What Does Your Diet Look Like?

Dutchie

Reading stuff on here,i get the impression that most people on here all are eating,or should i say drinking,the same mainly living off milksugars and fructose.
But i am curious if there are people who have a sucrose&starch basis of eating with dairy ofcourse and if so what their meals on average are like,as in food not macros/cals.
I also wonder if there are people on here in a kind of fun creative way of daily eating such as the things posted on the pintetrstlink id posted in the recipe thread?

Bc petsonally a largrly liquidbased diet wouldnt work for me as i need to chew,have something more solid in order to feel satiated

chris

Adequate protein, sugar, salt, better calcium to phosphate ratio are all things I am going for. Pretty strict peat atm and I have zero temptations to "cheat". Slack on the carrot salad, coffee and gelatin admittedly.

I am drinking ~2L skim milk, ~1L oj, eggs (sometimes eat shells depending how much meat ive had that day), usually have either mussels, prawns, bacon (going to drop) for night meal. Buying different fruits, melons, papaya, mango, grapes and eating different ones to vary the fruit in my diet, I think I am going to stick to melon regularly. Eating between 9-27g gelatin per day (I buy 9g sachets so 1-3 of those) but not noticing a great deal from it so sometimes forget to take it. Sometimes eat cheese but trying to lose some weight so I am not eating that regularly. A fair bit of salt, realised I can get 1tsp salt into a cocoa drink, (2 tbsps cocoa, 2 tbsps sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1tsp salt, ~500ml milk) and I can't tell at all, so going to start doing that more often.

I am roughly around 100g protein, 250g carb, 40g fat, 1800 calories.

chris

Yes that pinterest page is very good and you could make this diet quite exciting if you wanted to. I intended to include recipes from that page in the future, should I get bored. I have been doing the one ingredient pancakes from that page, just eggs and water then having sugar, lemon, chocolate sauce as toppings.

Beebop

I've been looking at the recipe page - thanks!
Today I am making venison stew, blackcurrant ice cream, and if there's time chocolate mousse and possibly marshmallows too. Admittedly, today is not a typical day - but you asked about being creative etc.

4peatssake

Beebop said:
Today I am making venison stew, blackcurrant ice cream, and if there's time chocolate mousse and possibly marshmallows too. Admittedly, today is not a typical day - but you asked about being creative etc.
Wow, that's impressive Beebop!

slayers

Today so far I had

Sugar
Gelatins, dry powder, unsweetened
Whey Protein
Cream, half and half
Dates, medjool
LiverPowder
Orange juice
Rice Cakes
Crispy Rice Cereal
Milk, 1% fat

cals 1,913
fat:22.2
carbs:296.0
protein:143.3

I'll most likely be having more rice lately, ice cream, and popcorn

Beebop

4peatssake said:
Beebop said:

I aim to please... my tummy! :lol:

4peatssake

Beebop said:
4peatssake said:
Beebop said:

uhm, what time's dinner? :pray

Beebop

4peatssake said:
Beebop said:
4peatssake said:
Beebop said:

uhm, what time's dinner? :pray

I'll send some through the internet for you :lol:
Expect delivery any moment!

HDD

Breakfast-OJ w/baking soda, coffe w/milk, sugar, 2 eggs scrambled in c.o. Lots of salt more OJ and milky, sugary, coffee. Lunch-salted cottage cheese with fruit or honey or Swiss cheese and fruit, coffee, milk and sugar, OJ, milk for snacks Dinner-beef, chicken, fish, plus potato or rice plus fruit, weekly- liver, oyster stew, shrimp
Gelatin gummy snacks, Haagen daz ice cream <3, mexi coke, Pepsi throwback
Chicharrones

I make dinner for family so I try to incorporate bone broth in when I can. I eat small amount of the meats. Some complain about wanting vegetables. Haha. We love potatoes and white rice with butter, coconut oil and a lot of salt. Not too gourmet, just trying to get all the basics down. Making gummy snacks weekly, chocolate syrup, broth. Going to try marshmallows if I can find organic corn syrup . Got fresh oysters and steamed and shucked last week to make stew. Would like to eat raw but would require too much beer, cracker, and cocktail sauce. ;)

4peatssake

Breakfast - creamsicle smoothie - 2 c. OJ 1 c. milk, 3-4 tsp sugar (sometimes I add a TB of coconut oil)
Snack - coffee, milk, sugar, gelatin (2 TB)
Lunch - 2 eggs fried in coconut oil or potato with lots of butter, milk and salt.
snack - creamsicle smoothie, as above
snack 2 - coffee, milk, sugar, gelatin (2 TB)
Dinner - varies and may include: beef, potatoes, scallops on occasion, milk and chocolate syrup, liver (have gotten away from this lately.) Would like to introduce oysters next.
Other snacks: haagen dazs coffee ice cream, Mexican coke, homemade gummy bears, cheese (hard to find clean source), grapes
Need to crack the whip on my daily carrot or carrot salad (mostly, I just eat the carrot) :roll:

jaa

Upon waking - half square of milk and oj gelatin, ice tea
Breakfast - usually potato + lamb leftover curry w/ 2 egg yolks or mashed potato + parm cheese + 2 egg yolks, coffee with lots of milk and half an oj and milk gelatin square
Snack - coffee + gelatin square
Lunch - potato and lamb curry and coffee
Snack - coffee + gelatin square
Snack - chocolate milk and carrot salad
Dinner - Bone broth with parm cheese / mussels and oysters / cheesey potato / steak and strained OJ
Snack - spoonful of haagan daaz before bed

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Pinned.

4peatssake

Little_Miss said:
How do you go with coffee as snacks? Do you get a bad response not having it with a meal?

My coffee is a meal. I make it with about a cup of coffee, a cup of milk, 3-4 tsp sugar and 2 TB of gelatin. It is rich and full and satisfying.
Sometimes I replace the sugar with chocolate syrup for cafe mocha.

So there is ample protein, fat and carbs.

jaa

Little_Miss said:
How do you go with coffee as snacks? Do you get a bad response not having it with a meal?

I drink my coffee with a lot of milk. I have an aeropress coffee maker which really concentrates the coffee so I have maybe 1/5 cup of coffee to 4/5 cup of milk. That + the gelatin seems to work fine for me.

4peatssake

jaa said:
Little_Miss said:

I drink my coffee with a lot of milk. I have an aeropress coffee maker which really concentrates the coffee so I have maybe 1/5 cup of coffee to 4/5 cup of milk. That + the gelatin seems to work fine for me.

Hey thanks for this post! I just looked at this coffee maker and I'm think I'm going to order one. They ship from Canada no less! This looks exactly like what I'm looking for and will enable me to cut back on liquids.

How do you like the aeropress jaa?

sctb

I use an Aeropress as well, and it's my favourite brewing method.

- Scott

jaa

4peatssake said:
jaa said:
Little_Miss said:
How do you like the aeropress jaa?

It's my first coffee maker, so I don't have much to compare it to, but it works great so far. You can reuse the filters and it's very convenient for bringing on the road or camping to to it's size and lack of need for electricity. The concentrated coffee is a nice benefit as well. :)

Edit: I also use the inverted method for brewing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0t7p9L02nA

4peatssake

sctb said:
I use an Aeropress as well, and it's my favourite brewing method.

- Scott

Thanks Scott! Just placed my order and should be delivered tomorrow! :woo

The Aeropress has such a huge following that there are annual international competitions for making the best Aeropress coffee! There are competitions being held in Australia and Japan this month! :lol:

http://worldaeropresschampionship.com/