What Dose Of Naltrexone Does Dr Peat Reccomend?

paymanz

i have read about LDN but i want know what dosage peat recommends,anyone has any resource?

Last edited:

blob69

Ray Peat in 2012: "I think it's safe to take 5 or 10 mg of naltrexone daily for a few days, but I don't think it should be used continuously; I have known people who had good results, repeating the short courses two or three times in a year."

OP
P

paymanz

Ray Peat in 2012: "I think it's safe to take 5 or 10 mg of naltrexone daily for a few days, but I don't think it should be used continuously; I have known people who had good results, repeating the short courses two or three times in a year."

thanks so much, really good info.

i wonder if it was from an email exchange,i never had any success searching on web.

Snowdrop

Do you mind me asking what the specific issue was in regards to Ray Peat's suggested dose?

blob69

Do you mind me asking what the specific issue was in regards to Ray Peat's suggested dose?
It was for a young person with many but not disabling problems, and a woman in her 50s with MS. But I think he replied in general, not for any specific case.

Simba1992

It was for a young person with many but not disabling problems, and a woman in her 50s with MS. But I think he replied in general, not for any specific case.

Actually very good results with long term use both for MS, pain, Chrons, Hashi, Fibro. Doses between 0,50-4,5mg very individual where sweet spot and how long it takes for effect to kick in. Lots of info to be found on these sites:
www.ldnresearchtrust.org and www.ldnscience.org

alywest

i have read about LDN but i want know what dosage peat recommends,anyone has any resource?

You need to get a prescription for this as LDN must be made in a compounding pharmacy unless you find directions on how to make it properly and feel confident in following them. It's not as simple as a dosage, it's a compound. Talk to a doctor about it.

You need to get a prescription for this as LDN must be made in a compounding pharmacy unless you find directions on how to make it properly and feel confident in following them. It's not as simple as a dosage, it's a compound. Talk to a doctor about it.

why not buy the drug and then simply crush up or empty the capsules and take the correct amount?

Simba1992

Wish that Peat would have said more about LDN, than it was safe to take a short period and actually recommended higher doses. Leaves still quite a few questions unanswered.He should have elaborated a bit on these recommendations:(

what Naltrexone does, apparently, is increase number of opioid "receptors" so longer term use may be a problem for this reason...

Dave Clark

why not buy the drug and then simply crush up or empty the capsules and take the correct amount?
That is the way to go if you want to vary your dose, too. Otherwise, say you got a month's worth of 4.5 mg of compounded LDN, then you wanted to back off, it would be hard to divide the capsule and know what you are taking. The best way, and the cheapest, is to get a 50 mg naltrexone tablet, dissolve it in 50 ml of distlled water, then 1 ml = 1mg. From there, you get a plastic no-needle syringe with proper ml increments and pull out what dose you want to take. It is recommended to keep the dilution in th fridge.

Dave Clark

what Naltrexone does, apparently, is increase number of opioid "receptors" so longer term use may be a problem for this reason...
I read a lot of LDN research and never heard that before. Where can I find that info? Hopefully, it is not from Peat, he doesn't even believe in receptors!