What Happens After Prolonged Consumption Of 5a-Reductase Lowering Substances?

Ron J

Hello everyone.
I'm referring to natural occurring substances, in natural amounts, such as lycopene, polyphenols etc. Does the body adapt by upregulating 5AR?

Vinero

You probably end up with low DHT and low allopregnanolone.
If you regularly drink coffee or eat gelatin or other strong 5-ar enhancer your 5-AR enzyme will probably be good.

johnwester130

Hello everyone.
I'm referring to natural occurring substances, in natural amounts, such as lycopene, polyphenols etc. Does the body adapt by upregulating 5AR?

If you regularly drink coffee or eat gelatin or other strong 5-ar enhancer your 5-AR enzyme will probably be good.

This prompted a good discussion a while back

The Countries That Eat The Most Coconut Oil Have The Most Transexuals

OP
R

Ron J

@Vinero
Hopefully. And I also take several other things that raise DHT, including androsterone, and a powder that's supposedly stanolone.

Arrade

You will become more effeminate.
Now what is this about coconuts reducing 5 ar??

GutFeeling

You will become more effeminate.
Now what is this about coconuts reducing 5 ar??
Seems like the free lauric acid inhibit 5 ar, free fatty acids cause insulin resistance and usually rise if u eat rancid fats.
Some people say that topical coconut protects against hair loss because it inhibits 5AR

Arrade

Seems like the free lauric acid inhibit 5 ar, free fatty acids cause insulin resistance and usually rise if u eat rancid fats.
Some people say that topical coconut protects against hair loss because it inhibits 5AR
Doesn't seem like people here are very conclusive. I thought the saturated fats would be androgenic, so this is really confusing.

OP
R

Ron J

Doesn't seem like people here are very conclusive. I thought the saturated fats would be androgenic, so this is really confusing.
I think haidut mentioned that the net effect is androgenic, and he also has some good information about palmitic acid.

OP
R

Ron J

Any idea if it's supposed to be hydrogenated or not?
If you want to avoid PUFA as much as possible, then go for it. Although, you should look up its safety, given the further refining process it goes through.

benaoao

Brown Rice DEFINITELY lowers DHT, in my experience. Makes me feel so weak and shi*.

Right on!

5α-Reductase type 1 inhibition of Oryza sativa bran extract prepared by supercritical carbon dioxide fluid - ScienceDirect

Let big pharma get some patents up for this beautiful anti androgenic food. Sigh why am I even a pharmacist. I need to find an alternative.

Plus phytic acid doing its nutrient-depriving thing. Brown rice is such a no-no, whereas white is just fine.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Is coffee really a DHT booster? What's the mechanism of action? Is it the caffeine content? Related to cAMP? Sorry for overloading, I've just never researched this in depth.

BigChad

Doesnt coffee and caffeine increase shbg levels, thus lowering dht and test? What mechanism does coffee raise dht by

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals