What Foods Do You Enjoy Eating But Don't Eat?

jzeno

I'll go first: fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy and biscuits.

I'm curious what foods you enjoy but choose not to eat, if any.

Runenight201

The more I associate food with positive health states, the harder and harder it is for me to eat poor food choices. It’s as if I’ve conditioned my mind to instantly recall the negative health experienced when Ive eaten inappropriate foods, and the craving suddenly disappears, or I move on to begin craving a similar but more appropriate alternative.

Every time I try and relax and eat whatever, I note the negative symptoms I use to deal with on a regular basis, and it reminds me of why I eat the way I do. I decided to have French fries with some beer on sat night, and while I was in a very jovial mood with the beer, the fries instantly brought on slight feelings of anxiety. Must be the PUFAs because I’ll eat salty potato’s and just feel good.

That being said, fast food chicken sandwiches or burgers seem to be appealing to me and don’t mess me up too much, so I’ll occasionally indulge.

Arnold Grape

The more I associate food with positive health states, the harder and harder it is for me to eat poor food choices. It’s as if I’ve conditioned my mind to instantly recall the negative health experienced when Ive eaten inappropriate foods, and the craving suddenly disappears, or I move on to begin craving a similar but more appropriate alternative.

Every time I try and relax and eat whatever, I note the negative symptoms I use to deal with on a regular basis, and it reminds me of why I eat the way I do. I decided to have French fries with some beer on sat night, and while I was in a very jovial mood with the beer, the fries instantly brought on slight feelings of anxiety. Must be the PUFAs because I’ll eat salty potato’s and just feel good.

That being said, fast food chicken sandwiches or burgers seem to be appealing to me and don’t mess me up too much, so I’ll occasionally indulge.
Have you noticed the more sensitive you are to it the more sensitive you are? For example, since I went off the deep end, Ray Peat wise, I will experience drastic symptoms that I don’t remember having before even when eating innocuous seeming things like pita and hummus from a favorite restaurant. Now what does that mean?

Runenight201

Have you noticed the more sensitive you are to it the more sensitive you are? For example, since I went off the deep end, Ray Peat wise, I will experience drastic symptoms that I don’t remember having before even when eating innocuous seeming things like pita and hummus from a favorite restaurant. Now what does that mean?

I think once adjusted to a new mode of being, often one that’s of a healthier and more vibrant state, it becomes easier to sense when taken out of that state.

Perhaps it’s harder to note burns when the whole body is on fire, but once healed, any flame drawn near suddenly becomes “drastic”.

There are certainly unoptimal foods that I can eat now that won’t cause problems but don’t bring me the good health I enjoy. I can snack on some nuts, and while they don’t do much for me, they also don’t poison me. The quantity also influences whether or not an unoptimal food will knock me out. A couple slices of American pizza eaten my way? Probably fine. A whole box eaten with no attention paid whatsoever to how much starch/cheese/meat ingested? I’m going to be inflamed, congested, and allergenic.

Lolinaa

Everything with pork: bacon, tails. Since almost 2 years didn't eat any. It was my favorite meat.
Pizza, burgers and eating out at friends or restaurant carefree.
Even though I pay attention to what I have I tend to feel sometimes bad after.

Some male friends want to take me out to restaurant but I don't enjoy it that much.:(