What Filler Would You Chose To Self-compound B12 Powder?

Momentum

I was able to get my doctor to write a script for pure hydroxycobalimine powder (I have B12 issues). This needs to be taken sublingual and needs to be diluted quite a bit so that I can weigh it for dosage. I'm not sure what would be the best substance for filler? The H-C needs to be stored in the refrigerator. I was thinking of using rice flour since it is very benign with a long storage life.
Compounding pharmacists use all types of things like lactose, ginger, even probiotics with LDN, but I want the longest shelf life possible. Thoughts?

I was able to get my doctor to write a script for pure hydroxycobalimine powder (I have B12 issues). This needs to be taken sublingual and needs to be diluted quite a bit so that I can weigh it for dosage. I'm not sure what would be the best substance for filler? The H-C needs to be stored in the refrigerator. I was thinking of using rice flour since it is very benign with a long storage life.
Compounding pharmacists use all types of things like lactose, ginger, even probiotics with LDN, but I want the longest shelf life possible. Thoughts?

Maybe Mannitol? From the named, if there is not some specific interaction with B12, I would use it; but i have not researched Fillers extensively. Also, Cellulose.

Ras

PureBulk uses mannitol.

OP
M

Momentum

Thank you
Someone, else where had tried inositol and rice flour. He commented that the rice flour, which he swished for 15 minutes, had better absorption. Mannitol may be an option. I seem to be reacting to quite a bit lately, so I'll test it. :):

J

james2388

B12 issues are often not B12 issues...
Just eat 3 ounces of frozen liver a day, sliced thin and raw, just swallow.
This is probably a copper, or methylation-riboflavin-folate issue.
I can guarantee you if the ordinary B12 supplement didn't help you. This won't help you either..

BearWithMe

What doses you should be taking? I would buy 0.001g scale, micro-spoon and use pure powder, for multiple reasons.

1) It would be extremely hard to make a homogenous mixture of HC and rice flour (or any other filler) at home, without special tools. Your dosage would vary greatly.

2) The HC will be better absorbed without any fillers

yeah, how much is your script? how many milligrams? I would avoid complex matter like rice flour, maybe eyeball the dosage, a couple of micrograms will be like a piece of fine dust. But caution, very very light sensitive. And you need to supplement, Intrinsic Factor is way too low to have more than daily requirements; You cant just eat liver, that is just for maintenance.

OP
M

Momentum

Lots of people compound things, some easier than others. The only warning the pharmacist gave was to not get it into the eyes (of course keep refrigerated).
I do know someone who has had success with rice powder and hydroC. It's B12 so the daily dosage isn't "critical" as far as being exact. Thankfully, the powder is super dark red, so it will be fairy easy to see how well it is mixed using something white.
I have a 0.001g scale. Note that these are always advertised as milligram scales on Amazon/Ebay, and they do go to 0.001 grams, not milligrams - very misleading. If you read all the bad comments on several of the scales, they aren't accurate at all when measuring down to 0.001. I think the lowest I'd trust my scale is at 0.1g And Tristan is right that 1mg is probably a like a few grains of sugar. That 1 gram of powder is about 1/2 teaspoon and 1 gram = 1,000 1 mg doses. My dose is higher, but still, it's a teeny amount of powder.

Can't do liver because of iron issues.

And @Ras thanks for posting the link to B12 oils for everyone. I think this is important information. I've just ordered some of these oils and had great emails with the owner the last few days (helpful guy). They should arrive next week. Very excited to try them. Wish I hadn't spent so much on the B12 powder (several months ago). I think part of my problem in the conundrum has been low B2 (as measured on Genova's test, wish I had done OAT instead), causing the B12 to be ineffective and some genetic issues with mma. My other co-factors are good, but I am switching forms of some. We'll see :):

tara

I've used the smallest spoon measures I have to measure up enough B12 for a week or two at a time, and then mix the spoonful in with other supps I'm wanting (eg minerals, other vitamins). Not sure this gives best storage time, but it is the most convenient method I've worked out so far.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom