Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

What Happens On An All Meat Diet?

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by Kratos, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Dobbler

Dobbler Member

If meat only diet is so bad, then what these people make so euphoric? They do it for 6 months, a year, they still feel better on it than before when they ate carbs .

2. ExD

ExD Member

the body uses meat extremely efficiently and i think it is akin to the benefits of fasting - minimal endotoxin allows for maximum digestion without the sugar rushes

the satisfaction i got from a very rare ribeye was equal to or greater than any satiation i got from high carb. i think carbs are important if you're very active, but i believe that if you are not making use of the sugars to power your body, that it is ultimately redundant.

i watch vegetable police's videos since he went vfrom 10 years vegan to six months carnivore and his major issue seems to be that it fixed all his problems, except that when he tries to incorporate vegetables back into his diet, his problems come back.

3. agnar

agnar Member

lmao big boy report back when you cant sleep, your lifts are tanking, you feel sick from eating ridiculous amounts of fat and your midsection bloats up if you as much as think about a carb. yes it will make you feel good short-term (lol) but "short-term" is a relative term, but the fact is that it will break you, and the longer you insist on doing it, the more damage you will inflict. if you care to look, you'd see that a lot of paleo/keto guys are now coming apart at the seams, wondering and scratching their heads over sleeplessness, "mysterious" low testosterone levels, extremely high cortisol levels etc.

believe me when i tell you that it won't be a gradual thing either. you'll wake up one morning and won't hardly be able to get out of bed, with cortisol levels 10x what they should be

4. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

agnar knows.

5. ExD

ExD Member

there is a doctor on youtube who's been 100% carnivore for 3-4 years. his blood work pretty much invalidates everything you just said

ido portal also only eats fruit when he does intense work outs. besides that he eats mostly meat and green veggies and has been consistent with it for over a decade, and he is probably one of healthiest people on the planet xD

so i'm guessing you aren't speaking from experience \o/

6. TeaRex14

TeaRex14 Member

I hope you're not talking about Shawn Baker, are you? I'm almost positive that's the guy who had lower then normal testosterone levels and his fasting glucose was like 130, lol. Mic the Vegan, who normally is bro science central for the vegans, actually did a pretty good piece on this guy, all pseudoscience aside.

7. agnar

agnar Member

depending on how much of the animal you're consuming (liver, intestinal wall, brain, etc.), you could probably go more than that and still function to some degree, but there is no need to do that and it's going to be extremely expensive. however, the regular keto all-meat dieter will crash much sooner than that and then will be back here on peat forum injecting himself with orange juice wearing 12 blankets begging people to send him some human grade t3 that he can apply topically to his rectum. and i seriously hope you're not talking about shawna baker lol, the man has massive ***s, is bald, literally exudes unhealthiness and has the testosterone levels of an old woman (srs, he got it tested). ido portal eats fruits and veggies as you said, and he also injects testosterone and hasnt been doing a meat centered diet for that long. how long you can go on these types of diets is relative to how broken your health is to begin with, and people desperate enough to forego eating everything but STEAKS (and yes, this is not normal by any accounts - 99.999 % of the world's population wouldn't even consider this lol) are probably in a fairly dire state. once placebo wears off and endos cleared up a bit from pufa reduction, chickens come home to roost etc yada yada. you can figure this out for yourself, but it's really just up to how much repair work you're willing to risk having to do

8. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

9. Runenight201

Runenight201 Member

Where are you getting that testosterone injection claim from? I hold his movement philosophy in high esteem and very much admire his skills, but I would be very disappointed in him if he used PEDs, or uses them and doesn't disclose it

I think listening to positive testimonials can have their merit, but should be viewed with healthy skepticism, especially when there exists ample amounts of negative testimonials as well. I'd say the same thing with a vegan diet, where there are plenty of positive testimonials of it saving people's lives, but then also testimonials of it absolutely wrecking people's health.

What's even more concerning is that the dietary cult followers will then castigate the person, claiming they simply did the diet wrong and there's nothing wrong with their insanely extreme orthorexic diet.

I'm not sure if I can make the claim that unless a diet produces optimal health in 100% of people, it's not an optimal human diet, but I'd want something approximating that.

It's also kind of funny, usually we have a negativity bias, but it seems for diets we have a positivity bias, where we choose to believe all the positives of why a certain diet we have pre-determined to be the best and disregard all the negative evidence. Actually I think the term for this may be confirmation bias?

In my experience, both vegan and carnivore diets were absolutely terrible for my health.

10. sebastian_r

sebastian_r Member

Big improvement yesterday and today in terms of energy levels after optimising a bit.

Replaced dairy fat / butter with organic tallow and stopped eating collagen. Remembered that in the past after eating milk / cheese I always got sleepy. So replaced butter. Same for collagen.

Was eating ground beef for the collagen instead of steaks, however normal fatty steak cuts seem to work better in terms of energy for me.

11. Bogdar

Bogdar Member

You're probably right.

However carnivore diet is no such thing as "keto/paleo" diet. The only thing they have in common is low carb. It's like comparing Peat-style diet and whatever other diet fueling on carbs.

12. sebastian_r

sebastian_r Member

Could the reason for the good results of all meat / carnivore in comparison to keto and high fat diets be the high amount of protein?

Most carnivore proponents are not running around with keto stripes and drinking coffee with butter all day long.

They just eat lots of meat / protein.

They get their glucose via gluconeogenesis, while the keto proponents actually run low on glucose?

13. agnar

agnar Member

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

since the boys above this line seem unwilling to learn and insist on going ahead with their based grocery store carnivore diet, in a desperate search to downregulate their "testosterone resistance", i will reserve all posts beneath the following line for posts of the type "im so sorry agnar, you were right, i will never be a carnivore again , please give me back my morning wood", specifically posted by sebastiern and bodgar

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14. CLASH

CLASH Member

Too anyone who completes the 30 days, I’d be interested to see what happens if you try to add fruit juice into the diet after.

The carnivore diet definetly seems to have its merits. It seems to essentially be a fast, as others have mentioned, providing nutrition without feeding a dysbiotic colon and avoiding the irritative plant compounds. I believe if people utilized juice with the meat they’d essentially maximize the fasting effect while simultaneously maximizing the nutrition aspect. If they also added in some of the missing nutrients I also think this would have a long term benefit.

From an evolutionary perspective we are essentially higher order primates similar to bonobos and chimps who evolved out of the trees onto the savannah hunting big game. Add in the periods of ice ages and migration towards the poles of the planet, the specific of our digestive tracts, and the consistent seemingly optimal macro ratios found across almost all large mammals and it seems that the ideal human diet is one of meat, fat and fruit/ honey with perhaps a grey area of starchy roots and dairy (the grey area is individual tolerance dependent).
    Thus a diet of fatty red meat and fruit juice with some supplements like calcium, magnesium, vit d, vit k, vit e and some b vitamins (for fun, not really neccesary) seems pretty optimal from my perspective (if you can tolerate dairy then obviously you can ommit some supps).

15. sebastian_r

sebastian_r Member

I tried beef and orange juice for a while.

I felt fantastic, but got problems from the citric acid. And it did put me back into the modus of thinking about eating all day. With all meat I can eat once a day and be done.

Further tried pineapple juice, apple juice and pear juice for a while, but those weren't working as well.

Pineapple and pear juice stomach issues and pineapple eating my gums (besides that it was actually pretty good as well), apple juice didn't feel right at all.

Best package overall was beef and orange juice for me. Runner up beef and pear juice. I might try carnivore with 2 days of carb load per week.

16. agnar

agnar Member

why are you guys here if you're not interested in and willing to follow a peat based diet? if you read what he writes and try to implement the information, you will reach something very close to optimal health

17. Runenight201

Runenight201 Member

Experience is the best teacher.

18. jimisonthenet

jimisonthenet Member

Jordan Peterson's looking the best I've ever seen him on an all beef diet, even though he was optimising his diet at the same time as coming off of anti-depressants. His face, skin, and body composition all look a lot more firm, lean and toned. I wouldn't recommend it personally though, I find too many benefits personally from my liver, orange juice, milk, cheese and coffee :D

19. CDT

CDT Member

Can other people relay their experiences? Positive and negative anecdotes are much appreciated! I'm vegetarian and don't see myself ever consuming flesh, but was wondering if it is beneficial to increase the integration of dairy products in the diet. Thanks in advance!

20. ExD

ExD Member

doc peat isn't always right, but he knows a lot more than i ever will, so i like to keep uptodate with his work

someone said experience is the best way to learn and i agree. if someone tries peat and it doesn't fix ALL their problems, then naturally they will eventually try something else. repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of something. i can't recall what. but you seem to be advocating whatever that is xD

telling people they aren't interested in or willing to follow a peat diet is really stupid. they are on the ray peat forum, so obvs we are all interested, and you don't know what people are willing to try, you're just assuming they are heretics to the cult of peat because they dared to consider going low carb for a few weeks lol

i think people should try things and see how it makes them feel, instead of forcing themselves to follow advice from other people because they lack faith in their own judgement. but each to their own ;o