What fruit work best for you? (for those who are starch free)

OP
J

jet9

Do i understand it right that apples (regular) are not best fruit? I was eating lots of them lately (Green Smith, cooked) and seems they make me anxious / tired.

LadyRae

Do i understand it right that apples (regular) are not best fruit? I was eating lots of them lately (Green Smith, cooked) and seems they make me anxious / tired.
It depends. Some people don't digest FODMAP foods well. (FODMAP stands for fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides and polyols, which are short-chain carbohydrates (sugars) that the small intestine absorbs poorly.)These include watermelon and onions...for example. But some people digest them just fine.

Jonk

I think making sure they are ripe is important. I think I read someone on the forum mentioning apples don't continue ripen after being picked. Maybe if you eat one that's not entirely ripe you can handle it but 2-3 may start to cause problems. But yeah generally I think the more "peaty" fruits are the tropical ones.

LA

Seabuckthorn has a lot of vitamin C. It might be sort of sour I have never tasted it.
On the Island where my maternal line ancestors were born (Bornholms) a couple (husband & wife) moved from the Danish mainland and started a Seabuckthorn business. A segment of their business is part of one of the videos in a playlist on youtube (regarding the Island) with the title:
Bornholm Viking Island in the Baltic Sea

It appears that the couple on Borhholm are doing very well with their business. Hope they still are doing ok now with the turmoil there.

Here in the USA in our household we basically eat fresh fruit season, if it is easily available, and has not been imported from far away. My mother was the one who advised me to eat what is locally produced and grown when possible

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals