What Fad Diets Put In Their Coffee

Luann

Not that Peat is a fad diet. But I have noticed that you can tell a persons diet by what they put in their coffee. Take a look:

SAD = fake cream, low cal sugar

Peat = sugar, gelatin, mayb some salt

Paleo = ghee, coconut oil, MCT

my no-meat holmes = soymilk, rice milk, nuts milk, all non-milk milks.

EDIT: new one, South Beach likes monk fruit in theirs!! The Best Way to Take Your Coffee

And this guy must like it all = Putting Weird Things in Coffee

Last edited:

EIRE24

Yea salt and sugar for me, no milk. Sometimes gelatin. Salt is definitely a tasty addition

tara

Peat = sugar, gelatin, mayb some salt
Peat has been pretty definite about himself having cream in his coffee.

schultz

Hipsters like it black. They think they're being tough or something....

Latte is the only way to go. I can't imagine drinking 5 cups of coffee and a couple litres of milk a day. Might as well combine them.

DaveFoster

Hipsters like it black. They think they're being tough or something....

Latte is the only way to go. I can't imagine drinking 5 cups of coffee and a couple litres of milk a day. Might as well combine them.
They are being tough. All the way into Cushing's syndrome.

CoolTweetPete

I definitely wrecked my hormones following advice from the Bulletproof guy, drinking black coffee to prolong 'intermittent fasts'.

Coffee, milk, and honey. Don't fix it if it ain't broke. :)

zooma

Heavy cream and milk are the most likely things we would put in coffee IMO.
I definitely wrecked my hormones following advice from the Bulletproof guy, drinking black coffee to prolong 'intermittent fasts'.

Coffee, milk, and honey. Don't fix it if it ain't broke. :)
To be fair to him, doesn't he recommend a lot of MCT oil in the coffee along with the butter? this would probably go a long way to preventing stress. Although the protein restriction wouldn't do you any good.

CoolTweetPete

Heavy cream and milk are the most likely things we would put in coffee IMO.

To be fair to him, doesn't he recommend a lot of MCT oil in the coffee along with the butter? this would probably go a long way to preventing stress. Although the protein restriction wouldn't do you any good.

He does, and yes to be fair to him, when I would use MCT / butter instead of drinking it black the stress response would seem blunted. But obviously from a Peat perspective, this promotes excessive lipolysis.

Great tool to lose weight fast though in case one doesn't mind acutely insulting their thyroid function.

I once did his 'Rapid Fat Loss Protocol' wherein one goes 6 days a week eating only fat, and 1 day a week carb loading with "clean carbs" like sweet potato and rice. I've never been thinner and experienced more hairloss than during this experiment. :crazy:

jyb

He does, and yes to be fair to him, when I would use MCT / butter instead of drinking it black the stress response would seem blunted. But obviously from a Peat perspective, this promotes excessive lipolysis.

Both caffeine and MCT stimulate insulin. It would kill lipolysis effectively. Furthermore, the amount of fat calorie from fat flavouring your coffee is small, so this alone is not what's going to shift your oxidation balance towards fat. Since it is both low in carb and stops any use of fats, such drink would increase stress compared to eating nothing or just butter (assuming you were hungry and it was the only thing you were taking).

CoolTweetPete

Both caffeine and MCT promote insulin. It would kill lipolysis effectively. Furthermore, the amount of fat calorie from flavouring your coffee is small, so this alone is not what's going to shift your oxidation towards fat. Since it is both low in carb and stops any use of fats, such drink would increase stress however (assuming you were hungry and it was the only thing you were taking).

What about the 2-4 tbsp of butter in every cup? I know Paleo folks who use even more than that.

jyb

What about the 2-4 tbsp of butter in every cup? I know Paleo folks who use even more than that.

1 tablespoon of butter = 100 cals. Whether that's a lot depends on you want in your diet...note however it is really difficult to drink >1 tablespoon of butter in coffee: gag reflex and it floats. I never understood why folks would use butter and not cream. It is very easy to eat calories from cream, but almost impossible from butter, in my opinion. A lot of the butter Paleo folks eat essentially a protein and fiber low fat diet, kills fat oxidation so it must be really stressful.

Last edited:
Damn good! (with sugar of course)
ezgif-4080260974.gif