What fats do the body produce

Brandin

Hi I know the body can convert fats to make other fats. Wich unsaturated fats do the body make? And what are the saturated fats it makes?

I cant find the information and its for a school text so your information would be very appreciated.

mostlylurking

Ray Peat talks about omega 9 fats being created in the body. These are protective unsaturated fats.

quote from here: Membranes, plasma membranes, and surfaces
"Now, instead of demonstrating harm from a dietary lack of the "essential" fats, the presence of the Mead acid or omega-9 fatty acids is taken as evidence of a deficiency. Our cells (and animal cells) produce these unsaturated fats when their special desaturase enzymes are not suppressed by the presence of exogenous linoleic or linolenic acids. Normally, the inactivation of an enzyme system and the suppression of a natural biological process might be taken as evidence of toxicity of the vegetable oils, but here, the occurrence of the natural process is taken as evidence of a deficiency. To me, this seems very much like the "disease" of having tonsils, an appendix, or a foreskin--if it is there, you have a problem, according to the aggressive surgical mentality. But what is the "problem" in the case of the natural Mead or omega-9 acids? (I think the "problem" is simply that they allow us to live at a higher energy level, with greater resistance to stress, better immunity, and quicker healing.)"

The body also creates saturated fat. Saturated fats are stable; unsaturated fats are unstable.

The body does not create omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. This is why they are hyped as being "essential". However, upon scrutiny, these fatty acids (PUFA) wreak havoc in the body and are best avoided.

Here is a helpful Peat oriented search engine: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless Use the cell on the left. Ignore the ads at the top of the search; concentrate on the Ray Peat articles located below them.

suggested words to search:
omega 6
omega 3
omega 9
mead acid
linoleic acid
linolenic acid
saturated fat
polyunsaturated fat
monounsaturated fat

redsun

Hi I know the body can convert fats to make other fats. Wich unsaturated fats do the body make? And what are the saturated fats it makes?

I cant find the information and its for a school text so your information would be very appreciated.
The body can make any fat to a degree except essential fatty acids (EFAs). Thats why they are called EFAs.

Pdohlen

search butyric acid from intestines; from google”Butyric acid is a fatty acid that's created when the good bacteria in your gut break down dietary fiber. It's also found in animal fats and vegetable oils. However, the amount of butyric acid found in foods like butter and ghee is small compared to the amount that's made in your gut.Oct 25, 2019”

Butyric acid: Butyric acid - Wikipedia