What effect does coffee have on reverse t3?

conrad0602

Don't think I've come across this topic... Does anyone have any idea? Has peat spoken about it being helpful or potentially harmful in the case of RT3? Thanks!

Nik665

i believe he has mentioned it can make it worse when not eating enough calories, but can benefit when drank with meals or enough calories such as my adding milk and sugar

FitnessMike

bump

mgrabs

I just gave up caffeine about 2 weeks ago. I am now able to tolerate my thyroid supplementation. The jitteriness, anxiety, mid day crash vanished. Im assuming this means my thyroid is actually able to fire without a second source of energy?

FitnessMike

I just gave up caffeine about 2 weeks ago. I am now able to tolerate my thyroid supplementation. The jitteriness, anxiety, mid day crash vanished. Im assuming this means my thyroid is actually able to fire without a second source of energy?
so when you were drinking coffee you were not able to tolerate thyroid? how did you recognize this?

mgrabs

so when you were drinking coffee you were not able to tolerate thyroid? how did you recognize this?
I felt more anxiety, jitterness, more mid day fatigue & lack of interest towards things.

Once i removed it & stuck with thyroid I’ve been experiecing a sense of “calm” if that makes sense.

Even sitting in traffic doesn’t bother me as much. Just very different. Im not as crack head energetic. But i do miss that extra boost it gives.

I think this allows my body to focus on upping my dose of thyroid without caffeine interfering with my energy output. So i think in a few weeks ill do labs to see if im still too low or even too high