What good effects come when you take levothyroxine

Ideal man

I know peat said thyroid and vitamin A for testosterone boosting how much of each to get the results is 50mcg of levothyroxine per day enough?

mostlylurking

I know peat said thyroid and vitamin A for testosterone boosting how much of each to get the results is 50mcg of levothyroxine per day enough?
Levothyroxine without T3 is just supplying the precursor to the thing that actually does something (T3). If your liver isn't working very well, it can't convert the T4 to T3.

OP
Ideal man

Ideal man

Levothyroxine without T3 is just supplying the precursor to the thing that actually does something (T3). If your liver isn't working very well, it can't convert the T4 to T3.
Won't taking vitamin A help t4 convert to t3?

OP
Ideal man

Ideal man

No just going off some old posts here
On the man elite site i saw it said Vitamin A is positively associated with triiodothyronine (T3) and free T3 index (FT3I), which indicates better conversion from thyroxine (T4) to T3

mostlylurking

On the man elite site i saw it said Vitamin A is positively associated with triiodothyronine (T3) and free T3 index (FT3I), which indicates better conversion from thyroxine (T4) to T3
While that may be true and I've heard Haidut say the same thing about vitamin A and I take vitamin A too, it is more complicated than that. If your liver is really busy trying to detox estrogen (or other toxins) it can't convert T4 to T3. You need some T3 to prime the pump, that is, to provide your liver with some active T3 so it can convert T4 into more T3. In addition, taking T4 alone without some T3 can mess up the T4/T3 ratio in your brain and actually make things worse.

It is extremely important to read the Ray Peat thyroid articles yourself and not just rely on what you may read elsewhere.

OP
Ideal man

Ideal man

While that may be true and I've heard Haidut say the same thing about vitamin A and I take vitamin A too, it is more complicated than that. If your liver is really busy trying to detox estrogen (or other toxins) it can't convert T4 to T3. You need some T3 to prime the pump, that is, to provide your liver with some active T3 so it can convert T4 into more T3. In addition, taking T4 alone without some T3 can mess up the T4/T3 ratio in your brain and actually make things worse.

It is extremely important to read the Ray Peat thyroid articles yourself and not just rely on what you may read elsewhere.
Ok I'll check them out

5a-DHP

Levothyroxine works fine if you're in good health; it's useless if you're not.
T4 mono raises my temps and produces the same changes/benefits that I get from T3-containing meds like armour and cynoplus when doses are equated.

Nebula

T4 mono raises my temps and produces the same changes/benefits that I get from T3-containing meds like armour and cynoplus when doses are equated.
So is T3-only therapy likely to work better if you have been hypothyroid for a long time?

Last edited:
OP
Ideal man

Ideal man

Do thyroid glandular supplements contain t3 &t4?

5a-DHP

Do thyroid glandular supplements contain t3 &t4?
Depends on the brand.
Ancestral health, thyrovanz, and thyrogold all increase my temp so they likely do, but I'd never rely on them as a replacement for actual thyroid medication.

TheCedar1

I know this is a year old post, but I'll chime in as well, levothyroxine mono also gives me the same benefits as T3, like high temperature and high metabolism

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals