What dose of kuinone are you using?

moodyman

I’m about 4 months into peating and have gotten great results so far. I use energin, stressnon, and kuinone daily. 15 drops energin orally, 1 drop Kuinone topically, 5 drops stressnon topically. Kuinone is the one thing I have a difficult time getting a clear answer on in the threads for dosage. From idealabs each drop of kuinone is 2mg K2 mk4. I’ve read of some people taking upwards of 15 drops a day and others that say just 1 drop is more than enough. I do believe more than 1 drop a day can be excessive unless treating osteoporosis. My concern is if 1 drop daily is too much and perhaps once a week is appropriate? (Since idealabs sells such a concentrated mixture)

VitoScaletta

I think you are confusing common dosages for Vitamin K2 MK-7 and dosages for MK-4. Here you can read more about the different variants of menaquinone: Vitamin K2 - Wikipedia

MK-7 is supplemented in the mcg (Microgram) range, usually between 50-300mcg.
MK-4 is supplemented in the mg (milligramme) range, usually between as low as 2.5 to 45mg, for context commonly in studies 45mg is the standard dosage, though I think 15mg would be good aswell. MK-4 is very safe and has no known upper limit, on the other hand I wouldn't ever go above supplementing above 600mcg of MK-7

1mg for MK-4 is very low, i doubt it would have any effect. Personally I would take 15mg daily. Take it with a meal that has fat as it is a fat soluble Vitamin and requires dietary fat for absorption
Im not very knowledgeable about the topical uses of it

OP
M

moodyman

I think you are confusing common dosages for Vitamin K2 MK-7 and dosages for MK-4. Here you can read more about the different variants of menaquinone: Vitamin K2 - Wikipedia

MK-4 is supplemented in the mg (milligramme) range, usually between as low as 2.5 to 45mg, for context commonly in studies 45mg is the standard dosage, though I think 15mg would be good aswell. MK-4 is very safe and has no known upper limit, on the other hand I wouldn't ever go above supplementing above 600mcg of MK-7

1mg for MK-4 is very low, i doubt it would have any effect. Personally I would take 15mg daily. Take it with a meal that has fat as it is a fat soluble Vitamin and requires dietary fat for absorption
That makes much more sense now. I used to take 30-40mg a day but stopped when my hair began to shed more and I started feeling irritable. However, I was taking it in the morning on an empty stomach so I’ll try having some with a fatty meal. Thank you!

Kray

Are you supplementing MK-4? I'd like to know what dosage you take, and what positive effects you can share. Does this supplement need time to show improvements in its known benefits? Thanks in advance for any feedback, and for sorting out the differences between the 2 most commonly known K2 forms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals