June

So what happens after the inflammation from chronic gastritis is gone? Does one naturally produce more stomach acids if one was lacking that? Or is it so damaged that it can no longer function as normal? Does one need to heal the lining? Thanks in advance!

mostlylurking

So what happens after the inflammation from chronic gastritis is gone? Does one naturally produce more stomach acids if one was lacking that? Or is it so damaged that it can no longer function as normal? Does one need to heal the lining? Thanks in advance!
I think if the stomach lining has the nutrients it needs it will heal itself after the offending thing that caused the injury is removed. Thiamine is required for the autonomic nervous system to function properly; this proper function is needed in order for the stomach acid to be at the normal level.

OP
J

June

I think if the stomach lining has the nutrients it needs it will heal itself after the offending thing that caused the injury is removed. Thiamine is required for the autonomic nervous system to function properly; this proper function is needed in order for the stomach acid to be at the normal level.

Thank you for this! Unfortunately i reacted badly to thiamine and benfotiamine because of my sulfur sensitivity. I think the offender is H.Plylori and it’s given me the hydrogen sulfide type SIBO. Its been a long tireless journey. I’m worried that after I eradicate H.pylori my stomach will not produce it’s own stomach acid.

mostlylurking

Thank you for this! Unfortunately i reacted badly to thiamine and benfotiamine because of my sulfur sensitivity. I think the offender is H.Plylori and it’s given me the hydrogen sulfide type SIBO. Its been a long tireless journey. I’m worried that after I eradicate H.pylori my stomach will not produce it’s own stomach acid.
Your stomach needs thiamine to make stomach acid. Perhaps you would like to try the sublingual type of thiamine? It absorbs under the tongue. There's a link included in the article for a source to purchase it. I found it helpful to start with a quarter tablet to get used to the experience and taste. After a day or two I increased to half a tab, then moved on to the whole tab. I wound up going back to thiamine hcl powder though after a couple of weeks as it suits me better.

OP
J

June

Your stomach needs thiamine to make stomach acid. Perhaps you would like to try the sublingual type of thiamine? It absorbs under the tongue. There's a link included in the article for a source to purchase it. I found it helpful to start with a quarter tablet to get used to the experience and taste. After a day or two I increased to half a tab, then moved on to the whole tab. I wound up going back to thiamine hcl powder though after a couple of weeks as it suits me better.
Thank you! I didn't see a link in the article however. My only concern is that even with sublingual, some of the substance will make it to my gut inadvertently. I wonder how effective an IV is. But then there's the worry of high sulfur in blood?

mostlylurking

Thank you! I didn't see a link in the article however. My only concern is that even with sublingual, some of the substance will make it to my gut inadvertently. I wonder how effective an IV is. But then there's the worry of high sulfur in blood?
link to the sublingual. The sublingual is promoted as being as effective as a 100mg injection of thiamine because it is directly absorbed into the body under the tongue, thereby making poor gut absorption a non issue.

There's some discussion of the sulfur/thiamine issue in the Comments of this article. You may find this helpful.

This article also touches on sulfur/thiamine issues. Please note that there seems to be a greater likelihood for a negative reaction when using TTFD than ordinary thiamine hcl: "The primary difference between ordinary thiamine and TTFD is an extra chemical group called a mercaptan group. The mercaptan is derived from allicin, a compound found in garlic, and is connected to the thiamine molecule via a special sulfur-sulfur bond called a disulfide bond. Importantly, it is this unique chemical group that accounts for TTFD’s ability to traverse membranes in the body without the need for a transport system." I was unable to tolerate TTFD because of my low glutathione status but I was able to tolerate oral thiamine hcl just fine.

There is also info about sulfur in the Comments of this article. Dr. Lonsdale's response to the sulfur question: "Ashley, if it ‘flared yeast’ in your kids ‘because it is sulfur based’, then it would flare yeast in you and everyone. Sulfur is ESSENTIAL, and not the bad-guy that Amy Yasko and others make it out to be. I’d suggest reading the work of Rosemary Waring for more details."

I found this article: DISCUSSION: Poisoning the Mitochondria Waring's work is mentioned in the article. I have heavy metal poisoning and am very sensitive to sulfites and avoid them; I've been taking oral high dose thiamine hcl without any problems for two years and have gotten great benefit from it.

I hope you find this helpful.

Kyle970

What helped you with inflammation?

OP
J

June

What helped you with inflammation?
Hi unfortunately it stuck around. It improved somewhat on it's own but I'm dealing with severe estrogen dominance at the moment. It may play a huge role in my gastritis but if it doesn't budge then I will move on to D-limonene.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals