What Foods Give You True Joy?

YourUniverse

My joy foods are chocolate, ripe pineapple, sweet orange juice, rice with salt and salsa, and a good burger with cheese, ketchup, mustard and pickles (maybe without the bun).

A rich, strong cup of coffee should be up there, too

Broken man

Good thread after weekend. I believe that every food can be made delicious but my favourites are baked potatoes with cheese and Cottage cheese with pineapple.

redsun

Lean sirloin steak bloody raw in the center with mashed potatoes. Gives me a buzz, warm feeling yet completely sober.

Also strawberries dipped in cane sugar on rare occasion.

HealingBoy

- Honey (some big spoonfuls ! I especially love lavender honey )
- red pepper ( capsaicin promotes endorphin release + temporarily inhibits endorphins degradation
- Milk chocolate can be a nice boost also (sugar rush + anandamide )

Peatful

My joy foods are chocolate, ripe pineapple, sweet orange juice, rice with salt and salsa, and a good burger with cheese, ketchup, mustard and pickles (maybe without the bun).

A rich, strong cup of coffee should be up there, too
Close to my list; take off the chocolate and add a slice of good pizza (or a grilled cheese sandwich).

milkboi

(Over)cooked potatoes, that melt in my mouth. OJ jello, jello in general. Love the texture.

Runenight201

+1

How do you prepare your coffee?

I’m using a French Press currently. I heat a cup of water for 1.5 minutes in the microwave, and then pour in 2 tablespoons of freshly ground beans. I stir the ground in the water and then let sit for a minute and a half, and then plunge.

I’m open to better techniques. I drank drip coffee for a long time until I was awakened to how much better properly prepared coffee tastes. I can’t go back now... I don’t even want to experience properly roasted expensive beans

RobertJM

In terms of acute pleasure, chocolate (done properly) and I second burgers. Happy to eat burgers all day actually.

In terms of more profound long term joy and happiness that just comes down to controlling endotoxin and getting the thyroid humming along, which then means being more disciplined and sticking to the more boring foods (milk, grated carrots, juice, etc).

Dobbler

God i wish i could live with fat free diet + T3 and be completely satiated. So so much health benefits and you get lean as hell. Long and short term probably abolishes serotonin and endotoxin synthesis too. Maybe someday in the future i can do.

Inaut

Ditto to grilled cheese or pizza but that is cheating food to me..

Fruit wise :Pineapple, cherimoyas and most importantly....

Pudding —- creme brûlée

Key lime pie is pretty good too.

I’m pretty sure I can keep typing stuff

Where do we draw the line OP?

DaveFoster

Ditto to grilled cheese or pizza but that is cheating food to me..

Fruit wise :Pineapple, cherimoyas and most importantly....

Pudding —- creme brûlée

Key lime pie is pretty good too.

I’m pretty sure I can keep typing stuff

Where do we draw the line OP?
Creme brûlée: the cocaine of foods.

lampofred

Fast food French fries... I miss them...

Arnold Grape

Fresh raw oysters with horseradish and cheese and Coke on the side are my newish Sunday thing; co-op liver wurst with hot sauce; eggs and fresh tortilla cooked in coconut oil and salt; Aldi’s Super Premium vanilla ice cream with warm applesauce and cinnamon. I could go on: no idea why I don’t weigh more.