside out, anything can happen. But the vast majority of people are not in that boat, and the general advice should be to aim to eat a calorie rich, mixed macro diet.

IMO - all meat diet should be an absolute last resort, and don't expect the benefits to last longterm. Get as many other irons in the fire to fix your health as you can if you do decide to do it. Do whatever you can to find even 1-2 other foods you can tolerate. Trial different carb sources. Honey is made of free monomers due to the enzymes, I'd start there.

jet9

I eat rice / potatoes / bread during the day. Gives me great energy and focus.
The meat I eat before I go to bed, around 500g beef / lamb cooked with tallow.
Tested fruits solo and in combination.
Before you mentioned that rice and potatoes give you social anxiety, right? Did you make any changes that you can tolerate them now?

sebastian_r

Before you mentioned that rice and potatoes give you social anxiety, right? Did you make any changes that you can tolerate them now?
Saturated fat with the rice helps, sometimes need a bit saturated fat about 1 hour after eating rice again. Potatoes I don't eat anymore.

Nothin'.
There ain't nothin' that happens on an all-meat diet.
But you ain't got no business doin' an all-meat diet anyway, so stay out, d'yer understand? Stay out!

GreekDemiGod

however, the regular keto all-meat dieter will crash much sooner than that and then will be back here on peat forum injecting himself with orange juice wearing 12 blankets begging people to send him some human grade t3 that he can apply topically to his rectum.
LMFAO, this made me laugh, thanks for this. A quote for the books. Peat is salvation. Salvation is Peat.

@bzmazu Most reports from that site are from low / mid class overweight Americans, probably not very high IQ. Who finally found a way to lose weight effortlessly, and they glorify the diet. Don't fall for it.

GelatinGoblin

Eating chicken may lead to a smaller penis | NutritionFacts.org
(He is vegan)

Hahahaha

rayfan1

Even if eating an all-meat diet was healthy, I wouldn't follow it. I tried it 10 years ago when I was exploring the diet-scene and got into low-carbing.
Avoiding carbohydrates just made me miserable. You will get insane carb and sugar cravings all day, so you are at constant war with your cravings.
I rather indulge in sweet carbohydrates, thats what my body craves.
Sweet carbs as in? After starting carnivore for my Hashimotos and feeling too dull and weak, added back honey, rice, sweet potatoes and feel happier in brain maybe because of dopamine effect.